“Livin' Green near Biltmore”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Asheville Green Cottage
Ranked #33 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

The so-called "Paris of the South" just got a little greener! Asheville Green Cottage is my top choice for a pleasant, clean, cozy & fragrance free stay when visiting the Asheville area & it's proximity to Biltmore Village & estate cannot be beat! Set on a hillside in a lovely neighborhood above the original railway, this historic treasure is home to two delightful hosts & 4 unique guest rooms. I've stayed in every room but 1 & they are all very comfortable! For a little more space to spread out & the ambience of a little electric fireplace, choose the upstairs rooms! (Africa is my favorite) Tip: if you're a really early riser & coffee drinker like I am, head just down the hill to Starbucks. They open before dawn. More hot morning beverages will be served with a healthy breakfast, of course. ;)

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank ACaliforniaDreamer

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We recently stayed with Vicki and Neeraj on our way to Charleston, S.C., and it was wonderful. The bed was extremely comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and the conversation was a delight. We stayed in the Africa room and it was extremely clean and cozy... Everything was there for a purpose... We stay often at B and Bs and it's always a pleasure when one exceeds your expectations... Thanks!

Room Tip: The Africa room was very quiet and well appointed...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dodgers32
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed here with my husband for three nights last month. Vicki and Neeraj were such warm & gracious hosts. Really enjoyed our morning visits with Vicki (and loved her tasty cooking, of course!). The energy here was so peaceful and inviting. I just can't recommend this place enough.

Oh, and the rates were VERY reasonable. Such a great find.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Zen room. It was very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BunniMinx
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Okay, not to leave Neeraj out, but I had such a wonderful time chatting with Vicki after breakfast over a cup of coffee! We stayed here for several days and loved the place, location (we wanted to be close to the Biltmore Estate), our room, and the breakfast. YUM!! Quiet and peaceful and nice neighborhood to take walks around. Vicki and I are fellow horse owners, so yes, we had something in common, but it went over that to what my title says. It was truly like visiting my sister and my husband and I would definitely come back again. Also, the "green" part is that this place is environmentally green and healthy for visitors.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "India" room upstairs. Loved the view and very spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Once again,staying with Vicki & Neeraj was a delightful

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Somewhere at sea
Reviewed 5 June 2004

I will never forget my times at Acorn Cottage...
The cottage is great in every respect... However the owner/hostess makes your visit always special..
Sharon Tabor is a very special person...I was priviliged to know her when she first purchased her "dream" a few years ago...
Your every moment there will be an extension of the love that she has put in her dream.
My comments in this review are very easy to submit.... God blesses us with certain people and one of mine has been the Inn Keeper of Acorn Cottage....
Steve Holland
S/V Sea Flow

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Springfield, IL
Reviewed 1 November 2003

Highly professional innkeeper with a warm and welcoming personality (not to mention the extremely tasty breakfasts and afternoon refreshments) makes the Acorn Cottage a perfect accommodation choice when visiting Biltmore and Asheville. We will return. Donna and Gary Schechter

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member