““Great Location for family!””

Ramada Asheville Southeast
Ranked #55 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Florida
““Great Location for family!””
Reviewed 7 January 2009

The place was exactly what we were looking for: clean, quiet, spacious.
We stayed three nights while vacationing in Asheville. Great location! Less than 10 minute drive to downtown area as well as the Biltmore. Nice sized room. Comfy bed. with new mattress.
Very nice breakfast at this price with choice of eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, waffles and the standard bagels, donuts, muffins, Danish, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc.
The place is convenient to downtown, shopping, dinning, as well as Blue Ridge Parkway. 2.5 miles from Biltmore.
But when we come back in the Asheville area, I will gladly stay here again.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2008

Very friendly and helpful checkin staff. It is an older property that has a few updates. The beds and the AC/heater are new. The bed was very firm. The bathroom needs updating. The wall paper was peeling off of the walls and the tile floor had a few cracked tiles. The bathtub has been updated but it was a plastic insert.

The hot breakfast was fair. The hot breakfast description at hotel's website is optimistic. There was no sausage or waffles. I guess the french toast sticks were their replacement?

Next time I visit Asheville I will try another hotel. This hotel is not bad but I would like to find something better.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed 29 October 2008

Recently stayed three nights while vacationing in Asheville. Great location! Less than 10 minute drive to downtown area as well as the Biltmore. Nice sized room. Comfy bed. Note about the in room coffee maker....Creamer & sugar is tucked inside the foil packet with the coffee. I didn't realize this until the 3rd morning. I did call the front desk the first morning asking for cream & sugar. I was told there was no one to bring me any. Didn't bother to mention that it was inside the packet. The iron didn't heat up either. I was never able to get resolution on that. Hot breakfast served each morning. Same menu items. By the third day, we were ready for a change. We got an excellent deal booking thru their website....so would stay there again knowing what we know about it.

• Liked — Location to Biltmore.
  • Disliked — Lack of customer service when I called the front desk with issues.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Arcadia, CA
Reviewed 3 September 2008

We had a tremendous one-night stay at this wonderful and newly- remodeled facility, which we discovered on the recommendation of the nearby (and totally-booked) Holiday Inn. The very attentive and pleasant Natalie at the front desk and the entire staff made us feel like their only guests as they graciously accommodated our family in a two-bedroom executive suite (#100/101), the last non-smoking unit on site. In addition to the indoor and outdoor pools and the great game room, the attached IHOP restaurant had very good food. In terms of the accommodations, great service and facilities and convenience for dining, this was one of the very best values we have experienced in many years of traveling. We definitely would come back!

• Liked — Nice facilities and great customer service
  • Disliked — pool water was a bit cool
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
NC
Reviewed 24 August 2008

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are no elevators, so you must carry luggage up stairs. There is no Air conditioning in the hallways. The air conditioning was not working in our room when we arrived. The rooms are dirty and the bedding is dirty. We were told at the time we made our reservations there are refrigerators in every room. When we arrived there was no refrigerator and they said they provide them in some rooms, but not all.
When the room was cleaned at 10:00am the next morning, towels were not left for us. At 1:00pm, we called to ask for towels - we were told they were being washed and they would get them to us. At 5:30 pm, we went to the front desk and asked again for our towels. They did not have enough linens to provide the guests with towels!
Communication barrier - no english speaking staff during our stay.

• Liked — Checkout
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008
1 Thank tarheelgurl43
Reviewed 11 June 2008

I have stayed in 2 Ramadas in Asheville and both seemed pretty run down. This one was very convenient to the I-240 junction to Asheville, but you couldn't walk to downtown. It's near a shopping center. There were no problems, the staff was very friendly, but the place was dragging. I think I am done with the Ramada chain.

• Liked — The windows opened.
  • Disliked — Not quite clean, VERY hard bed, threadbare sheets.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 12 January 2008

This hotel was absolutely filthy. LARGE stains that clearly looked like blood and bedwetting were on the sheets and also directly on the mattress. We took multiple pictures to chronicle how unsanitary this place is. This is particularly unsafe for children, who are more susceptible to catching diseases from these conditions.

Also, multiple people jiggled the doorhandles of both of our rooms during the night, apparently because they were told that they were assigned to our rooms.

If you have any concern for your safety or health, I would stay far away from this place.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — biohazards all over the place
  • Stayed December 2007
2 Thank in_camera
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, 19 May 2008
Thank you for trusting Trip Advisor for dependable and honest hotel reviews for you - the traveler.

With over twenty years in the hospitality industry, I would like to respond to this unfavorable review of my hotel as well as a few others. I will not address specifics, but will offer a general overview of where this property has been and the direction it is taking now and in the future.

Ramada of Asheville has long been a leader in hospitality in the Asheville market. Our property features 174 guest rooms with some awesome amenities: full hot breakfast, outdoor pool, outdoor playground with a basketball and volleyball court, clean and comfortable guest rooms at an affordable price and last but not least, true southern hospitality.

I will not say that all the negative reviews on this website were false. But I will tell you one truth: we can not please all of our guests 100% of the time. We try - and in a few instances- we fail.

I would ask you - as seasoned road warriors - to have an open mind. First and foremost - we are a proud member of the Wyndham Hotel Family. As a Ramada, we have certain brand standards we must uphold. I have seen some guest perceptions of our hotel that is negative. I understand that. All I ask in you prospective guests is to hold us to our standards - as a Ramada - and enjoy your stay with clean, comfortable and affordable accomodations that we do provide. During our last Quality Assurance Inspection we scored a very respectable 98% on Guest Room Cleanliness.

Good things are coming also. Ramada is rolling out our new superior bedding program and we continue to update all of our guest rooms and amenities.

I can’t make up your mind for you - I just wanted to provide a little feed back from our side. Please, If you have any questions, email me at: sales@ramadariverridge.com.

Will Hall