The inn is very clean, well-decorated, and the owners are extremely nice. We were greeted with complimentary glasses of wine and hors d'oeuvres
We stayed in one of the bungalows in the Oscar Wilde Suite. The suite is noted to be pet friendly. Not sure if that contributed to this, the suite had a musty smell that we also carried with is when we left. The bathroom had a light that was out, which made the shower extremely dark. The jacuzzi tub was touted as a two-person tub, but I could barely fit myself (6-1, 200lbs). The TV was also inoperable, and I normally do not have problems with TVs.
Finally, there was breakfast. They only serve a vegan/vegetarian breakfast, so be aware....NO MEAT! I called ours a gourmet continental breakfast.
To summarize, while we might have had a different experience if we'd stayed in the main house, our stay did not measure up to the bill we paid. Frank and Ralph, please consider offering a breakfast for us carnivores!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our Four Diamond, romantic Asheville bed and breakfast offering majestic Blue Ridge Mountain views only steps from downtown. Our charming Asheville, NC B&B features amazing rooms and private garden cottages with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, flat screen TVs & luxurious amenities. Don't miss out on unforgettable gourmet breakfasts, afternoon refreshments & award winning gardens our Inn in Asheville, and reawaken your senses with amazing treatments at our on-site Asheville spa. Pet friendly units available. A 4 Diamond, Select Registry Property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your 1889 WhiteGate Inn & Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1889 Whitegate Inn And Cottage
- 1889 Whitegate Inn & Cottage Hotel Asheville