“Best B&B we stayed in”

Carolina Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was a lovely place to stay - it is a fantastic house and the rooms were well appointed and equipped. What made the stay though were the hosts and the relaxed atmosphere and the way that all the guests were able to mix and get to know one another. Fantastic evenings on the porch putting the world to rights and sharing travel tips.We were sad to leave and break up the atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for a weekend and left there KNOWING we would be back. There is no way to describe this place and the owners, other than outstanding. This was our first experience at a B & B, and I have a hard time imaging any place will trump it. Attention to detail is paramount for James and Susan. From the second we walked in the door, we felt like family. Every evening they have a wine hour with hors d'oeuvre's. That is an understatement. The food that Susan puts out for wine hour could be a meal in itself. The room (Godlfinch) was perfect in every way possible. My girlfriend (whom became my fiancé while we were there) loved the treats that were on our nightstand when we got back from dinner. It's those little things that bring people back. BOOK THIS PLACE!!! You will glad you did!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Do yourself a favor and book your room at Carolina Bed & Breakfast. My 13-year-old and I booked a room for a mother-daughter bonding weekend. James and Susan welcomed us warmly on our arrival, and a delicious, homemade dessert greeted us in our room each evening. The property is beautifully decorated and features art from around the world gathered over the years that the owners lived in other countries. Not only were James and Susan generously accommodating to my daughter's vegetarian diet (I informed them about it when I made the reservation), but the breakfasts were incredible! One morning was sweet while the next was savory, and both were culinary masterpieces explained to us by a true foodie which made it all the more fun. James was so helpful when it came to navigating our way around town, choosing which places we should visit and where we should eat based on our interests. Truly, I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I visited the Carolina Bed & Breakfast as an early 30th birthday trip for me/babymoon. We were there for two nights and it was so wonderful. The owners are fantastic and accommodating with food and everything else. They were very helpful with finding restaurants and fun things to do around town. The B&B itself was beautiful. The rooms were so comfortable and because it was Christmas time they had gorgeous decorations around the house, including some in the rooms. We stayed in the Hummingbird Room and loved it. During wine and appetizers, we were initially concerned we might feel a little awkward mingling, but it wasn't at all. The appetizers were delicious and James was around to talk and help people figure out what to do for the evening. My parents stayed one night, too, and we've all raved about it since.

Breakfast was also awesome. The food in general was great even without eating meat! We left with a copy of her cookbook. There is seriously nothing bad to say about the place. At one point we thought we were low on outlets and then realized they had set up some strips for people to use, so that was great, too, especially in an older house.

All in all, I can't imagine going to Asheville and staying anywhere else. It was a wonderful trip and we would recommend the Carolina B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Me and my friends originally planned on to stay at Carolina B&B for only 1 night, but my friends like it so much there that we decided to stay one more night. My friends have a 12 yr daughter, since all the rooms there have only 1 bed, a cot is brought into their room. The breakfast was fabulous, they were different on each morning and both were just as good. The owners were on vacation, but Sara who was there for our stay was extremely helpful. She got our tickets for the Biltmore house, arranged taxi services for us to go to downtown ashville and very accomdating for everything. It started snowing the second night we were there, but with the fireplace in our room, the room was warm and cozy enough. Overall, we are soooooo happy with our stay and there are not enough words to express our gratitude toward the exceptional service and the beautiful and well maintained house. Sara definitely made us feel home during our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights last fall and had a great experience. When a friend joined us at the last minute, the owners very generously accommodated us. They were also super helpful with recommendations for restaurants and nearby hikes. The wine and appetizers in the evenings were a nice touch, too.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My boyfriend and I had a lovely time at Carolina B&B the week before Christmas. Sara is an amazing host! She was very helpful with dining and drink spots and gave excellent directions. And the food is fabulous! Nightly appetizers served with wine and delicious creative meals for breakfast. Our room was spacious yet cozy and did not feel like we had to speak in hushed tones, large enough house for adequate privacy. If we make it back to Asheville we will for sure stay with Sara at Carolina B&B. Many thanks for a welcome peaceful time before the holiday rush!

Room Tip: Request a room with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub.