“A Most Excellent Inn!”

At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #12 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
“A Most Excellent Inn!”
Reviewed 15 June 2006

My wife and I stayed at Cumberland Falls for our second wedding anniversary this spring. We had an excellent time and really enjoyed staying at the Inn. Gary and Patti were so nice and welcoming the entire time we were there. They definitely think of everything to make the stay enjoyable.

We stayed in the Garden Vista room, and loved it. The room has two huge windows that open and overlook the garden in the back of the Inn. It was spacious and very comfortable.

The gourmet breakfasts were simply amazing! Each morning we had a muffin, followed by some kind of baked fruit dish (glazed apples, or pineapple for example), followed by the main breakfast entree. It was always plenty of food and absolutely delicious. We also really enjoyed the morning conversations with the other guests at the Inn. There seemed to be a really good mix of young and older couples staying at the Inn.

Each evening, Gary would put out some kind of dessert treat or something special. The evening we arrived they had a great wine and cheese spread out in the dining area for all the guests. They brought chocolate-covered strawberries to our room for our anniversary as well - really something to treasure!

We greatly enjoyed Asheville and the surrounding area. We had fun trips to Chimney Rock park, the Biltmore Estate, and downtown Asheville. The Inn was close enough to downtown for us to walk, which was really nice. The restaurants Salsa and the Laughing Seed Cafe - a vegetarian place, were excellent.

I wouldn't be surprised if we return to Asheville and Cumberland Falls sometime in the near future. We've been to a number of "top-notch" B&Bs and Inns, and Cumberland Falls is right at the top.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Reviewed 8 June 2006

The Innkeeper was unwiling to even let us come and see the place and tried to shove us away from doing business with her at every moment......TERRIBLE!

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Innkeeper/Owner at At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2006
It was with such disappointment that I viewed this comment. I was contacted in an e-mail by a young woman researching the possibility of having her wedding at our bed and breakfast. On occasion, we do small ceremonies at our inn.

Unfortunately, as our correspondence by e-mail continued, it was clear that the guest numbers involved in this particular ceremony were in excess of what we can successfully accommodate here At Cumberland FallsBed and Breakfast.

Though I was unable to host her ceremony here, I still wanted to help her and felt that I did so by recommending several other larger locations in our area.

In our initial e-mails, a major point of interest appeared to be my gardens. In my recommendations, I made sure to include places that also had lovely gardens so that her vision of the ceremony could be preserved.

Those in the Bed and Breakfast community are also in business. It is not a good business decision to promote an event at our inn, which by the very numbers involved is over usage of our property.
Further, as we are in a neighborhood environment, we do all in our power to exist in mutual respect with our neighbors by turning down large gatherings of any type.

It was with this same respect that I selected the locations I recommended in an effort to nicely accommodate this need. It seems very unfortunate that my efforts were viewed as inhospitable.

To offer someone assistance, advice, as well as time, with no compensation expected would not be my definition of inhospitable.

Nashville, TN
Reviewed 27 May 2006

Cumberland Falls was the best Bed and Breakfast we have stayed at. The food was terrific, and the room was super relaxing. The three course breakfast started out with a pastry course, followed by a fruit course, then the main course. We stayed there 3 nights and every breakfast was absolutely incredible.

The location of Cumberland Falls was also very convenient. We were only 3 minutes from downtown restaurants and shops, and about 10 minutes from the entrance of the Biltmore.

Also, the gardens on the grounds are simply beautiful. I wish we had more time to enjoy them.

Stayed May 2006
Wake Forest, NC
Reviewed 8 May 2006

This was my first time to a Bed & Breakfast and I am SOLD. The home and the grounds were magnificant! The staff was wonderful and a real pleasure. They did everything in their power to make sure we had the best weekend by arranging all our attractions and dinnners. Throughout the home there are little treats to munch on and the breakfast was AMAZING. We also had a chance to mingle with the other guests which was nice. It truly felt like a home away from home. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for outstanding accomodations and service. Thank you so much Cumberland for a weekend we will always remember. We look forward to returning one day soon.

• Stayed May 2006
Reviewed 28 March 2006

We had an absolutely wonderful two night getaway at the Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast. The rooms were beautiful, and the breakfasts were something I could really get used to. The hospitality is top notch - they would do anything to make your stay a better one. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed March 2006