Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Venice, Florida
“One of the Best Country Inns!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed in this CI about 7 years ago. It was okay then, but it's great now!

We're retired folks who don't like being up late with the young 'uns, so we ask to be on the top floor and hope the management puts more of our kind up there with us!

Each morning, the breakfast buffet was stocked with fresh rolls, muffins, bagels, etc. The sausage biscuits and gravy was restaurant quality. My wife liked the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries with her yogurt. Had bacon one morning and sausage patties the next. The 2nd morning they had two kinds of omelets that were excellent.

The hot tub was hot, the pool was cool, the rooms were clean and quiet and the staff was always helpful, especially giving us directions. The hotel location offers quick, easy access to downtown thru the tunnel. There are all kinds of restaurants up and down Tunnel Rd.

Looking forward to our third stay at this Country Inn!!!

Room Tip: If you shut the AC off, turn it on when you leave so the air is fresh when you return.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
cx_aatr, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hello and thanks for the great review you gave us !

We are glad you found us to be great after 7 years instead of the"ok" place you remembered. I am so happy we could accomodate your higher floor request and assume it was indeed quiet.We work hard to bring you the breakfast that you say was well-stocked, fresh and excellent! You noted that the pool temperatures were perfect, due our maintanence staff checking at regular intervals to assure temp and ph balance. Thank you so much for saying that our rooms were clean and the satff was helpful. You also did not leave out the fact that we are a quick and easy drive to downtown Asheville, the place to be! We look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! When you walk into this hotel it's complete 5 starts I've not seen a lobby this nice the floors was amazing,the fire place was very nice as well! Upon checking in I was greeted the lady at the front was very nice and helped us a lot with directions and places to eat. After getting getting into the room we walked in and it was nice and cool and fresh the bathroom was plenty big enough for the both of us at one time big shower, the beds I loved the most i never wanted to get up! Nice big new tv. we had a room in the back on 4th floor the woods in the back made it feel even more like a country inn! The breakfast was more than enough for me eggs, biscuits and gravy,bacon, it was different every day we went! Food was great and was kept clean!Overall I give this place 5 stars the staff we in countered on our stay always had a smile and was willing to help!! Thanks country inn for making our stay great! I've done booked for the fall when the leaves change!
Also thank you to the GM who helped us with our car trouble you was our life savior!!!

Stayed June 2014
cx_aatr, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), responded to this review, 6 June 2014
A sincere thanks to you very valued guest!
We are so pleased to hear about your experience with us.We are so delighted that you loved our renovations to the lobby. We are also very happy that you "loved" the bed so much that you didn't want to get up! I think I am personally going to have to spend the night here now! Although we are in a business district, I agree with you that the wooded view out back makes it feel "countryish". We are so glad that all the staff were smiling and helpful during your encounters with them. As you pointed out, we did in fact install brand new big tv's in all rooms this past month. We are so glad to hear that you have already set your reservations to return. Also, the manager was happy to assist you with your car troubles! Thank you so much again for the wonderful review!
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Convenient to downtown and Biltmore. Clean and nicely furnished. Fills the bill at a good price. Nice breakfast included. Close to large mall. Near most large roads. 10 minutes to Biltmore estate. Cannot Wal to restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello and thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us!
You are correct in stating that we are very convenient to not only downtown but also the mall and the Biltmore. I am so glad you enjoyed our large complimentary breakfast. The only point I wanted to differ with you was concerning walkable restaurants-we are a 1/4 mile form several chain restaurants that are accessible from the sidewalk.I am sorry you were not told about that.We do hope you will return !
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have to admit after my renovation fiasco in Augusta last weekend I was nervous when I pulled in and saw this CX was undergoing remodeling too!! BUT the second I opened the front door - I knew it was going to be a different experience. The lobby was BEAUTIFUL and the associates were so pleasant and helpful. about 30 minutes after checking in the front desk called to ask if I was happy with my room. The breakfast was the best I have had at any hotel I have stayed at in a long while. The set up of the food was great and it was clean and even at 1000am was stocked as if they had just started breakfast. The entire staff at this hotel was amazing -- the only reason that I didn't give it a 5 was that the a/c unit wasn't working as it should and we woke up hot in the night. We did not bother to call for assistance at 4am - but if we had, I am sure they would have been on it. Thank you Country Inn and Suites Tunnel road Asheville !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello and many thanks dear guest!
I am sorry to hear that you had previously had a less than great experience with our chain, and am so glad we made up for that. We are very proud of our renovations and glad it is making a favorable impact on our guests.I am so glad that the staff was helpful and pleasant when you were dealing with them. Thanks for telling readers about our great breakfast and how well stocked and clean our staff keeps it. I am so sorry your ac went out on you in the middle of the night, but am so glad that you knew we would remedy it right away! Thanks again, it's guests like you that make our jobs so pleasant !Please hurry back and let us treat you like family!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We recently visited Asheville for the first time and were very happy with Country Inn and Suites Tunnel Road. The hotel was quiet. The breakfast that is included was good. The location to downtown Asheville was excellent. It is literally a two mile drive down Tunnel Road. The price was much cheaper than the hotels in town. We would stay there again!

Room Tip: We had an actual suite with a room up front that had a pull-out couch and another tv. Great for a s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi and thank you!

We really appreciate your feedback about our property. You summed us up rather well as comfortable, convenient and affordable! In fact our brand's service value motto is "caring, consistent and comfortable!" I am so glad your 1st visit to Asheville was at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the quiet rooms and good breakfast. The location is a 3 minute drive to downtown and 10 minutes to Biltmore Estate. We usually run about half the cost of the downtown hotels! Please return to beautiful Asheville soon and feel right at home here at Country Inns on Tunnel Rd!
Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The bed is soft and hurts by back, but the room is quiet and spacious.
Breakfast is varied although zero vegetables are offered and this is not unusual for most cheaper properties.
However the room rates aren't cheap here. I suppose because it's Asheville in late May.
f
The TV is a cheap, dim. LCD and difficult to view in any light. But hopefully one has better things to do in Asheville than watch TV?

The Internet is the deal breaker. Even with a call to their tech people nothing materially changed and while their are multiple WIFI hotspots my Samsung smart phone rejects the connection as "too slow".
My wife cannot even connect on her iPhone.
It doesn't matter: the room or the common spaces downstairs are equally unusable.

Their Internet is worthless and I have set up a hotspot using my phone at my expense to obtain any usable Internet.

The front desk has been unhelpful in resolving this and refers us to their provider who seems equally helpless and clueless.

Stay elsewhere if you need any connectivity.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
cx_aatr, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Greetings valued guest!
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you found the rooms to be quiet and roomy. I am also happy you found there to be a large selection of items at our complimentary breakfast, despite lacking some vegetable choices. I do apologize for the internet connectivity being less than adequate for your needs. I am surprised that our tech support was not able to determine the problem. Incidentally, we have experienced no other complaints this past week concerning wifi. I hope you will forgive our staff for seeming less than helpful regarding your tech issues, I believe they just sincerely did not know what to do for you. Management with reinforce follow-up procedures for issues such as this, to make sure we have tried every available means of resolving the problem. Once again, we apologize for your issue, but do hope you will return and let us make you feel at home.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had been traveling a lot in the days before I arrived and I had more miles to go after I left. I was looking for a comfortable, enjoyable room convenient to Asheville and I got that. The small suite was bright, comfortable and clean. There was some remodeling going on downstairs but that did not cause any issue.
The staff was efficient and helpful and the breakfast buffet had a variety of items, which were tasty.
I'll be going back to this hotel my next trip to Asheville.

Room Tip: I believe my room was about 4 stories up, facing the road and near the elevator. That's the &qu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bruce H
cx_aatr, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you, valued guest, for speaking so well of us here at Country Inn and Suites on Tunnel Rd, Asheville, NC. I am so glad we fully provided a comfortable and enjoyable room for a road weary traveler! Thank you for letting other potential guests know that our final remodeling projects are not an incovenience. I am so glad that the staff was friendly and hard at work while you were here. Thanks for promising to return!