“Warm and welcoming B&B, incredible hosts”

Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 28 June 2007

My husband & I booked to stay at the Inn for three nights on a month long holiday of Virginia & North Carolina. Nancy & Larry were wonderful hosts and could not have done any more for us, even lending us their telephone for a morning when a family emergency came up in England.
We loved the 4 o'clock hour when cheese and wine was served for the guests.
Our room the Granny Smith was lovely. My husband was sitting on a chair on our private balcony one evening saying pinch me as this can't be real it is so perfect!
We booked all of our accomodation before we travelled and Nancy was the only one who wrote to us personally with mobile phone numbers, maps and restaurant recommendations. A great personal touch.

• Liked — Beautiful decor and outside space including many porches and rocking chairs
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
boston
Reviewed 12 June 2007

The hospitality of Nancy and Larry and their two little doggies cannot be emphasized enough. My experience in Asheville would not have been the same had I not stayed here. The breakfast was out of this world, you will not need lunch! I was traveling alone, and Nancy made sure to introduce me to the other guests, yet I did not feel intruded upon in any way. The room was so comfortable, and I did not hear one noise all night.

It was the little touches that made the difference, for example, the lavender room spray, the fact that your ice bucket was filled in the late afternoon for you along with two bottles of water, perfect for having a cold glass of water by your bed, the cherry scented body lotion, the olive oil soap, the little writing desk with a journal of former guests' entries, all the personal antiques and paintings by Nancy's dad, books about the area etc etc

There are outdoor spaces galore with porches with rocking chairs and swings. I would say that mature children would do well here, as there are many antiques in the home. I would not exactly say it is walking distance to downtown, although I understand that many people do it. I took a taxi for $5.25.

I would highly recommend Applewood Manor. Nancy and Larry were very accomodating, allowing me to check in very early since the room was not occupied and having me for breakfast on both days, even though I technically only stayed one night. Just a great experience all around.

• Liked — the amazing breakfasts, the friendliness and homey atmosphere
  • Disliked — water could run hot and cold due to it being an older house
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo