“Anniversary in Asheville”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Anniversary in Asheville”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My husband and I recently enjoyed a trip to Asheville for our wedding anniversary - we could not have been more pleased with our choice to stay at the Cedar Crest Inn! Not only was this our first time to visit this beautiful city but it was also our first B&B experience; which we will likely have a hard time topping. You can see from the pictures that the place is gorgeous, and even more impressive in person, which was a great historic continuation to come back to after visiting the Biltmore all day. Our room was very clean & tidy, and we were greeted with wine in the evening along with helpful restaurant and entertainment suggestions from Drew. And last but certainly not least was the fact that the staff was accommodating to our dietary needs (we are vegetarians), which was nice to find b/c it can sometimes be difficult. If you're in the same boat, I would recommend that you tell them when you book your reservation so they can be prepared.

Room Tip: Book via phone to hear quirks about each room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TN2some

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
london
Reviewed 11 May 2011

antiques abound, rooms are decorated with a lot of flair for a bygone era ... some might even call it romantic.

great location in asheville but breakfast was a bit disappointing. quirky and fun though some small aspects (dated bathrooms) could do with enhancement given price paid for rooms. onerous cancellation policy to bear in mind.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fridgemagnets
Atlanta, Ga.
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Needing a rest from business, I sometimes like to travel to the mountains of Asheville to get away from the hustle and bustle. I prefer bed and breakfasts because of their "homeiness" and comfort; however, I am sometimes disappointed in the accomodations for one reason or another. 1891 did not disappoint me. After driving four hours from Atlanta and arriving at 1am, I was immediately impressed by both the grounds as well as the house. Its presence from the street was breathtaking and I knew that I would not be disappointed. I had spoken to Drew earlier in the week to arrange the accomodations and he was very helpful and informative about the area as well as the B&B scene in Asheville. The house was only a few blocks from the Biltmore, which I visit frequently. The rooms were both unique and comfortable. Much attention was given to detail and I was impressed with the ambiance and sitting areas. The grounds were well kept and there were plenty of places to sit, each lunch, or simply read a book or carry on a casual conversation. The best B&B that I have ever stayed at to this point. I would definitely come back.

Khary Kyle

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kharykyle
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I selected the Cedar Crest Inn for an overnight trip with my 10 year old niece. I wanted her first experience at a bed & breakfast to be special. The Cedar Crest Inn exceeded my high expections. We spent the day at the Biltmore Estate. When we arrived at the Inn we both felt like we were staying in a small version of the Biltmore House. The Inn is beautiful and very well maintained. Our host, Nancy, was wonderful and provided us with information we needed about the area. The Cedar Crest Inn was perfectly located. We thoroughly enjoyed exploring the lovely grounds and relaxing on the picturesque porch during the afternoon. We stayed in the Tower Room and my niece was enthralled with the unique bathroom. Breakfast was superb. We both felt very special during our entire stay. I highly recommend the Cedar Crest Inn and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank 2Rivers11
Grand Ridge, Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Professional, courteous and friendly atmosphere with local knowledge of amenities. The house (bed and breakfast) was constructed in 1891 and the interior decor and woodwork was stunning in detail. Did I mention the free wine in the parlor with a huge fireplace?

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ash029
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 January 2011

After two long years of struggling with various health issues, we finally received the opportunity to take some time out for ourselves. After searching online for a week or so, my mother and sister came across cedarcrestinn.com. The website offered great pictures and so my mother called. Her first call to Drew was warm and inviting. Drew is a GREAT host. Unbelievably accommodating, kind, knowledgeable and generous. Jason and I stayed for 4 days. We were checked in by Jeff who showed us around and was very detailed in explaining to us how the Inn worked and what we could expect. He gave us each a glass of wine while we perused the extensive collection of area restaurants. Jeff gave us his best reviews and assured us that if we had any questions that he would do his best to answer them. The following morning we dined in the elegant dining room on a complete three course breakfast prepared and served by Drew. Each morning was spent eating and chatting. Drew's willingness to share local spots with us and cater to the areas that we liked goes hand in hand with his attention to every detail of your stay. We stayed in the "Serenity Suite". A Spacious but cozy suite, with a jacuzzi tub and rain shower. A separate sitting room with a flat screen tv, with direct access to our own private veranda, allowed us to make our stay feel like the best of home. Our stay included tickets to Biltmore Estate, provided to us by Cedar Crest, a great two day experience. Ashville is at your fingers with this location. Not only would we stay here again but we would send anyone we know to stay at Cedar Crest. Thank you for the rest and relaxation!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ChristynJason
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We stayed at the Cedar Crest Inn for two nights and had a wonderful time! I would recommend this B&B to anyone! Drew was very insightful regarding restaurants, sights, nightlife, etc and by the way he is a great cook- any lady would be lucky!!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple