“Very good property ideally located midway between the Biltmore Estate and downtown Asheville”

Comfort Suites Outlet Center
Ranked #34 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked our 3 night stay at the Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall through Priceline and got an excellent deal. The property is centrally located about 15 minutes from both the Biltmore Estate and downtown Asheville and is 100% smoke free.

The room looked and smelled clean and the furnishings were in good shape with only two very minor wear and tear issues. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were small and uncomfortable. If you are a picky about your pillows, bring your own. The room was equipped with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, a 40” flat screen TV, free WIFI and the quietest A/C unit you could ask for.

Even though our room was only twenty feet down the hall from the elevator I was amazed at how quiet it was. We never heard the elevators open or close, we were never disturbed by noise from other guests as they walked past our room our when they opened and closed their doors and we never heard a single noise from outside the hotel. This was the quietest room I have ever stayed in.

The staff was friendly and helpful with recommendations for local restaurants. The front desk manager, Kelly, even offered me a couple slices of her pizza when I asked her about the best place to order pizza from.

By the way, if you order pizza, call Flavilla’s, it was the best pizza I have had in years and I would rate amongst the best I have ever had.

The free hot breakfast included waffles, omelets, sausage, biscuits and gravy and the usual assortment of cold offerings along with juices, tea, coffee and milk. My wife said the omelet she had the first day was not so good after sitting in the warmer but the second day she got one when they first brought them out and it was good. I had the make your own waffle and sausage both days and both were very good. Considering it was free, you can’t beat it!

The pool is on the small side but still big enough to get in and cool off. The pool and pool area were both very clean and there is plenty of seating if you want to lie out. Towels are provided pool side.

I only have two negative remarks about the Comfort Suites:

1. There is only one elevator for both staff and guests. During peak times we waited 5+ minutes for the elevator and hoped it is was not full when it got there. Also, the stairs are not centrally located. We were on the 4th floor and I have a bad knee so the stairs we not an option for me but even if they were, it would have been very inconvenient to use the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator.

2. The bathroom in our room was so small I had to step in between the toilet and the sink to open/close the door and there is no vent fan but it does have a hair dryer. This was only a minor inconvenience but one I thought worth mentioning.

Overall we were very happy with the Comfort Suites and its staff. The daily wait for the elevator put a real damper on an otherwise excellent stay and it cost the Comfort Suites a star in my review. With a second elevator I would have given them 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BFMitchell893
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for all of your detailed feedback. We really appreciate it! We understand that having one elevator can be an inconvenience and we appreciate your patience. Our bathrooms do have an exhaust fan....it is located on the wall above the shower (it comes on automatically with the light). We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I was surprised that this is a 100% non-smoking hotel. Even immediately outside the front lobby there is a sign to ask people to go somewhere else to smoke. Just like the other reviewer said, the breakfast area is kind of small for this size hotel. May be they can do a different configuration of the seating. The front desk is friendly, the room is clean. I got a handicapped room even I didn't ask for one. Overall it is a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback. We are proud to be 100% smoke free! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed for one night (two rooms) on Monday, August 5th. The price was well below other hotels in the area that were similar in comfort value. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was very good. The mall next door is very quiet and the restaurants in the area were fair. It was less than 12 minute to downtown Asheville, or the Biltmore Estates from the hotel. I would stay here again. Great value overall.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your time. Please stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is very nice hotel with great amenities. We stayed in the whirlpool suite, and it was really fun watching TV in the in-room whirlpool. I would definitely recommend this clean, spacious room to anyone visiting the Asheville area.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra dollars for the whirlpool suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the whirlpool suite. Please stay with us again next time you are in beautiful Asheville!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Our room was nice and very clean. The clerks were polite and accommodating. The one thing that was strange was that if you closed the curtains to block out the sun you also blocked the air conditioner. We chose to be cool. The mall is just outside the hotel and has a shuttle to the Biltmore. The breakfast had many choices not all cheap carbs like many places.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff to be courteous. We do hope that you stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I think it's clearly a stretch to call the room a suite, with a 3'x1' "wall" attached to a post. It had a sofa, table, chair & bed. They also had the smallest pillows I've ever seen, not close to a standard size pillow.
However, the room was convenient to almost everything we wanted to do (Biltmore, downtown, etc).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

We appreciate your feedback. Our rooms are considered a one-room studio suite. We apologize for any inconvenience. We are glad that you found our location to be convenient. We will be getting new pillows this fall! We hope you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I was in town for the Bele Chere festival and I knew I wouldn't be arriving until late in the night, but wanted to go ahead and stop by and pay for my room. I was a couple hours short of check in time, but the young lady at the desk was extremely polite and allowed me to check in early. I had a room on the 2nd floor where I could look out the window at my parked car below. I had two double beds and a couch sofa bed. The beds were extremely comfortable and soft pillows. The bathroom and shower were very clean. There was a large flat screen television with 128 channels. I ran the 5k the next day and it was nice to come back after the race and eat some hot biscuits and gravy and mini muffins. Enjoyed the welcoming staff and clean up to date rooms. *Did not use the pool or fitness room, but both looked very nice and clean. Only Con was housekeeping knocking early on the door, even with a DND sign up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate your time and hope that you will stay with us again.