“Our first experience of an American B&B”

At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #19 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Unfortunately, we only managed to stay one night at this wonderful B&B. We were unsure what to expect but from the moment we arrived Patti & Gary couldn't have made us more welcome.
We had wonderful homemade chocolate cake and tea on the porch when we arrived and our room had an excellent view over the garden.
Breakfast was something else !!! We didn't have to eat again until the evening.

We hope to return in the future and will definately stay for longer.

Room Tip: All the rooms were individual and were excellent.
1  Thank Calvin C
There are newer reviews for At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn

Reviewed 27 August 2012

A beautiful wedding in a lovely garden setting. That was our daughter's dream for her special day. At Cumberland Falls B&B, her dreams came true! The Inn and surrounding gardens are spectacular, from the little bridge over the waterfall, to the Koi pond and fountain leading down a garden path to a wisteria laden arbor. Lush, serene, natural beauty abounds.
The Inn is a beautiful, three story, turn-of-the-century home with gorgeous views and comfy beds in each room. The delicious, gourmet breakfast and fresh, home baked muffins are wonderful. But most of all, our hosts, Gary and Patti, made the difference! They went above and beyond for each guest, making the bride, groom and both sets of families feel welcome, pampered, and at home. We absolutely love this place and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: All rooms on the second floor have king sized beds and great views of the gardens. The third floor...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I had my small wedding ceremony in the back garden At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast and will never forget what a wonderful experience it was. My family rented the entire inn so the owners had a full house. They handled it beautifully with excellent service from every staff member. The house and grounds are of course beautiful - but what stood out the most was how welcoming everybody was. Breakfast was always delicious and the rooms and grounds always clean and inviting - the entire staff truly goes above and beyond. If you are looking for a place to call home while visiting Asheville you have certainly found it in here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Catie S
Reviewed 22 August 2012

An absolutely lovely home. Located in a quaint neighborhood an easy stroll to downtown Asheville, Cumberland Falls B & B is a beautifully appointed, meticulously maintained inn situated on charmingly landscaped grounds. The hosts, Patti & Gary, are hospitable to a fault. The breakfast, tea and other snacks are delicious and plentiful. The common areas are very comfortable and relaxing. All in all, Cumberland Falls has the feel and comforts of home, but the solace and solitude of a resort. The perfect setting for our spontaneous anniversary getaway weekend. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We visited At Cumberland Falls Bed & Breakfast for a weekend getaway to celebrate our first anniversary. It took only my mentioning that on the phone with Patti for her to email me restaurant suggestions and places we could rent bikes (something I mentioned we wanted to do) and for us to find a lovely card wishing us well upon our arrival. Innkeepers Patti and Gary were truly a delight, gracious when we needed anything and even when we spilled hot tea on a lovely tablecloth. The home is comfortable, well appointed and immaculately clean. And being just off the main drag in the Montford area, it was convenient to downtown but without the traffic that courses along Montford Avenue. We would certainly recommend this inn to anyone visiting Asheville.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

From the moment I hung up the phone with Gary I knew my vacation was in good hands. The Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn is one of the most delightful homes in which I've stayed. Gary and Patti's home is absolutely lovely with it's beautiful decor and amazing woodwork in the living room. You've got see it! Honestly, they've left no stone unturned...I resided in the Sunshine Room which I found to be light and cozy. Turkish cotton towels, a hot jacuzzi bath tub, and a carafe with filtered drinking water-why they have even have make up removal pads in the bathroom. (Now, that's anticipating my every need!)

The breakfasts were unbelievably delicious! I am trying to decide which was my favorite: the German egg with julienne potatoes or the toasted almond slivered french toast with country sausage patties. Yummy! Indeed, as all other reviews have stated, the breakfasts are very filling and the presentation makes it even more special. Can't say I've had breakfast with candlelight before;) I think I'll have to go on back to Cumberland Falls for southern hospitality at its finest!

So, if you're looking for a B&B where the proprietors are gracious and most solicitious of you, where the breakfasts can only be described as scrumptious elegance, and the accomodations are clean, comforting, and beautiful...Emphatically and unequivocally, I recommend you give Gary and Patti a call. You'll be so glad you did!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mcf71
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cumberland Falls for 3 nights. I had wanted the Garden room with the wonderful view of the back gardens, but as it was unavailable for the full 3 nights, we decided to start in the Mystic room and our hosts moved us the following day. Honestly, the Mystic room was so comfortable, we could have stayed there the whole time, but it was fun to try out the Garden Room as well! Both rooms are tasteful and comfortably appointed, with every need addressed. Breakfasts were a feast of 3 courses--be prepared to skip lunch! Gary and Patti are charming and professional hosts, extremely helpful in guiding our sight seeing and dinner plans. One of the great pleasures was meeting the interesting people who were also guests, and sharing our discoveries of the Asheville area. Loved the location, too.

Room Tip: The desk in the Garden room is handy. The bathroom in the Mystic room is over-the-top luxurious!
1  Thank Claire T