Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 August 2011

It's not the most interesting of hotels. The breakfast is sub-par. You would do better with just going continental on the breakfast, or walking next door to Waffle House! Most upscale hotels leave the newspaper at your door, here its on a table near the lobby. The room wasn't the cleanest of rooms either. Small gnats or ants around the tub. Also, we had a storm, while we were there, and the run off of rain on the side of the building was like a muddy waterfall, which makes coming in the side entrance to the hotel impossible. If I had a choice of staying elsewhere, I would have left. Since, I prepaid, I stayed. I would not recommend this place to a friend! The staff at the front desk are helpless when it comes to asking for directions.

1  Thank ewoo23
cx_aatr, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), NC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your
recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your
expectations.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is
clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can
be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not
disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a
guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay
with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We just returned from a pleasant stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Asheville and can't say enough good things about the experience. Check-in was smooth and our room was exactly as promised. The cleanliness of the overall facility and our room in particular was impressive. Equally impressive was the fact that everything was in working order.
The room was comfortably furnished, had a flatscreen TV and wireless internet . Additionally, a nice breakfast buffet was included. The Country Inn certainly exceeded our expectations and was an excellent value. It was obvious that the management and staff take great pride in their work and go out of their way to make certain that their guests feel welcomed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!!! Have a great summer.!!

Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and i stayed here for one night and had EXCELLENT service. The hotel is clean and comfortable. There are fresh baked cookies and coffee available for you at anytime.
The staff is accomodating and knowledgable about the area (Asheville has so much to do and so many places to eat...if you want some recommendations let me know).
The fitness center is small with 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, and a multi purpose weight machine, but it is available and there is a tv.
The hot breakfast is terrific and free. The offer waffles, bacon, eggs, potatoes, cereal, pastries. Really you can get your fill before you head out for the day.
My recommendation is to definitely stay here and get some of the best service around.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), NC, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We appreciate the time you have taken to bring to our attention your feedback with regards to our staff and area. Please do come see us again.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We always stay at the Country Inn & Suites when we are in Asheville, and we've never had a bad experience here. The rooms are immaculate and the bathrooms spotlessly cleaned. The beds and pillows are always comfortable, and I never hear traffic noise from inside the room. The staff is always pleasant, professional, and helpful with anything I've asked, even with driving directions in the beautiful city of Asheville, and great restaurants. The free breakfast is amazing with such a great variety. Country Inn & Suites on Tunnel Road is a great deal for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Guest satisfaction is top priority at our hotel. For that reason we truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and breakfast. We hope that you will return at a future date to be impressed by the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

First class welcome by Steve, room was of a very high standard of cleanliness and bed very comfortable. Numerous extra pillows and bedding. Previous reviews were spot on. My wife and I would definitely stay again. Great stop on our vacation. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for your review and comments regarding our staff and bed. Your feedback will help us to grow and evolve and I thank you again for taking the time to rate your experience.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

I loved this hotel. The window actually open. The bedding was luxury duvet ,pillows. and nice towels. I hate cheap towels and bedding. The rooms come with nice views and large flat screen, great wi-fi.
The staff treated us as royality. You won't regret staying here. I would stay there again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Guest satisfaction is top priority at our hotel. For that reason we truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and towels. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

First, the good parts: this hotel is clean (a little mildew in the shower, but nothing major and I know that it pretty much unavoidable in the South..although I would suggest they install fans in their bathrooms) and I did not notice any bedbugs or anything of the sort. The employees were friendly and my bed was very comfortable, huge, and had about 9 or 10 pillows on it. I also enjoyed that the drapes in the room blocked out light, thus making it easier to sleep. The Wifi worked fine and the front desk actually called me as soon as I got in my room to make sure that everything was ok.

I would not, however, choose to stay here again for a few reasons...one huge one is that I did not appreciate receiving a phone call literally 2 minutes past check-out time (I was packing up!) asking if I wished to extend my stay for another night. Seriously? Two minutes past! I've never had that happen at any other hotel and I travel a lot. I just felt it was kind of unnecessary and a little rude, honestly.
Secondly, the room lacked a few things that I guess I took for granted would be there, one being a microwave. I can honestly say there have been very few hotels where I have stayed (that included cheap places like Red Roof Inn) that did not have a microwave in the room. The thing is, my dinner was a microwavable dinner...luckily the person at the front desk was nice enough to open one of the conference rooms downstairs for me so I could use the microwave in there. So there IS a microwave on the premises, it's just rather inconvenient to schlep all the way down there to use it. If anyone has been to Asheville before, you know the eating establishments can be rather expensive, so if you are trying to save a few bucks on meals, keep in mind that there are no microwaves in the rooms here.

There is a tiny refrigerator (NO freezer), but it's kind of oddly just plopped on the floor instead of being on a table top or something.

Also, I wish they would alter their breakfast (which is actually quite expansive) so that there is a protein for vegetarians. I picked up some eggs...only to find that there was ham in them, so I was unable to eat them. I feel bad for any other veggie who didn't realize the ham situation and actually bit into the eggs. I thought it was sliced of red pepper at first....

Lastly, the pool. I did not use it, but I sure could smell it. If you have chlorine sensitivities, just know that the scent is VERY strong...as soon as you walk in the door.

I don't think this hotel is a lost cause or anything. Like I said, very clean rooms, etc. but there are definitely a few things that could be fixed that would make me want to visit again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Spacegrrrl42
cx_aatr, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), NC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your
recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not
disappointed as you were