“Wonderful”

Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights in August for my birthday. We cannot say enough nice things about this B&B! Our room (York Imperial) was wonderful and the private deck was very spacious. Nancy and Larry were gracious hosts and made you feel right at home. Breakfast was truly scrumptious and the main dish was different each morning. I would recommend this B&B without any hesitation.

Room Tip: York Imperial room is well worth the money!
There are newer reviews for Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 6 September 2012

My apologizes to Nancy and Larry, because it has taken me all summer to write this. The reason is that it was our first B&B and I thought that was the type of service I could expect at any B&B. Boy was I wrong! I really had nothing to compare it to until this past labor day weekend when I went to B&B in Bryson NC. I should have called Nancy and Larry, (my wife reminded me of that...several times)...It would have been worth the drive.

Guys if you are looking for a romantic weekend and want to have your wife pampered, Applewood is the place to be.....Nancy and Larry run a fabulous place, second to none. Not to mention, a movie setting type atmosphere. If your wife can not feel the romance at Applewood...You may need a new wife!

We spend our anniversary at Applewood back in May of 2012. We were greeted with cut roses and chocolate covered strawberry's in the room. (My wife was tickled to death, well worth the little extra). Breakfast was fabulous and the service is second to none...Plus you get a floor show with Larry's jokes....(personnel, I'm glad he has a day job---only joking)

My hats off to the cleanness of the rooms. Nancy told me on the phone she demanded them to be clean and they were and than some. The staff would make the bed while your at breakfast. Clean your room when you leave for the day and turn your blankets down in the evening. They even provided chocolate on your pillows. The room was extremely clean. It was the first time in my life, I felt I had to tip and was not obligated to tip the cleaning staff for wonderful service.
The attention to detail was amazing. Nancy provides candles and bath salts for a romantic jetted tub and I mean Romantic. Everything in the house and on the property has been well maintained to include the smallest of details. To top it all off, wine and cheese at 5...what a wonderful touch.....

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David S
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We enjoyed the home and host and hostess very much. Larry is very entertaining and friendly, as is his wife, and the home and food were great. They made us feel at home and even let the guys play their guitars on the porch without complaint! Breakfasts were big. Happy Hour was happy. You will like it!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nancyalice
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My wife and I made a second attempt at taking a hot air balloon trip in Asheville (canceled again!) and knew there was no where else we wanted to stay. We loved Nancy and Larry the first time and found nothing had changed. They were still extremely nice and accommodating and the food was excellent. Despite the failed hot air ballooning, we had another great visit to Asheville due to Nancy and Larry at Applewood.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott Q
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Book now-- if you're not yet convinced, then continue reading. Larry & Nancy have figured it out, they know exactly how to treat a guest from the moment you walk in the door to the time you must say your goodbyes and head home.

The moment we walked into the house, we were in awe-- the website just doesn't do the house any justice. The first floor is beautiful, inviting, and remarkably spotless. The owners of this B&B paid strict attention to detail-- you can find a wonderful place to relax in more than ten different locations throughout the grounds along with a series of treats. As with all of the reviewers, the Wine and Cheese at "Social Hour" really won us over. Nancy made it a point to ensure that our glasses were full, and that we were well fed prior to heading out for an evening downtown.

Now, for many of you this may seem like too much interaction with the Innkeepers. Well don't you worry, our loving hosts quietly ensured that all was taken care of while very professionally ensuring that we had our space to relax and enjoy our vacation.

If you're looking for a personalized, relaxing stay at a seasoned inn, you must stay at Applewood. All compliments and zero complaints-- now, that's hard to beat.

Room Tip: The Granny Smith room was excellent, and included a private porch with Mountain Views (if you peeked...
2  Thank dbetz
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My wife and I spent my birthday at this lovely Inn near downtown in Asheville. We had a great time there. The innkeepers Nancy and Larry are excellent and if you need to ask them anything they are very helpful. The room (Granny Smith) was lovely with its own private balcony. Breakfast in the morning was terrific. We highly recommend it.

1  Thank KAONCUS
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We did a girls getaway with my mother and sister and loved every minute. Nancy and Larry were so nice and helpful. The breakfast was superb and our room was immaculate. We love coming up to Asheville and visiting and can't wait to come back and stay at Applewood again!

• Stayed: August 2012