“Very nice and super clean!!”

Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Charlotte
“Very nice and super clean!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2006

I always read about other people's experience before I book any hotel, I found in most of the comments how clean they said the hottel was and that is the most important thing for me so my family and I decided to go there. We got a very nice and super clean room, the bathroom was big and clean too. I liked the microwave and the fridge in the room. The pool was nice, and the breakfast was great!!! . I loved the fresh waffles that we made, and the fresh fruit...everything was excellent. I will go back there again!!!

• Liked — CLEAN STUFF
  • Disliked — THE KING ROOM WAS NOT BIG
  • Tips/Secrets — TRY THE BREAKFAST IS EXCELLENT!! THERE IS A MICROWAVE AND FRIDGE IN THE ROOM AND THERE IS A GAS STATION ACROSS THE STREET
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank larita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 26 July 2006

The hotel was average. It seemed like a very old motel that Quality Inn renovated. The rooms were not fancy but clean. The price was reasonable for the quality of room.

But of all the hotel options in Asheville we discovered, it would not be at the top of my list.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MSA1972
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 13 July 2006

Stayed at the hotel for a 2 night stay while vacationing in Asheville. Location was great. Easy access to all the area sights.

I felt our room was overpriced - $150.00 a night - but it was near the 4th of July. Our room was super tiny - yet clean. Bathroom was HUGE! However, there were stains all over the floor and the outside of the toliet was stained with yellow paint. Kind of gross. But other than that the room was immaculate. I believe we were in room 250 or 252.

The parking lot was very dirty. Half filled trash bags in the bushes, trash in corners. I thought maybe it was just while the housekeepers were working, but it stayed there the whole time we were at the hotel.

Didnt check out the breakfast or the pool. Front desk staff was helpful.

This hotel does allow pets, which was very nice. There is a small pet fee.

I would stay here again if it was the only option. But would probably try to find something a little nicer.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank onmyway78
Reviewed 5 July 2006

I am very surprised at some of the negative reviews that I have read on this site regarding this Quality Inn. I was very impressed with the facility. Our room was on the first level. It was quiet, very clean, and very nicely priced. The pool was nice and heavily used, but not too noisy. The breakfast was very adequate. I liked the microwave in the room.
The location worked out very well. Initially, I was concerned that it wasn't in the "heart" of Asheville. However, as it turned out, it really was quite convenient to get to all of the important locals. Absolutely, I would return.

• Stayed July 2006
Cumming, GA
Reviewed 20 June 2006

My husband and I stayed here for few nights to visit Asheville and the Biltmore. The motel was a great value. I'm very hesitant to stay at motels with exterior entrances but it turned out to be a nice, quiet place...mostly older couples, families and business travellers. They had a complimentary expanded continental breakfast and a tv to watch the morning news. They had warm cookies in the afternoons. The hotel was recently remodeled. The rooms were kind of small but fine for 2 people. It was very clean. The best part is we picked up some coupon books at a rest stop on the way to Asheville and got the room for $49.99 each night!!

There is a new sports bar close by called Ham's. They had very good "pub" food - big portions at low prices.

• Stayed May 2006
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 20 June 2006

We stopped here on our way home from a 2 week long trip, and after a long day in the car, this hotel was great. I was really surprised at how nice and new the rooms were, especially at the price of $60 per night. Everything was new and extremely clean. The bathroom was nice and very big, and even had a curved shower rod so the shower curtain (clean) in not in your face--the same amenity I loved at the much posher Westin hotel we stayed at. The room was a little cramped, and it is true the parking is a pain, but overall it was great. The only thing that irked me was the rudeness of the people who lingered at the very few breakfast tables during breakfast in the morning while at least 15 people were standing.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank TXSoonerGal
Highland, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2006

Because of this place we cut our vacation short and did not go to the Biltmore Estate. Looked more like a $20 a night motel instead of the $69 a night we spent. I would not consider this a hotel but a budget motel without the budget. The steps going up to our room were dirty and rusted. Some of the people staying there looked straight out of the movie Deliverance. The air conditioner in our room made a terrible noise on LOW so had to have it on HIGH all night which froze us. The small refrigerator in the room made a dripping noise all night. The room looked clean but the beds were not so great. There was a couple of bugs in the bathroom. The high speed internet did not work although the front desk person said otherwise. Also the lady at the front desk was not too friendly. Also the doctors scale in the exercise room did not work. The wireless connection in the lobby did work. Slept poorly due to all the problems. Thank God we were on our way home from a week on the ocean.