“Good quality for the price”

Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East
Ranked #39 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 10 March 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed here for an overnight trip to Asheville. We stayed in one of the suites with the jacuzzi in it. It was very nice for the price. Only aobut $90 which isnt terrible for a jacuzzi suite. The room was clean, the jacuzzi was great, and the bed was comfy. My only complaint was the pillows. It seems that all the choice hotel chains have pillows that are soft but your head sinks to the mattress as soon as you lay on them. I hate them, but being as that is my only complaint I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in Asheville. The location is close to the mall(only about 5 min drive).

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor as there are no elevators. Also the ice machine is at the front desk so if...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stayed here because my heat was out and was pleasantly suprised. Clean rooms, good breakfast and very nice staff. Loved the pet friendly room and 40" hdtv. Liked the low rate too! Very quiet for an exterior door hotel, well lit parking lot and liked parking in front of my room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mike A
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We have a wonderful Valentine at Quality Inn & Suites. We have stayed there before but this time we got a suite. Nice relaxing bed and tub. Since the weather was not too good we stayed in the room. Breakfast was good, and more then most Hotels. Staff very friendly and good with directions. They are close to the Biltmore, Down town, and the Highway. We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: For just a little more money try a suite
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Room/Suite #103 was ROACH carring eggs infested! We turned all the lights and air conditioning on (30 degree weather outside) hoping to keep the roaches (that were carring eggs) away. The room looked clean, but roaches were crawling everywhere. When we picked up the alarm clock they scattered everywhere. Having the lights and air conditioning on didn't keep them in hiding. We told the clerk at the front desk about it, his name is Scott, we also asked for the Manager, he said he was the manager. His attitude was very rude, it was obvious that he hates his job. He never apologized of offered any concern at all. I asked Steve (Manager) for a contact to let our concerns known and he gave me the number to the desk at the hotel. He said the hotel was locally owned, for some reason he would not let us speak or report this health problem to anyone. This was the worst place I have ever stayed. Like I said, it was clean, but looks were very deceiving. Before we could leave we had to shake all our clothes and suit cases out in the parking lot (cold weather) to be sure we were not taking any roaches in our items, then do a body shake on ourselves. I don't know about any of you folks but myself, I don't want any part of this type of place or person as rude as Steve was to us. This was on 2-9/10-2013. Last week!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank T M
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We found this hotel by picking up a coupon book from the rest area. After driving all day we were tired and wanted to stop for the night, we were greeted by a lady at the desk, the first thing I noticed was her shirt looked like it had been put on straight out of the hamper, but decided to overlook this. We presented the coupon and she agreed to split the bill onto 2 different credit cards. We parked in front of our room and took our luggage in, the room was simple, yet appeared clean. As I walked into the bathroom I noticed a spot on the carpet that appeared to be food, took a quick shower, ( the shower was fantastic). As I went to leave the bathroom I looked into the long mirror on the far wall and noticed a bunch of hair, from a person that shaved, on the wall. I went immediately to the phone all called the front desk, they offered to change our room but 3 of the people in our party were already laying down, we asked for a credit instead. The next morning I had an opportunity to speak with the manager when I went over all these issues she was obviously appalled. She was tripping over herself apologizing and gave a us a very generous credit on our room which was already low due to the coupon. Would I stay here again? Yes. Why, because it was obvious when talking with the manager that I mattered, that my concerns mattered and she took step to correct the issues while I was standing at the counter. Also, the bed was surprisingly comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2013

In regards to renovations, this property has updated all their TV sets to flat-screen panels. But don’t bet on being able to catch your favorite shows and movies in style just yet.

Like magic, don’t be tricked by the smoke and mirrors. Updating those prehistoric television sets won’t hide what concerns most guests about this hotel, poor customer relations.

Some guests have mentioned in other reviews that apparently this hotel is thriving on practicing “poor customer service.” When it comes to billing the daily rate for example, it is with no surprise that another guest besides me experienced the same situation where the staff “changed different amount without telling us.”

To make matters worse, this change of heart took place right after our first night’s stay where the heater, microwave, refrigerator, and those nice looking (smoke and mirrors) flat-screen TV’s were not working. What a nightmare!

By the way, as another reviewer also mentioned, the problem with the TV sets not properly working were confirmed by a front desk clerk. They are all defective! So successfully catching your favorite shows and movies will sure feel like a gamble.

In addition to the disruption to your viewing pleasure, your nose may be subjected to an unpleasant and uncomfortable odor. Cigarettes!

You see, the property used to be a smoking resort for many years until recently when they decided to “convert” all rooms to non-smoking. The problem in my situation is that my daughter’s lungs are extremely sensitive and they have always struggled to deal with the lingering residue a cigarette leaves behind, she is asthmatic. So before I made the reservation I made sure the facility was non-smoking, which it relentlessly advertises.

Apparently the problem is that the cigarette residue left behind from all the “good years” seems to be so deeply embedded in the rooms that even maintenance admitted there is no way of getting rid of the everlasting pest. Not even with an air purifier as the general manager suggested. So you might want book elsewhere if you too are sensitive to the nicotine odor.

To make this long review seem shorter, as if this review isn’t already long enough, the nightmare that night was far too real.

Place your bet on another hotel, perhaps towards the downtown area about 10 minutes away. Avoid this property that might as well be located on Elm Street because of their horrific guest reviews. Your odds at a sweeter dream will be greater.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank juli n
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Good value for what we paid ($60 on Expedia). Motel design with all rooms opening to exterior. We had 2 rooms and found them nicer than expected for the price and exterior apperance of property. Microwave and fridge were bonus. Location was fully booked (mostly families) so breakfast was extremely crowded but good. Don't plan on getting a workout in the fitness room - it was a joke. Good access to I-40. Would stay there again, but remember it is nothing fancy!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family