“Even better the second time around”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #31 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 2 September 2009

After staying in February, we thought a July 4th trip was in order for our summer vacation. We decided to stay in the the Carriage house this time instead of the mansion. It was so nice being able to walk out on the deck with the flowers, but even more exciting was the sitting area in the main part of the house. We also enjoyed being able to use the kitchen to fix some hot tea. It's also only a few steps away to the mansion for some delicious sweet treats!

This was a great way for us to celebrate our 3 year anniversary

We were able to take the trolley ride around Asheville, which we found very enjoyable.

We enjoyed this visit even better than our first and recommend it highly to anyone wanting an enjoyable, relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twoguysNC

Reviewed 27 August 2009

I totally enjoyed myself. Traveled solo to see Biltmore Estate and came across Cedar Crest Inn. The staff made me feel right at home.....even prepared a special French Toast Breakfast for me. Loved my room. Brought back memories of visiting my Grandmother. Beautiful grounds with lots of flowers and a great location. 1/2 mile to Biltmore and 1 mile to the town of Asheville. I have already booked to return in 10 weeks to see the changing of the leaves. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank condoqueenFlorida
Reviewed 22 May 2009

My companion and I (I'm 64 and she is 60) wanted to visit the Biltmore Estate at Christmas time so we booked 3 nights at the Cedar Crest. I picked it out from looking at reviews in Fodor's and Frommer's. I have stayed in numerous B&Bs , mostly on the high end. The Cedar Crest would fall in the upper end of my ratings. Let's get the negative out first. The room was cool/cold. I suspect that the thermostat was defective. We should have complained, but we didn't. Why? Because the room had a wonderful gas fireplace and so when we woke up and found the room cold we simply turned on the fireplace. It was both warming and romantic. Second negative. The bathroom had a claw tub with a sorta shower. Not exactly what we wanted in winter. But, exactly what we should have expected in a historic B&B.

My point. This is a historic B&B. It is beautiful. We actually spent an hour or so just looking at the various rooms and the woodwork. I shouldn't admit it, but we took a look in a number of rooms that seemed to be empty because the whole place was so fascinating. This is one beautiful house. The breakfast was more than acceptable. Parking was perfect, Location also, was perfect, just a mile or so from the Biltmore Village (I think that is the name).

If you want a historic setting that is close to the tourist areas and that is well maintained and well run then try the Cedar Crest.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2009

The Inn not only has beautiful rooms in a historic setting, but also the owners and staff are friendly, helpful and create a delightfully welcoming atmosphere. We were lucky enough to be there when a special evening meal was served and the food was incredible. I understand they are contemplating a restaurant and anticipate rave reviews upon opening because the chef is superb.

If you want to take a trip back in time, experience the craftsmanship of Biltmore artisans and eat delicious food near a warm fireplace, this is the place to stay. And if you like antiques, be sure to ask where the locals go - they know!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debsbusybee
Reviewed 9 March 2009

My daughter wanted a beautiful bed & breakfast location for her wedding and she couldn't have chosen a better place. This wonderful Victorian home was so beautiful from the parlor to the guests room. We had rented all but one of the rooms in the main house from Thursday to Sunday and Jeff greated each guest. He made sure everyone was comfortable and had everything we needed. Bruce, Jeff and the staff got to know each person and anything we needed was quickly accomodated.

The event planner, Randy, was great to work with and he made sure my daughter's day was special without any incidents. The food for our guests was excellent and the service was wonderful. Since we didn't live in the area, we wanted to find a place that could handle everything on site and this place was perfect.

I would highly recommend the Cedar Crest Inn if you want to have a small romantic wedding with about 35 guests. You would have wonderful memories to last a lifetime!

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank BridesMomRaleigh
Reviewed 7 November 2008

The Inn is an exceptionally beautiful house filled with antique furniture and art. It’s located close to the Biltmore Estate and not too far from the downtown, but you’ll still need a car to go anywhere. Our room was quite comfortable, but the bathroom even though pretty, was not updated with the modern shower or bath and the old-fashioned bath could be unsafe and easy to slip. The breakfast was tasty and plentiful and the owners are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2008

My wife and I spent a wonderful two days at this bed and breakfast inn. The house is a beautifully restored home that was built during the same time the Biltmore was. The guys operating this place are very nice and accommodating. My wife asked for them to bake a pumpkin pie for me for my birthday and it was delicious. We highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple