My wife and I stayed at Cumberland Falls for our second wedding anniversary this spring. We had an excellent time and really enjoyed staying at the Inn. Gary and Patti were so nice and welcoming the entire time we were there. They definitely think of everything to make the stay enjoyable.
We stayed in the Garden Vista room, and loved it. The room has two huge windows that open and overlook the garden in the back of the Inn. It was spacious and very comfortable.
The gourmet breakfasts were simply amazing! Each morning we had a muffin, followed by some kind of baked fruit dish (glazed apples, or pineapple for example), followed by the main breakfast entree. It was always plenty of food and absolutely delicious. We also really enjoyed the morning conversations with the other guests at the Inn. There seemed to be a really good mix of young and older couples staying at the Inn.
Each evening, Gary would put out some kind of dessert treat or something special. The evening we arrived they had a great wine and cheese spread out in the dining area for all the guests. They brought chocolate-covered strawberries to our room for our anniversary as well - really something to treasure!
We greatly enjoyed Asheville and the surrounding area. We had fun trips to Chimney Rock park, the Biltmore Estate, and downtown Asheville. The Inn was close enough to downtown for us to walk, which was really nice. The restaurants Salsa and the Laughing Seed Cafe - a vegetarian place, were excellent.
I wouldn't be surprised if we return to Asheville and Cumberland Falls sometime in the near future. We've been to a number of "top-notch" B&Bs and Inns, and Cumberland Falls is right at the top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn; a National Registry home in the Montford historic district. Waterfall and garden retreat within walking distance of downtown Asheville and 3 miles to Biltmore Estate. Every detail perfect, unparalleled service, candlelit gourmet breakfast, fresh flowers, home baked treats and "at day's end", you in snuggly robes curled up in front of a fireplace after a relaxing Jacuzzi. Free on site WIFI, cable and Flatscreen Television in most rooms. Life is good At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Cumberland Falls b&b Inn
- At Cumberland Falls Hotel Asheville