“Still wonderful!”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Houston, Texas
“Still wonderful!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here about 20 years ago and always remembered the time we spent in this beautiful old mansion. Business called unexpectedly and I was lucky enough to land a room, all of Asheville is sold out. Soft, comfy bed after hot soak in claw foot tub. Quiet as can be and just what I needed. So many times,places like these start to show wear and tear. The inn keepers continue to care for this treasured spot. If you want to experience the luxury of a bygone era, I highly recommend a visit here.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Divine appreciation for the Victorian Home with rich craftsmanship. My fiance and I stayed here while on vacation. It was beyond expectations, and the staff was friendly and personable. Cedar Crest Inn delivered the much needed tranquil vacation I was looking for in my escape from the city. The room was marvelous, and I was a true fan of the fireplace in the mornings. The bathroom is very small, but we certainly didn't mind. My fiance is rather tall, so the shower was a bit of a challenge, but we actually enjoyed the simpleness. The breakfast every morning was very good and I have stayed at many 5 star resorts and I favored the course of this B&B more. I just had such a splendid time and will defiantly without hesitation stay here again. Plan to return for a Christmas trip to Biltmore Estates.

Room Tip: The William Breese was very intimate
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My fiancee and I were in desperate need of some serious R&R and couldn't have found a better place. The Victorian house is beautiful and very well furnished, we stayed in the more modern Stables suite which was extremely spacious and clean. The staff is extremely courteous and are eager to please and go the extra mile. I highly recommend the Cedar Crest to anyone who is staying in the Asheville area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I stayed with another couple in December in the Carriage House. We enjoyed it so much I returned with 5 friends for a girls weekend. We stayed in Cabin #1 and #2. Again everything was wonderful. The cottages, though different, were both very comfortable and spotless. The staff is very friendly and this time I had the opportunity to meet Drew who went out of his way to show us around the property. The complimentary desserts, wine and tea during the afternoon and evening are wonderful touches. The breakfasts were also very good. They truly make you feel like it is your home away from home.Sitting on the huge porch at the main house, or on the cabin's porch with a glass of wine or delicious chocolate chip cookie after a day of sightseeing or shopping was so enjoyable. Thank you Sabrina, Leta and Drew for another wonderful stay. I highly recommend staying at Cedar Crest Inn when you visit Asheville. I know that we will!.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jshell
Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This place is absolutely beautiful and within walking distance to the Biltmore Village. It has a huge wraparound porch with lots of seating. They offer complimentary snacks, wine, and tea throughout the day. Staff is friendly. I highly recommend staying here...if you don't care about good coffee and the breakfast. My husband and I were thrilled with our stay here up until breakfast. We would return if they started serving local coffee and if they put more thought into the breakfast; such as choosing local, fresh foods or at least "classing up" the courses. We only had one breakfast here, so maybe it was just an off day, but we quite disappointed with the pillsbury croissant, dry breakfast potatoes, and the sausage and egg biscuit that I could have gotten down the street at McDonalds. When you are paying extra for a bed AND BREAKFAST experience, typically the breakfast should be amazing too!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank US_vagabond
new york
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Cedar Crest B & B is located one mile north of the Biltmore Estate and one mile south of downtown Asheville. Convenient for almost anything! It is a well restored Victorian mansion with comfortable rooms. And the three course breakfast is ample. I stayed here 4 nights.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank wellwell
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed at this B&B for 3 nights last weekend and were quite pleased with the whole experience. Their web site is correct in saying that the owners don't push themselves on you. In fact we never saw them. The staff were super helpful, congenial and competent, however. Cannot say enough about that feature of the place.The way the breakfasts are set up you really don't have to interact with other guests either. The wraparound porch was wonderful for breakfast and for afternoon libations. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our shower in Breese room was small. The shower in our traveling companions' room was large. If...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple