Aberdeen Inn
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$154
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
US$111
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$78
Hampton.com
US$123
US$91
Hampton.com
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$172
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$129
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$287
US$264
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$293
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbed and breakfastwillow roomstuffed french toastb byogurtpleasant stayother gueststomporchaccommodationsclosetdowntownhallwayfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2009

My wife and I stayed with Tom & Michelle for 6 nights, we had a wonderful time. When we arrived we were made so welcome, our room was beautifully decorated and very large with a most comfortable bed, most important. At the end of a long day walking it was great to come back to the Inn and sit on the porch with a glass of wine or beer supplied by our hosts and chat to other guests it was a lovely enviromemt.
Breakfast was a sight to behold, Tom being a trained chef produced various breakfasts for us, beautifully prepared and presented and Michelle's home made bread & flans ect was also an experience I would'nt have missed.
The location of the Inn is excellent, in fact my wife & I walked into town all the time.
If we are ever so lucky to go back to this part of the world we would most certainly stay at the Aberdeen Inn.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2009

My husband, 5 month baby and I recently stayed in the cottage for two nights. I found that their prices are really good compared to some of the other alternatives. Overall we were pleased with our stay and had a good time.

The first day we arrived, we checked in. It went smoothly and the cottage was very cute and nicely done. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom could use some updating but it wasn't bad at all. We couldn't get internet access at the cottage due to a recent storm which was a little annoying because we had to go back to the main house to order take out for dinner (we stayed in because of the baby).

Tom, the owner provides Biltmore tickets and a very nice discount so definitely buy tickets from him if you are going there.

The breakfasts were good; Tom definitely makes a good effort to provide something different. The first day we started with a yogurt and fruit parfait followed w/ two types of homemade toast, omelet and ham steak. The second day, we had the yogurt and fruit parfait again followed by a baked french toast w/ banana sauce and homemade turkey sausage. There are open bottles of wine, beer and soda that you can help yourself to and a living room w/ lots of magazines and some books. The porch is nice and spacious.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank poisondartfrog1
Reviewed 2 May 2009

My spouse and I recently stayed two nights at the Aberdeen Inn for the first time. Our reason for the stay in Asheville was to tour and explore the Biltmore Estate as it has been on our "bucket list" for awhile now. What an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL place!

I have a few good comments and a few negatives about the Aberdeen Inn. I must say that our initial reaction was less than expected when we found the Aberdeen Inn. The neighbourhood wasn't the best although very quiet. Fortunately the Inn was one of the best looking in the immediate vicinity and perched on a high hill. The driveway was a bit tricky to navigate up as it makes a sharp turn right next to the house and you cannot see whether you are going to hit the house or not then you pull through this carport affair and into the parking lot heading back down the hill.

We really enjoyed the big front verandah with lots of comfortable outside furniture such as wicker sofas and rocking chairs. It was very enjoyable to sit and relax here with a cold drink. The frig is fully stocked and complimentary for guests which was a very nice amenity that most B&B's do not offer.

The house itself was very big but a bit cluttered as another poster mentioned. It did not make a favourable impression to walk through the front door and immediately see the office area - computer, papers, clutter set up at the foot of the open stairway and right in front of you as you entered the home. This took away from the overall decor of the home.

Our bedroom was very nice and furnished with a big, comfortable king bed, and antique furniture. This was the Mountainview room. We were not very happy with the dirty windows though so our mountain view could have been nicer if the windows were clean. The screens were not fitting properly with a big gap to the outside. Only one window opened and the rest were painted shut. I would definitely be rectifying this if I were the owner. The bathroom was private and adequate but small. The sink was teeny tiny and you had to be careful that you didn't splash water everywhere. The shower was nice.

I did really enjoy the peace and quiet at night. But another drawback to the room was that the window blinds were white and did not filter out the light. Since the windows faced east, the light was very bright in the morning. I would have put drapes across so that you could draw them at night to darken the room.

The hi-speed internet did not seem to work from our room but when I took my laptop to the livingroom, I was able to connect OK.

The breakfasts were delicious as Tom is a Master Chef by trade. So needless to say his breakfasts were so good and very filling. The eating area was very charming and pretty with tables and chairs set up along a large group of windows. Tom was a very nice host and very helpful and friendly.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shar0nOntari0
Reviewed 1 May 2009

My husband, a long time friend and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the Aberdeen.
Being an innkeeper myself for 3+ years, this trips was the first time I've staying at a B&B as a B&B owner. I was particularly looking forward to breakfast made by someone other than myself. Tom and Michele are skillful, creative chefs, and the food was fresh, creative, and delicious. Unique sauces and delectable pastries, home made jams, and Tom's signature fruit salad was a treat for someone else who gets up at 6:00 a.m. to make vacationers drool. And drool we did. Dinner suggestions were helpful. House was beautiful inside and outside. The furniture and oriental rugs are "art works" thesmelves. Michele's gardening the day we arrived had me out buying my herbs and annuals the day I arrrived home. I hope to bring our daughter back for a mother/daughter holiday.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2009

The Aberdeen Inn felt like a European B&B. Tom and Michele made sure I was comfortable and their breakfast was INCREDIBLE! They accommodated my last minute change of plans and stayed up past their bedtime to make sure that my schedule was going to work for breakfast. I truly felt like I was staying with family. If you are looking for an impersonal Mega-Hotel and so-so food go someplace else. If you are looking for amazing food with a cozy B&B atmosphere then the Aberdeen Inn is the place to go!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business