“Every detail attended to” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Reynolds Mansion

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Reynolds Mansion
Ranked #2 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
Snohomish, Washington
“Every detail attended to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

My friend and I just enjoyed a girls' getaway to this amazing B & B. From the time we were greeted by the most gracious innkeeper, Billy, it was evident that no detail was left unattended. The home is incrediblly beautiful, meticulously restored, and is impecabbly maintained. The guest kitchen full of cold drinks and wine, full spread of home-baked goods, 24 hour coffee and tea service, refreshing pool, and scenic wrap-around porches only improved the stay. Our room was quite comfortable, lovely, and incrediblly clean. I'll admit that I usually find something that's not quite right with accommodations, but I could not find any dust, dirt, or detail that was not perfect. Billy & Mike are the most gracious of hosts, and Billy's three course gourmet Southern breakfasts are among the best that I've ever eaten. The warmth, pride, and history of this home put every guest at ease. Truly Billy is meant to do this work and it shows. I appreciated staying somewhere so beautiful and welcoming and will always remember my "Chardonnay and baked good" evenings that I shared with my friend while lounging on the beautiful wrap-around porches and gazing at the mountain view. The Reynolds Mansion is truly special, much like its owners. Thank you Billy & Mike for the experience that you create for every guest!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kristen M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
WAKE FOREST
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

It was 20 years since the last time I visited The Reynolds Mansion, and I found it to be every bit as charming and special as I had remembered it -- even more so! Plus, the scrumptious breakfasts were just extraordinary! Billy and Mike certainly go out of their way to make every guest feel welcome. The large swimming pool had been improved, and was so refreshing in the evenings. This is the perfect place to relax and unwind, watch the bunnies hop through the gardens, and escape the hectic pace we so often experience. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while in Asheville.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

A lovely time in splendid surroundings. Our hosts, Billy and Michael, are eager (without being too forward about it) to help you get the most out of your visit to Asheville. We stayed in the carriage house, quiet and luxurious, but had 24-hour access to the mansion, if we wanted refreshments of whatever sort during the night. Breakfasts were delicious: my wife and I are not especially fond of being placed at the same table with strangers and having to make chitchat, so that was a minor liability unless you like that sort of thing; on the other hand, Billy is a fine raconteur and fills the silences when necessary. The pool is large and clean and old--Gatsby's pool--and there's a zombie pulling himself out of the ground nearby. Which is to say, the Reynolds Mansion is fun as well as comfortable.

1 Thank mybrink
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Billy, owner and raconteur at the Mansion, is the consummate host in this charming, memorable B&B. You'll love it here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Photos did not prepare me for the splendor of the mansion---it's incredibly gorgeous! The rooms are luxurious, and I slept soundly every night. The view of the Blue Ridge mountains is stunning, and the grounds are immaculately kept with a wonderful flower garden. We had a sumptuous breakfast every morning while Billy regaled us with tales about the mansion and gave us great tips about what to see and where to dine. Hint: Go anywhere Billy tells you to eat, especially Stoney Knob. It rocks! I'm looking forward to returning to the mansion soon, hopefully to see the leaves turn in the fall. We had the best time. Thank you, Billy and Mike, for everything! Love you!

Room Tip: The website offers all the info you will need, but if you have any questions, just ask Billy. He is...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sjulien1111
Phila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We have been wanting to visit Asheville for years and finally made the trip this June for our 35th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the carriage house suite, All That Jazz, which was large and comfortable and looks over the main house and gardens from it's own lovely porch area. Billy greeted us with a gift for our anniversary (so sweet) and his terrific list of restaurants. Our advice is, "always listen to Billy". He wants you to have a wonderful time in Asheville and at his inn. We were there midweek, so it was probably a bit more quiet but we met lovely people at the inn. The house itself has a terrific history and it is well worth learning. The breakfasts are lovingly prepared and insure you won't each much lunch. What can we say...we so enjoyed our stay and I know we will return because Billy is our new best friend. Also fell in love with Scarlett and Rhett - the bulldogs and look forward to seeing more of Michael. And Asheville has so much to commend it...The Biltmore Estate, the town, great restaurants, mountains...go, have fun.

1 Thank AlwaysNYer
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I am a big sister with Big Brother Big Sister's of Atlanta and I promised my lil' that I would take her anywhere 5 hours of Atlanta if she mad all A's. And she did - the 3rd year to do so.

She picked Asheville and I picked The Reynolds Mansion based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I needed a two bedroom, full kitchen and pool. I got all of this and more at the Reynolds Mansion. We stayed the the Rhett house - a very cute two bedroom right on the pool.

The trip was perfect, great location, great history and fun for a 13 year old as well as a 33 year old.

I would definitely highly recommend this B&B. I am even sending my parents there for their 40th anniversary.

Room Tip: They really are all good. But the Rhett House is separate from the rest, so it gives a little more...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends