Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here for one night last week, on the recommendation of the other reviewers here. We were not disappointed by the quality of this hotel. We had a suite, which consisted of a very large room with microwave and refrigerator. No wall between bed and remainder of room, but unusually large for a hotel space. The bath was also large, with a shower head that had good flow and more than adequate size and quantity of towels. The room was exceptionally quiet. No sound penetrated into our room all night. Breakfast was good, with hot food (eggs, oatmeal, sausage gravy with biscuits, waffles) as well as the usual breads and juices. The location of the hotel is also good, with a very short (5 minute) drive to downtown. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back of the hotel, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My travel companion and I were hopelessly lost driving from Charlotte to Asheville. The staff at Country Inn & Suites were so patient when we had to keep calling to ask them to guide us there. I think the woman's name was Susan. She couldn't have been more welcoming. We got in late of course, and it was not a problem. She kindly recommended a nice place to get dinner (Pack's Tavern) and marked a map for us to find our way there and back.

The room was clean, quiet, and the beds were amazingly comfortable. Breakfast in the morning had many hot dishes to choose from. I was glad to hear that Country Inns and Raddison's are a family owned chain by Carlson, and would like to support this wonderful company by patronizing their establishment when I travel. Great job all around. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Only in Asheville for two days to attend my granddaughter's wedding. Wish I could have stayed longer in such a spacious room. Very clean quiet hotel with a great complimentary breakfast and other amenities. I strongly recommend Country Inn and Suites on Tunnel Rd., Asheville.

Room Tip: the king suites are quite spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a weekend getaway for our 30th anniversary. (Our kids surprised us with this amazing weekend gift!) We had a wonderful time. The staff was extremely pleasant, the rooms and hotel in general were exceptionally clean, the hot breakfast was amazing (even fresh fruit for the waffles!), and the location was perfect for every place we visited in Asheville! Even the flat screen TV (to watch some football!) and the comfortable beds were quite enjoyable! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLMarietta
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My friends and I were here for a weekend getaway to visit the local breweries. The staff went out of their way to assist us in enjoying our weekend. Devon made arrangements for a shuttle service to carry us from brewery to brewery and to local restaurants. This was a huge asset. The hotel is undergoing a nice renovation, but you could hardly tell, as the staff was on top of keeping things cleaned up and fresh. The rooms were clean and had a "no chemical", fresh aroma to them. Joe was also helpful in assisting the group. Check in/out quick, wake up calls on time and not an error on any billing since all of us divided the room charges.
Make time for the breakfast, as you will enjoy the waffles, fresh fruit and real china to enjoy the meal on!!

Room Tip: Upper floor as great for a nice view of Asheville.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Recently whilst travelling on vacatiion south, we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites, Tunnel Road in Asheville, NC. The hotel was very clean and the staff courteous and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were overcharged by $50.32. We were in a rush to leave, due to an emergency,and when I saw the bill, my husband said to call them later. When I called later, the front desk told me that I would need to speak w/Gita or Devon, the owners. When I spoke to Devon, he said that the bill was adjusted correctly. I let Devon know that the gentleman that did the adjustment told us that he would divide the 3 days to get the total amount to credit. Well, that did not happen. Devon said that the "screen" looked correct. As the owner, Devon wanted me to call back and talk with the gentleman who did the adjustment - after the staff told me that Gita or Devon were the only two who could do adjustments! Devon just kept on saying there was nothing he could do - basically, nothing he would do! As a owner, Devon did not care that he had a upset customer - which was totally evident!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank lasotx
Travellers also viewed these Asheville hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
The Residences at Biltmore
The Residences at Biltmore
#25 of 66 in Asheville
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Asheville Westgate, NC
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate)

Address: 199 Tunnel Road, Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC 28805-1844
Region: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > Asheville
#5 Green Hotel in Asheville
#8 Business Hotel in Asheville
#14 Family Hotel in Asheville
#18 Romantic Hotel in Asheville
Price Range: £75 - £201 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate) 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Asheville i-240-Tunnel Rd