Cedar Crest Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$261
US$254
  • Restaurant
US$99
Country Inn
US$201
US$178
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
US$134
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$349
US$314
Official Site
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
Renaissance Hotels
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$276
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main houseserenity suitecarriage housequeen anne roomtower roomguest cottageb bromeo julietprivate verandabiltmore estatebed and breakfastold victoriancelebration suitecomplimentary wineeach morningsitting roomentire house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I was sent to Asheville on a business assignment for my company. I had heard it was a great town and knew that I would want to mix some pleasure with business and explore this great city. I found the Cedar Crest Inn on a quick google search and was impressed with what I saw. After speaking to Drew, the Innkeeper, about rates and accommodations on the phone I was convinced that this was my place to stay. I probably should not be advertising this but Drew worked out a great "corporate rate" for me because I was traveling on business and staying for an extended period of time, it is refreshing to see a small mom and pop business recognizing the needs of the traveler and accommodating accordingly... This is something that I rarely see on the road in my corporate travels. The Wi-Fi, which is free, had great connectivity and made it a total pleasure to get some work done on my laptop from the comfort of the Inn's large wrap-around porch. I had to leave early every day for my meetings and the staff went out of their way to make me a to-go bag with a sweet bread and fruit for every morning. I came back from each day of business meetings to a free glass of wine, which was a really nice touch. All in all, a fantastic experience. This is by far the best experience I have had traveling for work and up in the top three experiences I have had even for leisure travel. Drew runs a class operation, he and his staff made sure I was taken care of, and also gave me the inside scoop on things-to-do in the area. I did not get to discuss his future plans with him while I was there, but Drew if you read this, let me know if you ever need a change in pace and thanks again for the wonderful stay. My wife and I are already planning a trip to come back down possibly in time for the Biltmore Christmas tour.

Room Tip: The Carriage House rooms are more modern and more comfortable. They are around the price of the main Inn and more private.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank CherryMustang
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My sister and I had the pleasure of taking a "girls" weekend and we ended up staying at the Cedar Crest Inn. We picked this place primarily because of its proximity to downtown Asheville and Biltmore Village. This was my first stay ever at a B&B, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.

The B&B is a beautiful, pink old Victorian style house. The wrap around porch was so nice to sit on and eat breakfast every morning (the banana bread ROCKED!).

Nicer than the place itself is the staff! Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Drew who proved to be very knowledgeable about the whole area. He was kind enough to give us restaurant suggestions as well as some great hiking trail suggestions. If you get the opportunity, you should sit down and talk with Drew. He is a very unassuming guy when you meet him, but there is much more to him than meets the eye.

And as far as his guests, I don't think that we made any extravagant demands, but I got the impression that he would go out of his way to make a guest happy. I would highly recommend this place to anybody visiting Asheville

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank JenEdwards728
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My fiancee and I stayed here for two nights during our stay in Asheville and loved the home. I was expecting a little more from the breakfast, but we had the same thing two days in a row. I was really hoping for some pancakes on Sunday morning, but we were served the same quiche instead. I would have enjoyed a bit more attention from the hotel staff. They were kind of hands-off.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlh912
Reviewed 9 August 2011

"The Pink Lady" is awesome sitting atop her hill and she is aging gracefully. However, she is aging and that is where people personality makes up for her flaws. I have been to many B & B's across the United States and have always found that what the inn may lack the staff can usually make-up for; such was the case at Cedar Crest. Make sure to go and when you do ask for Jeff. He is knowledgeable about the inn, its history, schedule, and the amenities available to you. He is also very familiar with the Asheville area and will steer you in the right direction for your Asheville adventure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I agree with the review from Southern Girl below, " It is what it is".

We stayed only one night. The outside of this house is absolutely beautiful, the lawn is lovely, the porches delightful, and beautifully maintained. Two cats that live there were as lovely as the house.

However upon entering, the shadowed sitting area was dark, very dark. I felt as if I was in a Victorian funeral parlor. The hardwood staircase is absolutely beautiful. But on the wall at the landing were two light fixtures whose shades had been replaced with contemporary round, white glass balls. Definitely not Victorian. Weird.

If there was a library or study with books; I never found it. There was a room to the left of the entry that I thought to be a study. It was filled with information concerning the house and history, but no novels .

We had the Queen Anne Room; supposedly a favorite among guests. I wished that I took my camera. The room looks as advertised. It's the little things that "didn't" impress me. Warm bottled water and ice bucket, no ice? Turn-down service as advertised?

The pink bathroom had what I assumed was an original slipper tub complete with patches of missing or flaking finish on the pink exterior. The inside shower curtain (that couldn't be moved outside the tub) dragged the bottom of the tub by about 5 inches. The hot and cold plumbing lines were reversed; a shocking surprise upon entering the shower. The ceramic tile floor was missing pieces and cracked. The floral wall paper "vintage 1980" ( my mom had the same paper in our old house) needs replacing, along with the "ugly, clashing floral, discount store-type " exterior shower curtain. There were lots of wonderful fluffy Pink Towels though.

The glass light fixtures in the room (that worked) had corkscrew style florescent bulbs "hanging out" of them, I found that touch "so Victorian" ! The right bedside lamp had some type of florescent bulb that bathed the area in "bluish" tint that I've never seen before, except in an ultraviolet application.

That fabric-draped ceiling was different, but I couldn't help thinking that if this place caught on fire, with all the old wood. . . . WOOSH~ ~ that fabric (unless it is fireproof and it may well be) would be up in flames in a minute.

The window to the left of the bed housed a small but adequate A/C unit. The window to the right of the bed had single pane windows with peeling paint and what looked to be clear packing tape of some kind all around the window seams.

Bed & Breakfast; See below:

The Bed (mattress) was fabulous, best I have ever slept in. Honestly! The linens were heavenly.

The Breakfast. Where was the wonderful breakfast I so looked forward to. The specially baked pastry? The Eggs Benedict? A fluffy egg dish? Instead, we were treated to sliced fruit in yogurt, sprinkled with granola. A slice of some type (perhaps banana) of cold bread; juice from a container; an egg, a slice of bacon, store bought biscuit (cold); jam. This was too sad, the only redeeming quality was that we ate on the lovely front porch.

You think I'm too picky? For $300 a night I think everything should be exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank apirateslife4me
cedarcrestinn, Manager at Cedar Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Feedback is always appreciated... when it is accurate.

#1) Nowhere on our website does it state that we have a library
#2) We do offer free bottles of water in the room, which if hotels/ BnB's do offer they are not for free (ours are.) I am not sure what hotels they have stayed in previously but these are typically not magically cold, they are at room temperature. As far as ice, there is an ice machine on the main floor. I have yet to see a hotel offer ice machines in room. There are always ice buckets in room and an ice machine on property.
#3) We do not advertise "turn down service"
#4) The comments concerning our bathroom are a matter of opinion, guests always comment on how much they love the bathroom in the Queen Anne.
#5) Concerning the light fixtures... Yes we are trying to be green, as green as possible, and have green bulbs in all fixtures that support them. In a short time florescent bulbs will be all that is available.
#6) The breakfast is a three course breakfast as described. We have NEVER served a single egg with a single slice of bacon. The biscuits are not store bought nor served cold. It is true that we do not serve a gourmet breakfast, nor do we advertise as such. We have chosen to serve breakfast that is accessible to most folks, something that granny would cook you as a child ;)
#7) This can pretty much sum up this entire exaggerated review... The Queen Anne room is at most $255 per night on the weekend and $195 per night on a weekday. They admitted to staying only one night, with our two night minimum weekend stay we can only assume they stayed mid week, which would mean that the cost of the room was at most $195 (a towering $105 difference in the price they stated they paid.) Not to mention the only 1 night stay I had in May in the Queen Anne room came from someone who bargained with us and got the room down to $150 (1/2 the price described in this review!)
#8) This extremist reviewer as you can see from the 6 other reviews has never been satisfied with their stay anywhere! It is a shame that they continue to travel even though it seems to never live up to their standards.

I apologize if this response seems harsh. We try so hard to make sure everyone's stay is as wonderful as they imagined. We also make a strong effort to portray on the website what we do and don't offer. It is saddening to be accused of falsely advertising by someone who is doing exactly that, stating things that are so far from the truth to potential guests. In life it is important to have a good sense of humor, I guess we will have to laugh this one off ;)