At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$254
  • Restaurant
US$99
Country Inn
US$201
US$178
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
US$134
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$349
US$314
Official Site
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
Renaissance Hotels
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$276
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewspatti and garygarden vistasunshine roomlion's denb bvictorian parlorjacuzzi tubother gueststhree coursesgracious hostseach morningfront porchbreakfast was amazinglovely homehistoric districta wonderful staygreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2007

My husband and I needed a getaway and chose Asheville. Online the Cumberland Falls Inn looked cozy and perfect. It had been a very stressful year and we needed peace and quiet. I spoke with Patti by phone and immediately knew we had chosen wisely. I didn't even bother researching Asheville because I could tell that Patti, Gary and Heather would help guide our plans. The Inn was beautiful. Very homey and so clean you could eat off of the bathroom floors. The breakfasts were scrumptious. They make a baked egg dish that is to die for. We loved our room, the Natural Mystic. The jacuzzi was just what we needed. We were supposed to stay for 8 nights but, sadly, our stay was cut short after 4 days due to an emergency back home. I was a complete wreck due to this turn of events, but the way we were treated at CF's really helped in an otherwise painful situation. The morning that we had to leave, Gary gave me a huge hug (making me cry even more) and he handed us bagged lunches for our trip home. I get choked up just thinking about it. I wish we could have stayed longer but the days we had there were ideal. Heather/Patti... I'm sorry we didn't get to say goodbye.

Reviewed 13 October 2007

What a wonderful romantic get away from the real world.

Reviewed 9 October 2007

A bit of a schlep from downtown Asheville (okay, not much more than a fifteen-minute walk), but a great place to come back to at the end of each day. Well worth investigating if you're in the area, with a super-nice and helpful staff, wireless internet that always worked (not always the case at B&Bs, we've discovered), and big rooms. A much more relaxing and restful option than a traditional hotel/motel.

Reviewed 8 October 2007

We stayed at Cumberland Falls Inn as a celebration of our 2nd anniversary and it was wonderful. Patti and Gary were such fantastic hosts and it felt like we had known them forever. They spent as much time as we needed answering questions about the area and giving us great recommendations on dining out. Our room was clean and quiet and had all of the amenities that we needed - couldn't ask for anything more! The Inn was in a safe area of town and very convenient to downtown Asheville. Let me say that the breakfast that Gary cooked was the best I've ever had - 3 courses - blueberry muffin, baked peach with raspberry sauce and cinnamon whipped cream, and pancakes with orange zest and seasoned bacon. I ate EVERY bite! Patti also had some homemade peach pie the night before as a snack that was to die for - they should open a restaurant too!
All in all it was a great place to stay and we are looking forward to returning on our next trip to Asheville - it will be like visiting family.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2007

My husband and I stayed in the Lions Den for 3 nights in Oct. 2007. The room was plush, luxurious and spotless. Upon check-in, a tray of delicious homemade baked goodies were waiting for us by the front door. Each afternoon, the baked goods were changed out, and each one was better than the one before. Patti's chocolate cookies are fabulous! There are dishes of chocolates throughout the house, and a generous selection of hot and cold beverages were always available.

Our queen bed was very comfortable and the linens on the bed were incredible! I felt very pampered! I was not really able to unpack, as the only storage in the room was an armoire in the bathroom. I really needed a small dresser (although there was a small amount of shelving space in the night stand). The bathroom was nice, with a small vanity sink, and a beautiful, old-fashioned claw foot tub. The basic toiletries were provided, but storage was minimal. Robes were provided, which is a nice touch.

The grounds are serene and very well maintained. The koi pond out back is just beautiful. The inn is located on a quiet, residential street, that is a 5 minute drive to downtown Asheville.

Gary was incredibly helpful with restaurant suggestions, hiking suggestions, and mapping out directions for us. Even though he does not live on the property, we never had any problem getting in touch with him, and we always felt well cared for.

Breakfast was simple and elegant. Always a delicious homemade muffin, some fruit and a "main" dish. We never left hungry, and we never left uncomfortably full.

I am completely comfortable recommending Cumberland Falls to anyone visitng the Asheville area for a long weekend/short getaway.

1  Thank Gwenn W