“Great stay! Excellent hosts will make sure you have fun in Asheville.”

Carolina Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2010

We got lucky with our B&B choice, and want to pass on the word. Jim and Sue were great hosts, the breakfasts were fresh, delicious and attractive. The place is beautiful and well kept. Expect your hosts to be friendly, have good entertainment advice, and will work with your plans and schedule.

We stayed several nights and had a wonderful time. I felt right at home immediately. The B&B is is a residential area, but it's really nice and established. The downtown Asheville area is within a reasonable walking distance and there's lots to do and see. A couple of enjoyable restaurants are quite close, with plenty more in the downtown area, with lots of choices.

I recommend this place and these hosts. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2010

After being recommended to me by friends and reading all the amazing reviews for the Carolina Bed & Breakfast I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! James and Susan are truly wonderful hosts, they are attentive, friendly and were so helpful when it came to suggesting restaurants, activities and sights to see. As an avid traveler I have stayed in many b&b's and this is the first one I decided to write a review about - everything about my stay was well worth the price. Susan is a fantastic chef, her stuffed french toast is to die for! I had a beautiful breakfast in the the morning, after a heavenly night sleep in the mockingbird room, in one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in (I wish my bed at home was as plush). James and Susan also have a cocktail hour for guests at night where wine and hor d'oeuvres are served which is included in the room price (see I told you it was a great deal!) The b&b is beautifully furnished, they have two porches I spent ample time reading on and basking in the gorgeous North Carolina sun. I love Asheville and will definitely be back to stay at The Carolina Bed & Breakfast, and I will recommend that my friends do the same!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Innkeepers Susan and James have done an amazing job taking ownership of Carolina Bed & Breakfast. This was my first time to the Carolina bed & breakfast, but about my 10th time to Asheville. The experience I had here surpassed all of my previous trips. The combination of the amazing location with the lively conversation and attentiveness from the hosts made it an unforgettable experience. From a review perspective: perfectly clean rooms, great food (don't know how Susan does it all!), walking distance to downtown, well-kept backyard area, beautiful front porch area for sitting. Couldn't be more pleased.

Chalk this up as a must see in NC!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I took a mini road trip with my 10 year old son from Augusta to Charlotte. The highlight of the trip was our weekend in Asheville, in part due to our stay at the Carolina B&B. The room was perfect and the setting was great. The bed and breakfast is near to a many local attractions, either on foot or by car. Even though it was in the middle of summer, the Carolina B&B had enough shade around it to hangout outside and watch the world go by.

Our room was spacious and comfortable with an incredibly cozy bed.

Susan and James did a wonderful job of making us feel at home. They have done a wonderful job with the decor and and the breakfasts were fantastic.

If you ever go to Asheville, I would recommend staying here. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2010

This is a fairly new B&B and it shows. Not sure they are trying very hard either (yikes) With so many to choose from in Asheville I just simply wouldn't stay here again. We have stayed in much better places.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ArtLover335
smallblondemom, Owner at Carolina Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2010

James and I are very sorry to learn that you were not happy with your stay here. To date, feedback has been very positive and we are working very hard to make the Carolina Bed & Breakfast a special experience for all our guests. We would be most grateful if the reviewer would take a few minutes to call us on our toll-free number, 1-888-254-3608, to discuss specifics so that we can address your issues. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 August 2010

Perfect hosts, perfect house, perfect room, perfect fellow travelers, perfect breakfast, perfect happy hour, and perfect neighborhood. I picked this B&B because I wanted to be able to walk to some restaurants and trolley plus the rooms looked great on their website. The front porch is wonderful place to sit and watch all the adults/dogs out walking and babies getting fresh air in their strollers. Thank you James and Susan for taking such good care of me.....Jan in Florida

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2010

A unique feature of this B&B is the cottage. We booked it for our 17th wedding anniversary and were delighted by the appointments in our cozy weekend retreat. With Asheville within walking distance, we literally parked the car and never needed to get back into it until we left. With a gourmet breakfast of 2 courses prepared by Susan served by James, our hosts, and an early evening wine and hors deourves with the other guests, I hardly wanted anything else to eat while I was there, but I did force myself to a Mellow Mushroom pizza and few other restaurants in Asheville. The B&B was so good, even thought we were there during Bele Chere, we have decided to go back, with or without the festival. This will be one of our traditional B&B destinations, it ranks with the best of them!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple