“Worth the price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Pegram, TN
“Worth the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

First off I have to say that the title 'Suites' is a little of a stretch. It is a big 2 bed room with a couch that pulls out into a double bed. Not a real suite.

That said, it is clean and safe. The location is great to both downtown and the Biltmore with a small mall right next door and a decent selection of restaurants in the vicinity. The price we got as a Sam's Club member ($85/night) was def. worth it. The included hot breakfast was a great start to the day although the breakfast area was crowded in the mornings. Only one elevator and it was kinda slow. Everything else was good and to be recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, 12 October 2010
Thank you for reviewing the Comfort Suites Biltmore on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and safe and at a great location. I consider our rooms to be more of a studio suite because, as you mentioned, they are one room and do include a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and pull-out sleeper sofa. I realize that having one elevator can be an inconvenience and I thank you for your understanding. I hope that you stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel previously, and was very pleased. I returned this fall again, and was just as pleased. I travel with my furry children, and they have a nice area for walking the pets outside. The room is spacious and the bed was comfy! It was a ground floor room which is incredibly helpful with pets. Staff were couretous. The only negative was that on the day we were checking out, maid service knocked at least 4 times prior to the check out time - so my advice would be to use the 'DO NOT DISTURB' so that you can have peace until check out time!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad to hear that you & your furry children enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize that you were disturbed by the housekeeping staff before checkout. Your advice to other travelers to use the "Do Not Disturb Sign" will be very helpful to them. I am sure we will be welcoming you back soon! Happy fall to you!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

The room was a great surprise; we didn't expect such a large room with extra furniture (the TV could have been bigger) and such an excellent bed/pillows that we would like to buy them for home. The folks at the desk were courteous and helpful and the room clean and halls clean. There are quite a few restaurants in walking distance and the Biltmore estates is an easy 10-minute drive. The breakfasts were the best complimentary breakfast we've had: great selection (e.g., three kinds of fresh fruit and even scrambled eggs); nice eating area--roomy, clean, well organized, plentiful and everything quickly replentished--a coffee counter that is open 24 hours. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, 5 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time review the Comfort Suites Biltmore on Trip Advisor. It is always a thrill to read our guest's kind comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that you found your room to be spacious & clean. I am gald that you enjoyed our full, hot breakfast buffet as well. I will share your comments with our staff. We certainly look forward to your return visit!
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

I used a coupon I printede from Asheville visitor web site to check in. The lobby was very clean and the staff was superb and charming.

I had a room with two double. The room was bigh enough to separate bed and sofa. Unfortunately the bath with shower was quite small but clean with granite countertop, tile floor. I found some mold near the shower and ceiling but overly it is clean enough for me to take bath. I have traveled alot for fun and business and stayed in various class of hotel/motel/inns that you can imagine. This hotel desrves better rating.

The location would be perfect for a lot of folks. K-mart and various stores are walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel seems old but I'd say it's well maintainced and it seems good house keeping work was performed by staff.

Advantage: Price, Charming Staff, Pretty lobby, Big parking, Clean room, Awesome location.

Disadvantage: small bathroom.

I'd stay here again if there is a chance.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, 29 September 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We certainly appreciate your business and are glad that you found our hotel to be clean and inviting at such a great location. Our staff will be thrilled to hear your kind words about them. We are sure we will see you again soon!
Early, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

We were traveling for two weeks and had car trouble. We called ahead and front desk gave us the number to the Ford dealership which made arrangements for repair. We ended up having to stay an extra night and Mikal on the front desk was extremely helpful in helping us with the necessary changes and suggesting two very good restuarants to eat at. Both were exceptional. The rooms were excellant and the breakfast very satisfying. Thanks Mikal for all the help and friendly personality. You helped to make our misfortune quite comfortable. Kudo's for your kindness!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, 27 September 2010
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of Comfort Suites Biltmore! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Mikal gave you such friendly customer service. He will be delighted to hear your comments. I know you will be staying with us again soon! Happy travels to you!
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

My husband and I stay there a lot. Our granddaughter, son and DIL live in Asheville and we live all the way over on the coast. We try to visit as often as possible to see our GD growing and changing and sometimes babysit. They have a very small house, so we stay at Comfort Suites. Sometimes we even take our dog, who is always welcomed and loved by the staff. The rooms are neat and the beds are sooooo comfy. And the staff is very friendly and accommodating. They are almost like family! They are the best part about staying there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, 17 September 2010
Our staff prides themselves in making our guests feel like they are in their home away from home! I am delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us so frequently & it brought a warm smile to my face to know that our staff makes your visits with us so enjoyable. We love our furry guests too & look forward to many more return trips from you! See you again soon!
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

We did not have a reservation and stopped to see if thee was a room available. Mikal was at the front desk and greeted me with a vey glad to see you and welcome. Accomodations were very nice and he was very helpful with suggestions of resturants. Our business collegues came back to the hotel after dinner and Mikal greeted us promptly and asked if we needed anything while we set in the lobby and discussed our business. We will look for other Comfot Suites when we travel in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I want to thank you for selecting the Comfort Suites Biltmore during your recent stay in Asheville, NC. I will personally thank Mikal for providing you with such warm customer service. It is very important to the staff and management of the hotel that we exceed our guest's expectation. I am glad that you found our hotel to be nice & clean as well. Thank you again for staying with us & we look forward to your return!