“Nice Stay”

Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Excellent staff and accomadations. Very nice/clean rooms. Only concern is there is no accomadations for at least a covered smoking area. Now you have to go outside in the weather/rain/snow and stand to enjoy a cigar/cigarette. They are still legal products. Don't care about smoking in the room or smoking in an area that imposes on on non-smokers. I chose this hotel because of my wife. If it had been just me I would have stayed at other hotel that allows smoking as I usually do. I average 75+ hotel stays a year for my job (20+ stays in Asheville area alone). I use to stay at this hotel exclusively for many years before DoubleTree took it over because they had smoking accomadations.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Don't know about other sections of this hotel, but the Cecil Wing has VERY small bathrooms, cramped space for even one average-sized person! Nicely appointed, just too small. The king bedroom size was good, with a sofa - much liked having something to sit on besides the bed. Sofa was a "sleeper" but we did not need for sleeping.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had a great time at this hotel. cookies and swimming was our family favorite. tgifriday in the hotel was good too. excellent location to the Biltmore house. we were a family of 4 and liked having a balcony as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel ranks as one of the tops in the world for me. I visited there with my wife on my 39th wedding anniversary. I travel and stay at Hilton hotels all over the world. However, this is the first time I ever received a welcome email Two days before I arrive. Such a WOW factor. I responded and told them it was my anniversary and my first visit during the email conversation. The manager, Andrew, rolled out the red carpet and treated my wife like royalty. What a surprise! The accommodations were heavenly and overall services created an atmosphere of sheer elegance. I found everything from the reservation through our departure done with a compassion for service excellence and an intensity for customer satisfaction. While Andrew certainly exceeded all expectations, I was extremely impressed with each person on the staff. They did not know me. But from the front doorman, to the room service lady, to the wonderful two ladies in the breakfast areas, even the housekeeping lady on the elevator, everyone one greeted me and others with such genuine enthusiasm. I felt that everyone I encountered or observed was delighted to shower the customers with smiles, warm, and sincere blessings. Even two employees on a break outside took the time to express sincere greetings and thanked me for visiting their home. It is a pleasure to visit a hotel where everyone treats customers like family. It is a pleasure to stay at a Hilton where the room is so comfortable and pleasant.

This Hilton Doubletree of Asheville have set the standard for excellence in service, accommodations, comfort and quality.

I am excited to return to this hotel as soon as possible. I will recommend this hotel to anyone that I know is coming to the Asheville area

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

If you are concerned about privacy regarding your credit card number, do not stay here. I had to send in a credit card authorization. I called four times to speak with management about a way of getting around sending my credit card info in by fax. Management spoke to me as if I was a gnat. Had I not been giving this as a gift and under a time restraint, I would not have chosen this hotel and never will again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Donnie B
Reviewed 5 February 2014

You will not be disappointed in this hotel. Regular business traveler. Stayed here for recreation. It is almost walking distance to the Biltmore House and close to the Interstate to travel nearby. %-7 minutes from Downtown Asheville as well.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had a lovely 3-day stay. Staff was friendly, helpful, and very responsive. The room was clean and quiet; free WiFi much appreciated. Reservation, check-in, and check-out efficient and uneventful. Close to boutique shopping and very good restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business