“Winter Warmer”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We visited Asheville to celebrate our engagement and our stay at the Inn was perfect. Breakfast was a treat, parking was easy, and the staff was epically accommodating. We stayed in the Serenity Suite on the lower level of the house. It had a private entrance, a fireplace, and a private veranda. Seriously charming. A refrigerator and a sitting room gave us everything we needed to feel at home. We will make this trip again as soon as we can!

Room Tip: If you love the personal touches that come with a good B&B and privacy is important, then the Se...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Nestled within the heart of "the Paris of the South," Cedar Crest Inn sits majestically atop a hill overlooking the historic Biltmore Village. It's one of those places that the romantics, history enthusiasts, artists and writers dream of staying.
Although I live around four and one half hours South of the city of Asheville, NC, I've somehow managed to call Asheville my weekend home averaging approximately 40 trips per year. Regretfully, I must admit that although Cedar Crest Inn has been a fixture in my mind- one of those places that I should one day plan to stay...it has taken me quite some time for both my schedule and the Inn's availability to line up. Should your schedule and their availability line up, I encourage you to take full advantage of such a wonderful opportunity...as it seems that they are quite popular and rightly so.
Cedar Crest Inn's majestic appearance on its exterior and grounds reflects in elegant fashion in the interiors. Being a late 1800's mansion, it boast some of the most exquisite architectural features outside of the Biltmore Estate which is located only a short distance from the Inns front door. As charming and enchanting as the Inn, are the staff which see to your every need and inquiry. From arrival to departure, the Innkeeper is delighted to assist with such things as a call for a town car, local cafe, fine dining and brewery recommendations and even directions or admission to local attractions. Included each morning with your stay, the Inn graciously provides a delightful gourmet yet casual breakfast dining experience, three courses of fresh, delectable ingredients. A smooth blend of Classical Jazz often fills the air greeting guests, as each return from a day of browsing local galleries, shops or perhaps a drive along the Blue Ridge or even a hike to the top pf Mt. Pisgah. By afternoon, a wonderful selection of complimentary teas, coffee and even wine are offered to guests. With charming sitting areas located both indoors and out, Cedar Crest Inn provides the perfect enviroment for both those seeking adventure and those wishing to simply take it easy with nothing more than the BEST of rest and relaxation.
This Spring presented the opportunity of my first stay at Cedar Crest Inn and I am delighted to say that I shall be a returning guest, again and again. There is truly no better place to stay in all of Asheville than Cedar Crest.

Room Tip: Cedar Crest Inn only offers exceptional rooms. Truly. Each room displays each ones very own Victoria...
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Now I know why Cedar Crest Inn is such a popular place!

I visit Asheville on average 30-40 times a year. Over the last year on several occasions I have inquired about availability at Cedar Crest. It happened to be during peak tourism times. There was no availability but instead of quickly ending our call, the innkeeper was so kind and went out of his way to offer suggestions that may be of help to us. Other than the many times we pass by admiring the beautiful estate, I must say that the kindness of the staff over the phone greatly added to our keeping Cedar Crest on out list of places to stay.

On very short notice, the last week of March my grand daughter, my daughter, and I made a reservation at Cedar Crest. We are gallery owners and after a very pressed schedule were looking forward to a time away to rest and relax. It was great to find that the staff just as nice and personable throughout our stay as they were on the phone. We enjoyed taking in the beautiful ascents of the mansion and the feeling at times as though we had leased the whole place although it was a sold out stay. I must say that Cedar Crest is not lacking in exquisite beauty, impeccable cleanliness and exceeded our expectations. Reviewing many Bed and Breakfast we find that they are plush but modern and not kept to the period decor or they are dated..not kept up, and cheaply furnished. Cedar Crest is as beautiful as comfortable and kept to the period it should be.
Not only do I hope to return soon, but I have highly recommended it to all of our gallery friends. Great service, kind staff, wonderful breakfast, coffee, tea, and wine, unbelievably priced!

Room Tip: "Celebration Suite! " worth every bit of the trip to the top!!
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We had a very nice weekend in Asheville and found Drew, the proprietor, to be very personable. Unfortunately, the breakfast with the lodging fell far short of expectations. Better service, some choices and including butter and jam would bring it up to standards for a B&B. More importantly, despite having written in advance for a gluten free meal and then discussed it upon arrival, Drew seemed to have forgotten it for the first breakfast. On the second day he claimed the breakfast was gluten free--although painfully, it turned out that was not the case. If you want a nice place to stay but you don't eat breakfast then you probably will enjoy the Cedar Crest Inn.

2  Thank valledelaluna
cedarcrestinn, Owner at Cedar Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

This review is preposterous!

