“Could Not Ask for More from the Wright Inn!!”

The 1899 Wright Inn and Carriage House
Ranked #13 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We decided to head up to Asheville to visit the Biltmore decorated for the Christmas holiday. We choose the Wright Inn based on the wonderful pictures from the website and the package deal they offered. We thought we got a great deal for two nights and two two-day tickets to the Biltmore. We wanted to get the 'real' Asheville experience and the inn keepers could not have been more helpful in recommending places to eat and things to do during the evening. We had an amazing weekend and the wonderful atmosphere at the Wright Inn made it that much better.

1  Thank Rebecca2414

Reviewed 15 November 2010

Had a fantastic weekend. This was our first time visiting. The inn is close to town and convenient for the whole area. It is the most warm and cozy place I have EVER stayed at . The hosts did a great job. And the candlelight breakfast was sensational!!! We will be back again and again.

1  Thank Sulenski
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Recently spent three delightful nights at the Wright Inn and Carriage House, where we experienced comfortable and inviting accommodations as well as, outstanding, daily, gourmet breakfasts (skip lunch, breakfast is enough until dinner!) All this and more was served up with true Southern hospitality by owners (and Hosts) Barbara and Bob. Who offered informative directions, great restaurant suggestions and shared their knowledge of the area, making for a truly memorable vacation. We're already planning our return trip!!!!

1  Thank SmoliGirl
Reviewed 9 November 2010

The service was great. Everyone was very friendly. I would have liked to have had more options in terms of size of beds (I would have preferred a king size instead but the only one available was on the 3rd floor). The price seemed a little high as well, although I have to admit I didn't shop around b/c other friends had already booked their rooms at the Inn and we wanted to stay where they did. I would have liked for someone to have helped us carry our luggage up to the 2nd floor. The breakfast was great. They offered tickets to the Biltmore that were cheaper than what you could get at the Biltmore and were for two-days (unfortunately, we didn't get to take advantage of the second day). The location was a little far away from the downtown area so you did have to travel a bit to find a restaurant for dinner. All in all it was a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
gizmo999, Owner at The 1899 Wright Inn and Carriage House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

We are very pleased that this guest had a good time and enjoyed being with family. These times are very special.

I can only apologize for the poor communication that must have taken place at the time of check-in. I thought that I did offer to assist with the baggage but my assistance was politely declined. I must have misunderstood the response to my offer.

Asheville is known for the large number of local restaurants in the downtown area. We did not offer assistance because another family member had already made dinner reservations for the group prior to arrival. The restaurant that was chosen is less than 1 1/2 miles from the Inn and is surrounded by dozens of other options also. Considering the VERY LARGE number of options available, this is the first time I have heard that the distance to a quality restaurant is "a bit far".

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to share in your family's happiness. It was great to see everyone have such a good time.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

We just returned fromour second visit to the the Wright Inn. We loved it the first time -- and if anything it's only gotten better. Bob and Barbara Gilmore are the most spectacular "hosts". The are wonderful people, incredible cooks and have created a relaxing and enviting environment. The Wright Inn is the most beautiful house, the bedrooms are lovely, the beds are cozy, and the food is to die for. I've stayed in other B&Bs and there is no comparison. I wanted to stay forever.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2010

As a single older woman I most appreciated the individual attention I received. From the moment I arrived I felt "at home." After traveling nine hours on the Blue Ridge Parkway, I wanted a hot cup of tea , help with my bags, suggestions for a restaurant for dinner and directions for the next day's visit to Biltmore. All my needs were met and exceeded.
My room was very clean,warm and cozy,but it is the manager and the mouth watering breakfasts she served .......and sitting out late evening rocking on the front porch..... that will bring me back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and I selected this wonderful B&B from the Visit Asheville website. We have been going to Asheville for our anniversary for 6 years now and enjoyed it more this time than ever before. We stayed in the "Wright" suite where we had a privite dining room for breakfast. The staff was outgoing and helpful, the house was great. Some of the little things I worried about were not an issue. Plenty of hot water; privacy; easy access to downtown Asheville, and the beds and rooms were comfortable and wonderfully decorated. We plan to come back next year.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple