“Didn't expect this much better!”

Econo Lodge Biltmore
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Last visit was not as well enjoyable as this visit to the Econolodge Biltmore. The renovations are beautiful. So many changes have taken place since last two years. No stains on bedsheets or towels, clean bathroom, clean and fresh smelly rooms. Convenient service with great customer service staff. Best of all, the hotel still costs less. Loved it along with my family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Elena B
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Front Desk Receptionist at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for your review of our Econo Lodge Biltmore in Asheville! We are really glad to hear that you enjoyed our renovations, customer service, and our rates. We really appreciate your comments, and hope to serve you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Over the years we have stayed at this hotel over 20 times. They have the best rates and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. Also it is a quick cab ride to downtown.
We have never had any issues. Close to great restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Front Desk Receptionist at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for your review of our Econo Lodge Biltmore in Asheville! We are so happy to hear that you have stayed with us many times over the years, we truly appreciate your business, and comments! We are glad to know that our location is perfect for you, and that you enjoy our rooms, and rates. We hope to continue providing you with excellent service for more years to come. Thanks again!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The rooms and beds were clean (we rented 2) and the desk clerk friendly. It looks like Econo Lodge is trying to update the rooms as it appeared to have newer furniture and flatscreen tv's than those in the pictures. One of the rooms had an issue with the bathroom but the clerk had it fixed within 15 minutes from the time I notified him. The rooms had that typical musty smell that goes away after you turn on the ac. The outside of the rooms were a different story, the parking spaces on the office side of the building are very narrow and are difficult pulling out of especially between two other vehicles and being close to a block wall behind you didn't help. We felt very closed in and at night it felt kind of creepy due to the low lighting.

Room Tip: The left side of the hotel doesn't feel as creepy, it a lot more open.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Front Desk Receptionist at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your review of our Econo Lodge Biltmore in Asheville! We are glad to hear that you liked our rooms, and customer service! We are currently continuing renovations in/on our property, and the outside/parking lot is something we will definitely be working on soon as well! We definitely appreciate your input, and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have recently stayed last weekend and enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and tidy, the microwave was clean and spotless and without any smell (recent stays at other hotels had dirty microwaves). The staff was very understanding and greeted me with respect. The internet was working up to its speed.appreciative place.

• Stayed: July 2013
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Front Desk Receptionist at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thanks for your review of our Econo Lodge Biltmore in Asheville! We really appreciate your comments about our rooms, and our service! We strive to maintain our rooms, and everything in them perfectly clean, and tidy. We are very glad to know you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Very welcoming receptionist. Good room, good location for our needs. Just what we wanted for an economy motel. This is not a luxury motel but we didn't expect it. The two day pass to the Biltmore estate is a good deal if it is always available and you don't prepurchase tickets. At the motel counter tickets are 58 dollars for 2 days vs 59 dollars for 1 day at the gate. Earlier purchases get better discounts on the net.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Penooka

Thank you for your review of our Econo Lodge Biltmore in Asheville! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you liked our rooms/location, as well as our service! Glad to know that you were able to get a great deal for your Biltmore Tickets with us. We hope that you enjoyed the Biltmore and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

To give credit where due, the room and beds were clean and the desk clerk friendly, however the positives stop there. Paint was peeling off the ceiling and wall in the bathroom, the room smelt and felt damp, (I think it was condensation from the AC unit) The high speed internet could only be considered high speed if it was racing a turtle. The parking spaces are very narrow and are difficult pulling out of between two other vehicles being close and a rock wall behind. The topper of the whole trip - getting a call as we came back into our room Friday night @ 10:30 and being told we owe more money since we have four people in our room. STALK MUCH??? I actually called before I booked the hotel to check rates. I was quoted a price and asked if it mattered that there would be 4 people in my room and the man said no, all the same. I told the desk clerk I would talk with him in the morning and how uncomfortable it made me to feel like we were being watched/stalked. The next morning I took my computer and showed the desk clerk that Sat.'s rates showed 59.99 and even when you add 2 extra people it was still cheaper than what I payed, and that I had an internet guaranteed low price. He said he would speak to the manager that evening and let me know. I specifically told him I DID NOT want my credit card billed with out my approval/knowledge. We got back to the room late that evening and did not hear from him, however I went to the desk at 9am Sun and he was gone and another clerk there and when I checked out there was an additional charge of $20.00 billed to my credit card! When I questioned her she said the night desk clerk said he spoke to me about the additional charge. I was so angry! I guess their policy is to get all the money you can now because they don't get return guest. I WONDER WHY!!!

Room Tip: All rooms open to the outside and there are tons of security cameras.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tungate5
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Manager at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Ms. Tungate, first off we would like to thank you for staying with us, and for your review of our property, and for acknowledging our cleanliness, and customer service!

Now, to address the issues with your stay, the Security Cameras that we have installed on the property are for the security of our property, and our guests. We assure you, we are not stalking anyone. About the paint, and smells, we are currently continuing our remodeling, and paint is definitely one of the things that we will be updating, and taking care of, but during your stay, we did not receive any complaints about these things, it was when you checked out that you notified the clerk about these things. The Wi-Fi is something that we have recently worked on with our Internet Service Provider, and is definitely working right. This too was not told to anyone until you checked out.

You notified us about 2 Adults, and 2 Children, but you didn't tell us the children were 18 years old, under law they are considered adults. There were 4 Adults, therefore there is an extra charge for extra people for staying in the room.

I can assure you, that is not our policy. We care about each of our guests, equally. We have many "Regulars" that stay with us often, we have no need for "trying to get all the money we can", we are a reputable business, that strives to meet the needs of each and everyone of our guests, and I am sorry that your needs were not satisfied during your stay. Again, thank you.

- Management

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The renovations are pretty cool. The front desk staff was very calm and helpful with the check in. The staff had called to check in if everything was fine. The rooms were much better. The view from nonsmoking room is relaxing and natural. Worth staying here and paid what the hotel is worth for

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jamey3876
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Front Desk Receptionist at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you for your review of our Econo Lodge Biltmore in Asheville! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our renovations, and our service! Again, thank you for staying with us, and reviewing. We hope to serve you again in the future!