We stayed at the Beaufort House Inn for a short stay in Asheville. We really enjoyed the B&B and I like to be specific about our pros and cons for any place we stay.
- Owners/Staff: Jim, Chris & Erica are helpful, accomodating and personable. Everything you could ask for at your B&B.
- House: They have made updates to the house where possible, but it is an older house. TV, Wifi, etc... all worked well.
- Location: The house is far enough from the noise of downtown, but close enough to walk. You do have to walk under the interstate bridge, but that didn't bother us.
- Breakfast: Some of the best B&B breakfast dishes I've ever had that were truly restaurant quality.
- Extras: Water, coffee, tea available all day and wine for a few hours in the evening. Cookies and other things sometimes available.
- Parking: Plenty of parking for a full house.
- Neighborhood: The Inn is in a nice neighborhood, but it's not completely secluded.
- Price: We stayed in the Theodore Davidson and it was pricier than we would have liked for the room. Other less expensive rooms were booked, so I don't know if we would have been happier with the value proposition there.
- House: As stated, this is a historical landmark, so it's an old house. Floors, stairs and doors are sometimes creaky. You can hear others at times, but it was never when we were trying to sleep. We may have just been lucky, but our experience was good. We came back a little late some nights and it was almost impossible not to make some noise.
- Bed: Our bed was supposed to be a queen, but it felt small for a queen bed. Otherwise, the bed and our sleep was fine.
Overall, we would recommend the Beaufort House Inn for a visit to Asheville. They offer a top notch B&B experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1894, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Beaufort House Inn is located in the residential Chestnut Historic District within walking distance of the vibrant activities in downtown Asheville. The Beaufort House Inn sits on two acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. The Inn has an environment of casual elegance and luxury provided by owners Jim & Christina Muth and their staff. As a guest you will enjoy a two course gourmet breakfast, wine social each evening, Godiva chocolates, Aveda personal products and a full concierge service to help you get the most from your visit to Asheville. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Beaufort House Hotel Asheville