Lets address each issue and tell the truth, that is what Tripadvisor is for, isn't it?

Butter and Jam - Yes and yes we serve both. Why we are being accused of not doing so blows my mind.
Gluten Free - Let's not say I forgot as you were served a gluten free breakfast. Course 1- Fruit Salad (Gluten Free.) Course 2 - Gluten Free toast (Gluten Free.) Course 3 - Broccoli Frittata (Gluten Free!)
Now onto being accused of serving breakfast on the second day that was not Gluten Free. We did a cinnamon raisin strata. We cooked hers separately with gluten free cinnamon raisin bread. The bread we use is of the highest quality and the best know 100% gluten free bread. I emailed her a picture of the bread afterwards. I had another guest that day who suffered from celiacs disease and he ate the same exact dish and noted how wonderful it was. He is still staying here today and I asked if he had any discomfort after eating it and he laughed and said no as he was familiar with the bread we used.

Side notes -
1) I had two separate sets of guests that commented to me that they received dirty looks from the reviewer and asked what her issue was.
2) Every plate I dropped off to this guest I got a sigh and a "is this it?!?!" I would always ask if there is something else I could get her and was promptly told NO. How do you please those that have disgust for everything around them? You simply can't and don't
3) I sent them to two great restaurants that receive consistent high marks like ourselves. When I followed up with them the one always responded how delightful it was while the other (the reviewer) simply sighed and said ehh it was alright.

As tough as it is to not take things like this personal I will write this one off as you can't please those that are simply never satisfied with life. There is literally nothing short of serving her no breakfast at all that we could have done to satisfy her. I have never struggled so hard in my life to remain pleasant and personable. I can get along with anyone as many of you know that have stayed here before, this weekend I have found my match ;)

Potential guests with dietary restrictions please note the numerous 5 star reviews below (some of which had restrictions) and understand that this was a case of false perception not what we actually do here. Thank you

Reviewed 31 March 2013

My wife and I visited Cedar Crest Inn for the first time in January, 2013. If you like a very historical inn , a very clean inn, very friendly hospitality, and an all around great stay, then Cedar Crest Inn is the place for you. Another great feature is it's location at Biltmore Village. We liked it so much that we are returning in May with friends from Carmel, Indiana.
A B&B and history lover!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I visited Cedar Crest Inn with my two sisters and mother for a girls getaway before my sister got married. We stayed in the separate house and loved having the extra space to hang out and watch t.v. From the moment we arrived, Drew made us feel so welcomed. We actually arrived much later than we expected but that was no problem at all. He showed us to our rooms and offered complimentary wine. He made sure the temperature was comfortable and chatted with us awhile about places to visit while we were there. From shopping, to eating, to going out for a good time, Drew knew it all! He even made the arrangements for car service to pick us up and made reservations for us downtown. The breakfast both mornings were divine, and the big house was so cozy and warm. We are already planning a trip back, and we will definitely STAY THERE AGAIN!!! I was in charge of planning this girls weekend and so happy I came across the Cedar Crest Inn when looking for a place to stay. My mom and sisters were thrilled about Cedar Crest Inn, so THANKS FOR THE BEST GIRLS WEEKEND EVER!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My daughter and I had a great three-night stay at the Cedar Crest Inn. It's beautiful and restful and comfortable. The woodwork and furniture and ambiance in general are really special.

Despite really cold weather, the house was warm and cozy inside. We stayed in the room on the first floor with the private entrance, two bathrooms, and two beds. The rooms are small but they have everything you need.

The breakfasts all were delicious, interesting, well-prepared food. There are three courses: fruit, muffin, then the main dish (eggs or pancakes, sausage or bacon, potatoes). The service is gracious and relaxing. They also have 4 kinds of juices, plus coffee and tea.

At night we played games at a table in the beautiful dining room. The manager said sure, clear away the dishes and play wherever we wanted. It looked formal but the experience was homey.

We found the house amazingly quiet. We didn't hear one voice or squeaky floor or banging door. There were many other guests in the house (we saw them at breakfast) so we know we weren't alone. The house is near a medical center and some reviewers had commented on hearing helicopters coming in or ambulances. I am a light sleeper and I have to say I never heard a thing. The house is near the main road but it's up a hill, It was cold, so we couldn't sit on the porch. Maybe the road noise is more of an issue in the warmer months.

The manager helped us get discount tickets to the Biltmore and gave us directions and restaurant recommendations. He was always helpful and never seemed to be in a rush.

The house has lots of easy, off-street parking and a back way to get out to the main road.

I definitely would stay here again. I picked this property because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor, and I am glad I did.

Room Tip: The first-floor room was great for us-- no stairs to climb, more private than upstairs, and easier t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family