“It's a 10!”

Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Nancy and Larry excel as innkeepers. It was the best stay on our trip. The breakfasts were heavenly especially the home made granola. This inn helped make our trip to Asheville especial. We look to return and this inn will be where we stay when in Asheville.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LiamAA

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Nancy & Larry create a true 'home away from home' atmosphere at Applewood. Kind, caring, attentive, and truly hospitable. Before you leave, they feel like extended family. I'm already looking forward to my next trip back..

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I took a road trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway and stayed at Applewood prior to our journey along the parkway. This B&B is so beautiful and is located in such a peaceful setting. We loved just relaxing outside on the porch. The backyard has a hammock, tree swing as well as several other areas to sit and enjoy the lovely grounds. We even played a game of horsehoes in the backyard. The breakfast is outstanding every morning. We stayed Easter Sunday and Nancy prepared little gift bags with candy. Nancy and Larry are so nice and welcoming too. Looking forward to our next trip to Asheville and staying at this wonderful B&B!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My sister and I just returned from 3 nights at Applewood Manor. The first two nights we were in the Cortland Cottage and the last night we were in the Granny Smith room inside the main house. Both rooms were very clean, we enjoyed the privacy of the cottage and the wonderful big balcony of the Granny Smith. We enjoyed walking in the Montford neighborhood and actually never got in the car once we arrived; we were able to walk downtown for dinner and to shop. Nancy and Larry were very welcoming, you feel like you have known them forever. The breakfasts were delicious and we enjoyed the social hour as well. Several couples we met were on their fourth and fifth visit to Applewood and I can certainly see why. We will be back! Highly recommended

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We are 6 couples that travel annually with one person planning the trip . 2014 brought us to Asheville for the 3rd time. The Applewood was our lodging choice and it could not have been better. All the rooms were nice, extremely clean and comfortable . The innkeepers were on top form and the breakfasts by Nancy were most hearty. I would recommend the Applewood to those that enjoy top - drawer B and B's- Terry Willis

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry W
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I ended up in Asheville on a spare of a moment type thing. We went on a road trip for our honeymoon and we didn't plan where we were going and decided on Asheville the very last minute. We only got to stay for 1 night but it was one of the most memorably, lovely nights of our honeymoon. All thanks to the open arms and hearts of Nancy and Larry. What great hosts, you truly feel like you are in someone house but you don't feel like strangers, you feel as if you have known them forever and they have been long distance friends for years. We also met another wonderful couple who was on vacation and ended up going out to dinner and drinks with them. This is probably one of the best things about staying at a B&B. You get to mingle while eating cheese and wine. YES you heard me right, cheese and wine... it just really can't get better. Until breakfast time ;) The breakfast that Nancy whipped up was absolutely delicious. I didn't think I like papaya with yogurt on top, and I absolutely loved it. Seriously Nancy... tell me your secret!

I know we only stayed for one night, but I can't wait to plan our next trip to Asheville. Thank you Nancy and Larry for having such a wonderful and beautiful B&B.

XO
The Carrera's

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Before my husband and I had children we loved going to B&B's, but most do not allow a child to stay, let alone a pet! We were thrilled when we learned Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast could be accomadating to well behaved children and trained pets. They also went above and beyond to cater to our families allergies and dietary needs. If we had a large family, I would love to go back to Applewood for a family reunion or get together. Seems like it would be the perfect place for a family to get together, relax and get taken care of!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cottage (the only room that is pet-friendly) and it was so worth it. We liked have...