“The Perfect B&B Experience!”
Review of Beaufort House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Beaufort House Inn
Ranked #10 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I just returned from a 4-night stay at the Beaufort House Inn, and it was everything I could have wished for. The hosts are welcoming and gracious, and clearly love what they do. They seemed very interested in making sure I had a good time, and that I enjoyed all the restaurants and attractions that I went to. I felt that there wasn't any detail left wanting - wine is served each night if you want it, tea is always available, and bottles of water are provided to take whenever you want. And the breakfasts are delicious. They didn't have any problems at all with my dietary restrictions (vegetarian + gluten free) and made me feel like it was their pleasure to find me delicious food to eat.

Overall, the atmosphere of the property is serene and calming, with a lovely big wraparound porch to sit on, and gardens to stroll in or just to hang out lying in the hammock. I stayed in the Haseltine room, which is small but charming, with windows that are surrounded by the leafy trees in the garden. The shower/toilet are in what was clearly the original closet to the room, so it is a small area but perfectly adequate. The sink looks original to the house and is in a dresser in the room. The bed was super comfortable, and in all I thought it was a very cozy room.

In other words, I LOVED it, and hope to go back!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 August 2009

I am fairly jaded, but: This is a gem of a place. The hosts are the most gracious and generous couple you could imagine, and they clearly love what they do. Minutes from downtown and parkways to get you into the mountains. This is a great B&B!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2009

The Beaufort House Inn is a very special place. Firstly it gets all the basics completely right. Its clean, very comfortable and looks great. The breakfast is fantastic - a two course meal freshly made with local ingredients. All of this on its own would have made for a good stay. However, hosts Jim and Christina and their staff go the extra mile to make your stay exceptional. They are incredibly helpful and will suggest things to do and see as well as reccommend good places to eat in Asheville. Wine is served every evening at 5pm which is just great. As an example of what great hosts they are one night when it was raining Jim drove us into town......really kind. You don't feel you are staying at a bed and breakfast you feel you are staying with old friends. If you planning a trip to Asheville, and its a great place to visit, don't think about staying anywhere else. This place is amazing!

Reviewed 10 August 2009

Right from the start we we're made to feel so welcome and special.

Our hosts and their friendly team were delightful. The venue was charming, romantic and very clean. Our only regret was that we could only stay one night.

Treat yourself to this most excellent establishment - your won't be dissappointed.

Reviewed 3 August 2009

The Beaufort House Inn is located in a lovely, quiet and very central neighborhood. I shared the Ivy Terrace room with my son (we were touring colleges). The room itself was not large, but the closet had ample space and the bathroom was very large and comfortable. Also, the room was beautifully appointed. We spent some time in the Library which has a large selection of good books and some time out on the very inviting porch. The food and service were excellent! The only tiny drawback the Ivy Terrace room has is that you can hear footsteps in the kitchen in the early morning when breakfast is being prepared. My son didn't hear it, so it would only affect a light sleeper. I took advantage, went upstairs and fixed myself a cup of tea and sat out on the porch and read for an hour. The grounds are beautiful, overall a highly enjoyable stay, just too short.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank Hamburg54
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We were pleasantly surprised to find this perfect Inn for our Asheville trip. The historic home is just lovely, and a wonderful spot for porch sitting with a glass of wine in the late afternoon. The breakfasts were divine, as were the hosts, Christina and Jim. We so enjoyed sharing stories with them and learning about their exciting venture to take over the Beaufort House. The grounds are absolutely georgeous, with flower and herb gardens, magnificent old trees, and lovely brick walkways. So quiet and peaceful. We look forward to returning soon, and hope you will too!

1  Thank Junebug03
Reviewed 28 July 2009

My wife and I spent six nights at the BHI. We had the suite that was the entire third floor of the main house. Our room was large with a comfortable bed, TV and DVD player. The bathroom was also large. It has a stall shower and jumbo jacuzzi tub. The true highlight of the BHI is the breakfasts, hosts and staff. We got a gourmet breakfast every morning. No two breakfasts were the same. There was a daily wine tasting for all guests. The staff made excellent dining suggestions. They are also available to help plan day trips. The owners, Chris and Jim, make you feel like you are their personal guests.

1  Thank JustHavingFun048