“Great value, Great location, Great Big jacuzzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ramada Asheville Southeast
Ranked #55 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great value, Great location, Great Big jacuzzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and I didn't know what to expect after reading other comments. I entered the hotel with low expectations. After a long drive I was very disappointed to find out there's no elevators and we were on the bottom floor. I questioned myself and wonder why didn't I listen to the comments from TripAdvisor. We reserved the 2 room smoking King Suite with a kitchen, balcony and jacuzzi. I entered the room pissed off because we had a lot of luggage and had to carry all this crap down 2 flight of stairs in the cold. Once I entered the room I was amazed. The room was very clean and a nice size. The living room had a big comfy couch with a balcony attached which faced the basketball court and playground. Great if you have kids. The bedroom was wonderful. The room was clean and the shower/jacuzzi is to die for. Let me tell you...most hotel tell you they have a big jacuzzi or shower and its just big enough for maybe one person. That's not the case hear. I'm a thick women and it was enough room for my husband and I to relax with plenty of room left. The pillows were fluffy and the bed was comfy. The hotel is close to most attractions,downtown and plenty of restaurants. I even stayed an additional night and the owner gave me the same discount I received online. The only negative things I can say is the no elevator thing and the ice machine didn't work but there was another one right upstairs. Overall I loved my time there and the hotel made my Valentine weekend spectacular. This hotel is under-rated gem for a great price. I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msbklyngirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Great location and convenient to everything yet feels like you are tucked away in the beautiful mountains of Asheville with an amazing view. The rooms are generous in size and the hotel is very clean. Enjoyed the continental breakfast and the staff was very friendly and professional. The hotel rate is much less than others in comparison. Very pleased all the way around!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the Asheville Ramada. We are constantly striving to to keep our property in good order and appreciate your kind words. Please come and stay with us again.
Grantville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

We stayed here just after Christmas, as part of a packeage we booked with Biltmore. We were not looking for extravagant, but did want a nice, clean place to stay. The hotel website says each room includes amenities including a refrigerator and microwave, both of which are selling points for us. However, upon entering our room, we noticed there was not a microwave, just a fridge. We called the front desk and were told that those are 'upon request'... some rooms, apparently, don't have either. We asked for one, but had to use the micro in the breakfast area because there was only one staff member there at the time and she couldn't leave the front desk. We did get one in our room later that night.
As far as cleanliness... lacking, definitely lacking. There was hair on the toilet seat. The roll of toilet paper that was on the dispenser was half blue because CLEANER had been spilled on it. Yes, someone spilled blue cleaner on a roll of toilet paper and then put it out for someone else to use. Nice. I set a blanket on the dresser and when a picked it up, it literally peeled off of the furniture; something had been spilled all over the top of the dresser (it looked like melted hard candy) and had been there for quite a while. The only reason the room was bearable, at that point, was my Clorox wipes. Oh, and although the rooms were non-smoking, it seems the hallways were not.
The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good, and the hotel is close to Biltmore, but I will not stay again and definitely would not recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, 27 January 2011
We are sorry you had such a bad experience. We do advertise the micro wave and refrigerator upon request and if there was no micro wave upon arrival we will gladly provide one. Our rooms are inspected daily by the head housekeeper and it is very unusual to miss something like you mentioned in the bathroom. While we do have an older property, if a problem is brought to our attention during your stay we will do our best to correct the problem. We hope you will come back and give us another try.
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! First I was told the heat in the hallway was broken and would be fixed by noon or we would be moved. Then they informed me at 10pm that the hallways were not heated! It was pouring snow 19 degrees and freezing! The breakfast bar had "Biscuit and Gravy" on the bar. The Biscuits were hard and cold and the Gravy was ice cold! Than our cards would not work 3 seperate times and we had to go out into the pouring snow to get the keys reactivated at the front desk!! The beds were hard and not very clean. I was told by Natalie that I would receive a $40.00 credit at Checkout for all the inconveniences and my bill balance would be $16.06, but because she was not on duty at my checkout time the clerk on duty (who knew of the credit) refused to honor it! Even though she had called him the night before and told him of the credit. I asked him if he was aware of the credit and he said yes. I had to use the computer and the clerk on duty did not even know how to print something from the computer and did not know the hotels email address! It was the worst experience I have had at a hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hondablondie
We do not heat the interior corridor hallways , it was a very cold few days in the first part of December and I'm sorry you were cold. We do offer a microwave in the breakfast area to heat the biscuits, I have asked the breakfast attendent to point that out to guests in the future. We have new sealy posturpedic mattresses just six months ago. Thank you for taking the time to write. We truly do have many very satisfied guests.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

It was a Girls Weekend Trip and we thought the hotel would be "acceptable" just to rest between our outings. First of all, the hotel has NO elevator, so we had to drag our luggage up the stairs. The hotel as well as the rooms do not appear to have been updated in the last 30 years. The sheets and towels were worn to the point where they really need to be replaced. The ceiling of the room I stayed in was water stained. The curtains had holes in one of the curtains and the handle of the shower broke--not once, but twice while we stayed there. The only reason we stayed after looking over the rooms was we had pre-paid and they wouldn't refund any of our money, We had to ask for extra towels as we showered at least twice a day and we also had to ask for linens to change our beds as the staff just re-made the bed and didn't change the linen. The staff didn't wear uniforms, so we weren't sure if they were working or what...The picture of the hotel room on the internet is truly false advertising. I will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank chillync
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2010

By far the best rate in Asheville at the time of our stay. Noticed some hairs in the bed, but that was after I jumped in the bed naked. Seriously I did wake up the next morning with another persons hair hanging out of the side of my mouth. Looked under the mattress for bed bug poop as I always do and found crumbs and a note with a smiley face on it, a good bit of dirt behind the bed also. Was very quite and I did get a good night sleep though.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Sir or Madame, not too sure how to respond to that review. Glad you you got a good nights sleep. Come back and see us.
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

During a three week road trip, we'd booked a stay here for two nights, sight unseen. Upon entering our room(desperately in need of a redo, btw), a smell, it turned out to be coming from a half-eaten TV dinner left in the rooms unplugged fridge - strike one. Strike two comes when the clothes dryer squeals a racket, then immediately breaks down completely after having been fed several quarters - laundry's still soaked - no options. Three: Walk over to, and find no-one at the reception desk for a resolve or refund. Four: While hanging clothing on patio furnishings outside of room to dry, notice a tremendous number of beer cans and bottles strewn amongst the adjacent shrubbery and grounds - nice touch. Strikes five, six, seven: Very large bug removed from carpeting next to bed, another substantially large bug removed from face @ 2:00 am ! Now, wide awake and removed to the couch, here comes a very large spider climbing up the wall from behind said sofa. Topping off this vacation enjoyment ? Numerous phone calls, with long hold times, in an effort to cancel the next night's stay and avoid being charged. Here's the kicker; we payed $130.00 for the "experience". Lesson learned.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple