We booked our 3 night stay at the Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall through Priceline and got an excellent deal. The property is centrally located about 15 minutes from both the Biltmore Estate and downtown Asheville and is 100% smoke free.
The room looked and smelled clean and the furnishings were in good shape with only two very minor wear and tear issues. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were small and uncomfortable. If you are a picky about your pillows, bring your own. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, a 40” flat screen TV, free WIFI and the quietest A/C unit you could ask for.
Even though our room was only twenty feet down the hall from the elevator I was amazed at how quiet it was. We never heard the elevators open or close, we were never disturbed by noise from other guests as they walked past our room our when they opened and closed their doors and we never heard a single noise from outside the hotel. This was the quietest room I have ever stayed in.
The staff was friendly and helpful with recommendations for local restaurants. The front desk manager, Kelly, even offered me a couple slices of her pizza when I asked her about the best place to order pizza from.
By the way, if you order pizza, call Flavilla’s, it was the best pizza I have had in years and I would rate amongst the best I have ever had.
The free hot breakfast included waffles, omelets, sausage, biscuits and gravy and the usual assortment of cold offerings along with juices, tea, coffee and milk. My wife said the omelet she had the first day was not so good after sitting in the warmer but the second day she got one when they first brought them out and it was good. I had the make your own waffle and sausage both days and both were very good. Considering it was free, you can’t beat it!
The pool is on the small side but still big enough to get in and cool off. The pool and pool area were both very clean and there is plenty of seating if you want to lie out. Towels are provided pool side.
I only have two negative remarks about the Comfort Suites:
1. There is only one elevator for both staff and guests. During peak times we waited 5+ minutes for the elevator and hoped it is was not full when it got there. Also, the stairs are not centrally located. We were on the 4th floor and I have a bad knee so the stairs we not an option for me but even if they were, it would have been very inconvenient to use the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator.
2. The bathroom in our room was so small I had to step in between the toilet and the sink to open/close the door and there is no vent fan but it does have a hair dryer. This was only a minor inconvenience but one I thought worth mentioning.
Overall we were very happy with the Comfort Suites and its staff. The daily wait for the elevator put a real damper on an otherwise excellent stay and it cost the Comfort Suites a star in my review. With a second elevator I would have given them 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites Outlet Center is conveniently located right off of I-26 and near the beautiful Biltmore Estate, America's largest home. Discount Biltmore tickets sold! We are adjacent to Asheville Outlets, western NC's premier shopping venue with over 75 outlet stores plus food pavilion. All of our suites include a free full hot breakfast, pull out sleeper sofa, microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker. We have a Fitness Room on-site as well as seasonal, outdoor pool. Whirlpool suites are also available. We are a pet friendly hotel and we offer pet walking and cleanup areas. Our business center is stocked with office supplies and we also offer remote printing. Our meeting space can accommodate up to 150 people. We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful mountains of Asheville, NC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites Outlet Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall Hotel Asheville
- Comfort Suites Asheville
- Asheville Comfort Suites