“Wonderful Experience”

The Reynolds Mansion
Ranked #3 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We have been wanting to visit Asheville for years and finally made the trip this June for our 35th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the carriage house suite, All That Jazz, which was large and comfortable and looks over the main house and gardens from it's own lovely porch area. Billy greeted us with a gift for our anniversary (so sweet) and his terrific list of restaurants. Our advice is, "always listen to Billy". He wants you to have a wonderful time in Asheville and at his inn. We were there midweek, so it was probably a bit more quiet but we met lovely people at the inn. The house itself has a terrific history and it is well worth learning. The breakfasts are lovingly prepared and insure you won't each much lunch. What can we say...we so enjoyed our stay and I know we will return because Billy is our new best friend. Also fell in love with Scarlett and Rhett - the bulldogs and look forward to seeing more of Michael. And Asheville has so much to commend it...The Biltmore Estate, the town, great restaurants, mountains...go, have fun.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlwaysNYer

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I am a big sister with Big Brother Big Sister's of Atlanta and I promised my lil' that I would take her anywhere 5 hours of Atlanta if she mad all A's. And she did - the 3rd year to do so.

She picked Asheville and I picked The Reynolds Mansion based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I needed a two bedroom, full kitchen and pool. I got all of this and more at the Reynolds Mansion. We stayed the the Rhett house - a very cute two bedroom right on the pool.

The trip was perfect, great location, great history and fun for a 13 year old as well as a 33 year old.

I would definitely highly recommend this B&B. I am even sending my parents there for their 40th anniversary.

Room Tip: They really are all good. But the Rhett House is separate from the rest, so it gives a little more...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MAGIMOO
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My husband and I have returned to visit several times since I wrote my last review. It has become our "special" place! Yes, the reviews you read are all true! But most importantly, you will leave knowing you will return! We have met some wonderful guests from all over the world.
The pool was open on our last visit what a way to relax by soaking in the sun and enjoying the beauty of the mountains! Billy and Mike do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable! We have now stayed in 5 different rooms. All are wonderful! Breakfast is out of this world! If you plan on traveling to Asheville you will love your stay at the Reynolds Mansion. We do! We already plan to return in July!

3  Thank bgood3
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I checked out of the Reynolds Mansion today and we did not want to leave! If we could give it 6 stars we would! From the warm welcome and fun conversations with Billy (the owner) to the interesting history of the home to the superb breakfast prepared daily by Billy to the beautiful antiques and decor throughout the house, there simply is nothing else like it. Billy wants every guest to have a wonderful and memorable experience - he has more than exceeded that for us! Billy is truly gifted in his passion for innkeeping and gracious hospitality. You will enjoy his stories and please take his advice on all things local including restaurants. We can't wait to come back and bring friend's and family with us. We are excited to share our photos and our unique experience at Reynolds Mansion with everyone!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank CJM525
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Staying at the Reynolds Mansion was as good as any 5star Hotel that we have ever stayed, including the Biltmore Estates Hotel in Asheville. The room "All that Jazz" was meticulous in its decor and amenities. The Innkeepers are gracious, outgoing and very accommodating. The breakfasts, served in the elegant dining room, were delicious and lovingly prepared by Billy, one of the innkeepers, who also reigns over the charming gardens as well. There is also a beautiful pool that sits behind the house too. The main house is so beautiful with huge porches, good for watching sunrises and sunsets over the Blue Ridge Mountains. If we have the opportunity we would go back in a heartbeat. It is also good to note that Asheville is a exciting town to explore. Art Museums and gallery's, good shopping, great restaurants and friendly people. There are many other "things" to do as well and the Innkeepers at the Reynolds will help you. Make sure you take the Trolley ride throughout the town and into the backroads and hills, it was wonderful.

Room Tip: "Talk with the Innkeeper" to decide what is best for you.
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Where to begin! My husband and I finished off a wonderful holiday with an unforgetable stay at the Reynolds mansion. I must agree with all the fantastic reviews that have already been written about this wonderful inn. Billy and Mike make you feel so welcome, and breakfasts were something else - wonderful meals helped along with Billy's unique storytelling skills.
We have stayed in some fantastic inns in our travels, but this one surpasses any other we have stayed at. Unfortunately we live in the UK, so won't be able to visit again in the near future. Thanks Billy and Mike for a wonderful stay.

Helen Whitaker

1  Thank helenNorthumberland
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Mike and Billy made our 25th wedding anniversary something special. The room was great they even left some extras in the room for us. We would definitely visit this mansion again.
Bobby and Kelle Teeter