“A bit of England in the U.S.”

Abbington Green Bed & Breakfast Inn and Spa
Ranked #3 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“A bit of England in the U.S.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things to describe our 5 days at Abbington Green.....Valerie goes out of her way to make your stay the best it can be.We stayed in the Hyde Park room....was so compfy and beautiful....We had our fresh coffee in the room in the morning and in the evening...The breakfast was amazing!!!!....Valerie asks you before you arrive about your dietary needs...Everyday began with a breakfast that looked like a magazine cover not to mention delicious....It was our first visit to Asheville and we know it will not be our last....Abbington Green will be part of that visit

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful....each is different..we were in Hyde Park...quiet...large
Green Features: At the top of the list.....Did everything that is environmentally friendly
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Brielle, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My sister and I were traveling together for a long getaway weekend. We are so happy we picked this beautiful gem. We had a truly amazing stay in the Eaton Square suite, a nicely appointed two bedroom, one and one half bath suite. Valerie met us as soon as we drove in, and made us feel as if we had just arrived to stay with a dear friend. Valerie made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay as perfect as possible, and we enjoyed every relaxing minute at beautiful Abbington Green. The inn and gardens were lovely. The breakfasts were delicious and so beautifully presented! No details were overlooked. The inn was perfectly situated for visiting Biltmore Estate and exploring all that Asheville has to offer. We highly recommend Abbington Green and would love to visit again.

Room Tip: The Eaton Square Suite is perfect for a family or two couples traveling together.
Green Features: Many of the ingredients in the breakfast items are organic. Water conservation measures are in place.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have always felt that if I wanted a routine vacation, I would stay at a routine hotel. So, why on earth would I do that when I consider the vacation time I get so precious? Where you stay can add to the enjoyment and memories of a vacation. That is why I seek out B&Bs to stay when I am fortunate enough to take a vacation. The Abbington Green B&B is in a gorgeous historic home, that is close to everything you may want to do in Asheville. We golfed, went downtown and of course went to the Biltmore. Everything was very close. Our breakfasts were simply wonderful. Valerie is an outstanding hostess and made us feel very welcome. Our room overlooked her gorgeous garden. I personally find gardens to bring me much joy, and so being able to sip a glass of wine, relax and enjoy the peacefulness of it all, was a wonderful treat for me. We also enjoyed her huge front porch that I wish I had at my own home! Valerie made sure she reviewed all that Asheville had to offer - shopping, restaurants, etc.,. It really was a marvelous stay. Well done Valerie!

Green Features: This B&B uses all filtered water, and Valerie uses a lot of organic foods for her breakfasts.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a luxury B&B close to the town of Asheville, the rooms are great and the breakfast is much more than you would expect. We stayed here for a long weekend and it was a delightful break in the mountains. We have no hesitation to recommend this as the best B&B in Asheville, NC.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

After spending 4 days in the mountains, my wife and I wanted to find a location in town to take advantage of all that is Asheville. The Abbington Green is a great spot to get everywhere in minutes, located in the Montfort Historic district filled with lovely homes. Valerie was a wonderful hostess and perfect on her dining recommendations in the unfortunately over-saturated Asheville. Surprisingly lovely gardens ... and QUIET! Breakfasts were delicious.

1 Thank John B
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our 25th anniversary. The accommodations were precisely as advertised We found nothing amiss--although since we do not watch TV it was odd having 3 TVs in a one bedroom Suite (1 in LR, 1 in BR and 1 in Bathroom)...but each to his own. The room was clean quiet and the breakfast was great,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We went to Abbington green for the first time last week for 3 nights. It was WONDERFUL!!! Valarie was a lovely host in every-way! We reserved the small room but upon arriving we were given a suite and it was beautiful!!! You want for nothing, she has thought of every possible need you might have for your stay. Her breakfast was yummy and beautifully presented. Upon arriving we found out she had just received a 4 diamond review for her B & B and i can tell you she has earned it! What a wonderful 17th Anniversary we had there. Also all the restaurants we went to were her recommendations and lets just say we ate very very well while in town. Ashville is a great little city with SO SO much to offer! If you love food and art this town is so for you! The Biltmore is pretty sweet as well! Thank you Valarie for such a wonderful holiday..was just what we needed and more!

1 Thank Alli2472