“Just Like Home”
other travellers have booked this property
Your private entrance Your livingroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Your private entrance
Your bedroom
Your bathroom
Kitchen where breakfast is served not for guests to cook in.
fountain on western (sunset) facing deck (during the summer)
sunset from deck
what our house looked like  in 1984.
house has changed a bit since 1984
south facing back deck & stairs leading to hiking trails
always something blooming in Sharon's gardens
hammock in upper yard & hiking trail returning to house
Babbling brook swing
babbling brook after it's rained
another sunset from Your livingroom
bit of Fall color
view across French Broad River valley from Inspiration Swing
one of the several swings on our loop walk in the woods.
sunset Inspiration Swing
Sunny 1yr 3/28/16
Sunny age 3 our 3/4 Anatolian Shepherd 1/4 Great Pyrenees. Loves taking guests on walks in the woods
The View out your bedroom window 8/10/18
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

GiovediBe...
“Just Like Home”
Reviewed 18 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The owners were very nice and helpful. Sharon went out of her way to accommodate my diet and made a delicious breakfast, Saturday and Sunday morning. The views were spectacular and the drive to downtown is short and scenic. There are two large dogs that live on the property, they are sweet and I enjoyed their company. I didn't get to enjoy the walking trails, but I bet they were fantastic!

The two bedrooms/bathroom and living room are attached to the main house, but you have a private entrance and ample privacy. The second bedroom has been supplied as a kitchenette with a microwave and mini-fridge that I found very useful. The bedroom is rather cozy, but there was still plenty of space. I stayed by myself, but there would have been plenty of room for another person.

I will definitely return.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Tiffbaile...
Cocoa, Florida
“Wonderful getaway”
Reviewed 6 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I wanted a nice getaway for a few days up in Asheville. I had already booked a room at a hotel when I had gotten some suggestions from Trip advisor. One of them was Sunset Sweet B&B.. Once I looked at their website and read the reviews I was hooked. I cancelled the hotel and immediately booked with Sharon and Gary. It was a wonderful choice. They were so friendly and welcoming and their dogs Shadow and Sunny were lovable and friendly. One of the great things about staying here were the trails up the mountain. My husband and I walked them the mornings it didn't rain. The views were beautiful and the area quiet and tranquil. When it was time to go we were sad to leave the area but we are definitely looking forward to coming back. Thanks to Sharon and Gary for helping make our stay so nice.

Bedding & mattresses
Your age range 35-49
Miguel A...
“It's like going to home.”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

The best part of going to North Carolina was staying with Gary and Sharon. They were great hosts and they really made us feel at home, not just that, they took us in and it really felt like they were taking care of us. I can honestly say that I would look forward to having a morning coffee and a chat to start my day. The place was great, with its many flowers and paths just outside the house. And Shadow and Sunny are invaluable to the Sunset Sweet. If I have the option to stay at this great bed and breakfast, I won't even think about it. You get so much more than just a place to stay. You get a place that warms your heart when you look back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The people and the pets as well as the hikes in the morning.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ghurleya
Seagrove, North Carolina
“Best Anniversary”
Reviewed 23 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I'm a little late on the review been really busy. But this is great place to stay, such a lovely place, and we plan on saying again in the near future. We were served great breakfast, and the yogurt is the best we ever had. We didn't get to walk their trails, but we spent every night in downtown Asheville. We had a blast, and came "home" to what felt like home, and not having any A/C was no problem it felt great, no complaints. They are fun to talk with and great company. We look forward to coming back again! We highly suggest you staying here!

Your age range 25-34
Katherine...
“Three nights in paradise!!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I HIGHTLY recommend Sunset Sweet to anyone who is travelling to Asheville. Not only is the property incredible (it includes hiking trails, gardens, and fabulous views), Gary and Sharon are amazing! My husband and I felt like we were staying with friends, not people we had just met. Shadow, the most gently dog you will ever meet, made us feel right at home too. Every time we returned from one of our adventures she was waiting for us in the driveway. Our only complaint is that our visit wasn't long enough!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The location and the people!
Liked least: I can honestly think of nothing.
Gregory R
“Excellent place for a stay in the mountains”
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Sharon and Gary were excellent hosts and incredibly knowledgeable about the options for exploring Asheville and the surrounding areas. If it were not for their suggestions and ideas on what to check out we would have not had as good of a time during our stay. The breakfasts were excellent and the garden surrounding the property was a great thing to enjoy on our mornings at the house.

One thing of note, is that while your room and space are private, it is in the couple's home. We were not aware of that before booking.

Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
CF24680
Clemson, South Carolina
“Quiet and Relaxing Mountain Getaway”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Sharon and Gary are a very hospitable and nice couple who make their guests feel welcome and at home. Their property is beautiful and is in good proximity of downtown Asheville, the Blue Ridge Parkway and various hiking trails. Their two dogs are very nice and well-trained; my wife doesn't particularly care for dogs, but she didn't have a problem with them. We felt like we had plenty of privacy even though the accommodations were on the main floor of the couple's home. We stayed over the weekend and got to enjoy Sharon's delicious breakfasts.

Liked best: beautiful property
Liked least: accommodations on same floor/in close proximity to owners
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing