“This B&B exceeded my greatest expectations!”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Sebastian, Florida
“This B&B exceeded my greatest expectations!”
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I don't even know where to begin....my husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in the Serenity Suite 5/25/10 - 5/28/10. If you are looking for a beautiful, serene, secluded place to recharge your batteries, then this is the place for you. It was a mid-week stay so we were able to go into many of the upstairs rooms to have a peek. They were all gorgeous although I was so happy that I had chosen the Serenity Suite for our stay. We had a charming bedroom with a king sized bed, a comfortable sitting room, a very large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and our own private veranda where we spent most of our time to be honest. It was just so peaceful and tranquil out there! You really do feel as though you have stepped back in time from the minute you drive up the hill on the winding driveway. You get a glimpse of this beautiful old house from the road and when it comes into full view....it is just breathtaking. The service, the staff and the accomodations are all 5 star. The food was excellent...freshly prepared , nicely presented and very flavorful. I loved that the staff kept popping out to make sure everything was wonderful for us! They have unique way of being there for you whenever you need something without making you feel like they were hovering. It's as if they magically appearred when you needed a little snack or advice about where to go in town. I have to say, I got tears in my eyes when we first arrived because of the beauty of this old house and I really cried when we left. I was saying goodbye to the staff and was just a little overcome with the wonderfulness of it all. I researched every bed and breakfast in Asheville before deciding on the Cedar Crest Inn and I am so happy that I made the right choice. We took a "hop on / hop off" trolly tour around Asheville (would highly recommend this especially for first timers) and I got to see in person, many of the bed and breakfasts that I researched online. Every single time I saw an another inn, I said to myself "oh yes...we picked the right one". They are all beautiful and special in their own way, but there is something magical about the Cedar Crest. I think the innkeepers, Drew and the rest of the staff have a lot to do with creating that magic. We can't wait to go back!

3 Thank Kayte11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Sycamore, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful visit at the Cedar Crest Inn! We were welcomed like old friends by Drew and staff. The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated and the customer service was above and beyond. Breakfast was delicious and the grounds were gorgeous. We can't wait to come visit again. I highly recomend this place to anyone looking for a nice unique getaway experience with lots of character. Ask for Drew he's the best!

2 Thank owen16
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Our trip to host and celebrate our daughters wedding could not have gone better or without the chaos associated with such an event without Drew and the staff at the Cedar Crest Inn B&B. To say they treated us as family is an understatement. From the fabulous breakfast to our very own "snack time" every need,whim, or fancy was answered with a smile and 'is there anything else we can do for you" statement. We reserved the Carriage House for our visit and as you can imagine with 8-10 people using the facilities there was quite the disarray to the rooms when we left ea. day. But, upon our return you would find everthing completely cleaned,swept and fresh flowers back out on the tables. Even our late nite forays up to the main house were met with continuted good grace and there was the "little something" left out for our party. What a great experience.What a great place to stay. And what great staff. Thanks to all of you! we will be back soon just to relax and enjoy the porch.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank vcrisci
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2010

If you really want to experience Asheville this B&B is the place to do it! Asheville and the Biltmore area have so much to offer and staying at this Inn was the icing on the cake. Not only is it nestled in the perfect location it but has everything you could ask for! The staff was very friendly and accommodating, rooms and cottages were picture perfect, and the homemade 3 course breakfast was die for. I cannot say enough good things about this charming Inn. If you get a chance to come to Asheville you will not regret staying at Cedar Crest. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank McKenzieLeigh
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2010

Planned a trip to the Biltmore Estate with my mom and wife for an early mothers day and didnt want to stay in a hotel due to the cost of getting two rooms for 3 adults. Contacted the inn keeper (I believe his name is Drew Hepburn and he took off the inn about 2 months ago) and made arrangements to stay in the Carriage House Suite (Room #3) upstairs 2 bedroom suite. Even though the inn was hosting a wedding at the main house this Saturday Drew went out of his way to make sure we had access to everything we needed, brought us a complimentary bottle of Biltmore Merlot, lemon cake and even introduced us to the resident cats (Phanton and ?). The Carriage House was very spacious, homey, and quiet with plenty of room. The house had a deck with a gazebo up top and another covered deck below. We didnt see the two couples in the lower two bedrooms until the next day at departure.

My mom was in awe of the place and loved the breakfast and relaxing atmosphere vs. that of the normal hotel for about the same price. She inquired about the Christmas rates and is planning on taking her children and all her grandchildren back for a 4 day weekend.

Drew outline a lot his thoughts on improvements as he begins to put his personal touch on the pink lady and I am confident they will all be positive. We had a great time and will return.

Thanks again Drew for your hospitality and attention to detail to make everything perfect for an early Mothers Day weekend for my mom and wife.

2 Thank RatPackFan1
Lawrenceburg, TN
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My husband and I enjoyed a weekend retreat with our son and his wife at the Cedar Crest Inn. The reception was wonderful, and my son put it best when he remarked, "I realized I was on vacation when Drew poured me a glass of wine and I set out on the veranda enjoying the calm of the evening." We also enjoyed the ambiance of the Inn and the location could not have been better. The Inn was centrally located and convenient to the wonderful sites that Asheville has to offer.

Thanks to Drew for making our stay a memorable one. He was a kind and gracious host who would have bent over backwards to make us comfortable...We hope to be back very soon!

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TheWrights47
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2010

We returned to the Cedar Crest 18 years after our first stay there on our honeymoon. The facility remained the elegant Victorian Home with an incredibly personable innkeeper and staff. The rooms were immaculate and period-authentic (but with private baths, electricity, and A/C) and the service top-drawer. Each morning brought variety in the breakfasts with healthy, modern, and appropriately tasty foods.

If you can't tell from my writing so far, this was a fabulous weekend. From the mornings and evenings on the large porch, to the incredibly quiet rooms - we had a marvelous time.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple