The 1889 WhiteGate Inn was absolutely wonderful. We stayed in the Ralph Waldo Emerson room, which had a beautiful stone fireplace, a giant four-poster bed, and an astounding bathroom. Upon arrival, we were shown first around the main house, and all the available services there - free water and soda, a fancy coffee maker, complimentary baked goods, and an incredible CD and DVD library. We were then shown our room - we picked one of the new rooms in the carriage house and we were not disappointed; the room was wonderful.
Every evening there is a social hour in the main house. Breakfast is three course, served at nine am and was delicious both our days there. The inn is a short walk into downtown Asheville - about 10 to 15 minutes to all the resturaunts and shops.
I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it most highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our Four Diamond, romantic Asheville bed and breakfast offering majestic Blue Ridge Mountain views only steps from downtown. Our charming Asheville, NC B&B features amazing rooms and private garden cottages with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, flat screen TVs & luxurious amenities. Don't miss out on unforgettable gourmet breakfasts, afternoon refreshments & award winning gardens our Inn in Asheville, and reawaken your senses with amazing treatments at our on-site Asheville spa. Pet friendly units available. A 4 Diamond, Select Registry Property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your 1889 WhiteGate Inn & Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1889 Whitegate Inn And Cottage
- 1889 Whitegate Inn & Cottage Hotel Asheville