“On my bucket list”

Ranked #2 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“On my bucket list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I don't know what I can add that has not already been said but I knew when I finally made a visit to Asheville that I wanted to stay at a B and B. After searching thru many reviews and websites I came upon The Reynolds Mansion and knew I just had to stay at this magnificent home. It is only 3 miles from Asheville and all that the city has to offer, but it seems like a world away. I added it to my bucket list of places to stay and it took me over a year before I made the trip up the mountains. It surpassed my expectations which were already set pretty high. It was like walking back into History. Billy and Mike were absolutely fabulous hosts and Billy is an amazing storyteller who totally grabs your attention when reciting all the history of the Mansion and many other wonderful tales. The entire staff, from housekeeping up to the Inn Keepers was over the top. I have travelled all over the world and stayed at many wonderful B and B's but the Reynolds Mansion is now my absolute favorite. You are made to feel so welcome and the breakfasts are just fabulous. My coffee cup and juice glass were never empty, there was always someone there to refill it. I loved just relaxing in the morning on one of the porches with my coffee and watching the sunset with a glass of wine, all of which were readily available whenever I wanted. Coffee Stations are set up on each floor and there is a small room off of the dining room where you can get water, soda or wine whenever you need it. Oh, did I mention the wonderful cookies? There is so much to look at, memorabilia, photos, articles about the history of the mansion. And if taking care of an Inn isn't already a full time job, Billy also has some chickens and parakeets and a good size vegetable garden out back. I asked him when does he sleep? Billy and Mike are just wonderful hosts and so easy to talk to. I felt so comfortable staying there, it was like visiting an old friend or a favorite family member. I hated to leave. I also want to give some kudos to Sandy who helps Billy and Mike with the guests. She is a real gem and just wonderful to talk to. Well, I could go on and on, but you just need to make your reservation and see for yourself what all the hype is about. Add it to your bucket list.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Billy and Mike are the ultimate innkeepers. We had an awesome time at their beautiful, historic home. Their attention to detail is amazing and you will feel like you went back in time at this grand estate. You will not be dissapointed if you book your stay at The Reynolds Mansion. Mike Boyce and Mark Godin Phoenix, AZ

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are bigger than others but all of the rooms are beautiful and comfortable.
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is exactly what a B&B experience should be like! It has everything going for it: Great hosts who are gracious and friendly, incredible food (best B&B breakfasts I've ever had), and an incredible house with great history. There's really nothing bad I can say about it at all, and yet everything great to say about it.

1 Thank Brian G
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at the Reynolds Mansion for 3 nights of our early spring, 12-day road trip. We were traveling with big and heavy luggage. Upon our arrival, Billy swung open the front door, deftly grabbed our suitcases in each hand, flew up the stairs, and gently set them down in our room. That was the astonishing beginning of the most pleasant lodging experience we have ever had in our entire history of travel to fine inns across this country. From his guidance about excellent dining, (and there are many choices in Asheville, to the best way to visit the Vanderbilt and other Asheville destinations, we were well advised. Billy's breakfasts were a celebration, every single day. I usually don't eat much for breakfast, but, as Billy regaled us all with stories at the head of the beautiful dining table, I ate slowly, much, and was well-fueled for the day's adventures. The Reynolds' porches and flower gardens and inside decor, not to mention 2 very well-behaved, generally out of site small doggies, made this lodging experience the best we have ever experienced. I cannot speak highly enough of the experience. Oh, and the King size bed was very comfortable (we slept so well), and the room decor (with fresh flowers!) was wonderful.

1 Thank MarjoryMSchwartz
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

when planning a trip to Asheville we found the Reynolds Mansion and what a great find! We stayed for only 2 nights and those were the 2 most relaxing days/nights we have had in a long time. Think pampered ... that is what one experiences at this lovely bed and breakfast. Not only were Billy and Michael the most amazing hosts, their small staff were personable, kind and most accommodating. Hey Billy, we are planning a return visit!

1 Thank MsEllenMarie
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

There’s your normal, everyday B & B experience, then there’s the Reynolds Mansion in Asheville, NC. From the first moment you walk onto the magnificent wrap-around front porch and meet Billy and Mike, you understand why it’s one-of-a-kind. It’s like being invited to a very special dinner party at a dear friend’s home -- only the home is a grand slice of living history and the dear friend is someone you just met!

Pick a room, any room; they all have something special and comforting to offer. The breakfast room especially has a vibe all to itself. You’ll feel like Lord and Lady Grantham dining in Downton Abbey surrounded by superb staff. As Billy himself said, “a bed and breakfast is truly about the breakfast”, and breakfast at the Mansion is unlike any I have ever experienced. The exquisite setting, the antique china, the glorious food, excellent coffee and even fresh honey from Billy’s own bees raised on the beautifully manicured four-acre site of the inn, all adds up to perfect.

But, the truly special and unique difference at Reynolds Mansion is Billy himself. With all the aplomb of a gracious Southern host, Billy sits regally at the head of a table laden with sumptuous egg dishes, amazing creamy grits, the best apple-wood bacon ever, fresh fruit, sides of melt-in-your-mouth pancakes and iced sweet buns and regales his guests with wonderful tales about the inn and its unique and sometimes eerie past. I have never met a B & B host who takes such an interest in his guests and believe me when I tell you, Billy could easily be a successful stand-up comic with his hilarious detailed stories and perfect delivery. Your spirits will be uplifted and your mood will transcend the ordinary.

On the practical side, anything you need to know about Asheville and the surrounding area, including insider tips on the best restaurants, advice on side trips to beautiful natural wonders, and how to find the up and coming arts district without getting totally lost – Billy can provide. Reynolds Mansion defines what every B & B should be. It’s the perfect combination of a gloriously preserved home, quiet, comforting sleeping quarters, delicious meals, and the most gracious host you can imagine. You absolutely can’t go wrong choosing the Reynolds Mansion; it will be an experience you’ll cherish.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Billy and staff were wonderful during our weekend stay. The Reynolds Mansion has multiple porches, a fantastic breakfast and a peaceful yet fun setting. (Look for the monkey in the tree!)
Would definitely return to Reynolds for a future trip!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "All that jazz" room, in the house behind th main house. It is roomy, qu...