“Non-smokers beware!”
Review of Motel 6 Asheville

Motel 6 Asheville
Ranked #56 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I checked into a non-smoking room. It reeked of stale and fresh cigarette smoke from the beginning and fresh smoke lasted all night, even w/ the vent fan going. It was so bad I literally could not breathe. They did offer to spray deodorizer in the room, which would have made a bad situation worse (at least for me). The room next door was not marked "non-smoking".

The bed I had was not that comfortable, but then again, the past two nights at different chains I had pillow top beds not much more price point than the Motel 6.

Cleanliness - it looked clean, w/ old, stained fixtures it's hard to say.

I've stayed here before over the years, where the experience had been better. My last stay here.

Room Tip: Avoid if you want to avoid cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wilson59604
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear wilson59604 - We sincerely apologize for your recent unpleasant stay; as you know, the odor and comfort issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

cleanliness is a sliding scale. the room looked superficially clean but on further inspection ;
pubic hair left in the shower.
vomit stains in the toilet.
smell of mold and smoke in the room alough
cigarette burn holes in the sheets.

beds were comfortable though. The hotel wasnt too noisy although not too far from I-40 .
shades werent good for the one window. all night there was light leakage from exterior light into the room.

used the working ice machine.
asked for an extra pillow at front desk and got it.

I asked for a full refund for my room and got it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 371michaelw2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear 371michaelw2013 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and odor issues you encountered during your stay with us. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while I went round the Biltmore Estate and had a great stay. The people on the front desk were very friendly, the room was clean and comfy and it was non-smoking and there wasnt any smell of smoke, there was parking right outside my room. I had no problems while I was staying here. I had a problem with the air conditioning and a member of staff came and sorted it straight away. I would definitely stay here again.
I did hear the train a few times but it never disturbed me during the night.
This hotel is a great location for exploring the Biltmore Estate, it is only a 5/10 minute drive away.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2013

ok for the price, but a train went past late at nite a few times, coffee tasted like dirt. It was right off the interstate, was located in asheville east and only took a few minutes to get downtown. not knowing the area aI booked at this one in the east I would suggest to go with the oine in the north there might not be a train going past late at nite.

Room Tip: dont get a smoking room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The place is run down and the room smelt like smoke even though it was a "non smoking" room. Comforter had food on on it. Train comes through several times during the night and is very loud. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Got in the room and it smelled of some cleaning agent probably to hide the smell. Blanket had stain and a hole from a cigarrette. I asked for a non smoking room. Just felt creepy, hair still in the sink. Was cheap last minute and I didn't look around because I was tired. Keep looking. I love the picture of the pool in the ad. Slightly more green and dirty was the water.. No breakfast and no free internet..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Fred26
Reviewed 19 August 2012

If you ever go to Ashville, NC...  DO NOT stay at the Motel 6 on Tunnel Rd (just off the Blue Ridge Parkway). They may be one of the few pet friendly hotels in the area, but our dog came home invested with fleas. Our dog is on flea preventative and never had fleas before that stay. Not only that, we had to go through 4 rooms before we found one that did not smell. This was not our first choice to stay there, but was the only hotel that took pets that had vacancy (all other pet friendly places were sold out).

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family