“A charming and peaceful inn”
Review of Albemarle Inn

Albemarle Inn
Ranked #21 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2008

My wife and I have stayed in many inns and B & B's throughout the nation. The Albemarle ranks as one of our favorites. The location was perfect and easily accessible. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.

What we especially liked was the hands off policy. We were never bothered by the staff, and yet they were always there to help us in anything we needed, from a dinner reservation to directions. The breakfasts were rich, indulgent and innovative.

The rooms were tastefully done in the period, impeccably clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2008

The Albemarle Inn presents a charming and restful environment, particularly after a full day of visiting all the sights that Asheville and the Biltmore Estates have to offer. The owners, Cathy and Larry, are wonderful and will provide all the insider information on places to visit that only the locals would know about - to include the Fiddlin' Pig. BBQ and a show for $6.00. We couldn't stop laughing and the children "danced" center stage. But back to the Albemarle, their website accurately describes the property - much more than someone's large house they turned into a B&B. It has character galore, spacious, and clean. Beautiful landscaping (thanks to Larry's willingness to pick up a shovel), and a large, covered veranda to enjoy it all. I can't think of anything else they could do to improve this B&B.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2008

From the check-in to check out our stay at the Albemarle Inn was a pleasant experience. The young ladies who met us at the door gave us a wonderful tour of the Inn and good advice on the events of the Inn. Our room was large and spacious with beautiful antique furniture. The shower was a bit small for me but excellent for my wife. Breakfast were well prepared and tasty and the coffee was excellent. The service was impeccable and extremely friendly. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2008

This charming B@B exceded our expectations by providing my wife and I with a very warm staff who were always available to enrich our Ashville experience. The B@B itself is drop dead gorgeous with guest driven amenities aplenty. Located at the end of a culdesac and bordered by other historic homes, this location is both charming and peaceful.

The morning meals were always a culinary experience handcrafted by the local staff and served in a lovely dining room never to be forgotten.......i highly encourage all to consider this B@B if visiting Ashville.

Bruce and Dee (brucedeeann@hotmail.com)
Oxnard, Ca.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 16 April 2008

This place was great, I don't know much about the other B&B's in the area, but I did my research before picking this one. The house and grounds are beautiful - you can tell the age and the house has settled a bit but it is great.

The breakfast area is fantastic, make sure you get there early to get the table in the baywindow. The food is good too.

The room was great, clean, nice style.

Highly recommend this place when staying in Asheville.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2008

My husband and I were looking for a special place to celebrate our anniversary. We found it at the Albemarle. Entering the inn was a trip back to another era ... one that reflected elegance and gentillity. Our room was beautifully furnished and appointed. The bath had all of the expected comforts and breakfast was the best we've had at any bed and breakfast. In addition the staff was friendly and most cooperative. All in all ... a five star rating!

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 10 March 2008

I have been to Asheville many times, but this was my first visit to the Albemarle Inn and it will not be my last. I have stayed many times at the Grove Park Inn, and although it is a lovely property, the value, atmosphere and attention at the Albemarle Inn can not be surpassed. This will be my first choice for my future visits to Asheville. Everything is fabulous - the owners/staff could not be more courteous, breakfast was superb and the rooms are heavenly (we stayed in Vanity Fair). You are missing out if you do not stay at the Albemarle Inn!

Stayed: February 2008