Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Brookstone Lodge(Asheville)
1,538 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiestgi fridaysgreat locationducker tea roomnice hotelwalking distancefront desk stafffirst floorbreakfast buffetshort driveclose to downtowntgifridaysbiltmoreconferencepetvanderbilt
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Had a nice stay here during a family birthday getaway. Very clean hotel, and staff was quite helpful and courteous. Only real problem we had was the air conditioner just never seemed to get the room cool. Note however that while this is within walking distance to the entrance of the Biltmore estate you will probably want to drive since it is a few miles from entrance to actual house.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
BFH_Marketing, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Amber K -

I'm glad that our DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville Biltmore was able to accommodate you during your family birthday getaway. Its always a pleasure to be able to stay in a nice, friendly environment for these fun, family events. I apologize about the air conditioning situation, and hope that you had an opportunity to report this to our engineering staff.

We are in hopes that when you come back to Asheville, NC that you will be able to stay with us again.

Herb R. Arnold

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights with the objective of enjoying Asheville, NC for 1 day and hiking in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park on another. It should be mentioned that I am a Hilton Gold Card member but usually stay at the Hilton but chose to give the Doubletree a try. Misses- I checked in on a Friday and the only person at the counter was a trainee left by herself. Needless to say there was a line and she kept apologizing for being just a trainee but also made some rude comments about customers who do not like to wait. I am unclear to whom she was referring since there was a line and the woman behind me had two kids who started to misbehave due to the wait. Where other staff was is beyond me since the next morning when I went to get breakfast there were two gentlemen working the counter at 6:30 AM! Seems like poor management scheduling to me.

Secondly, I was given room 516 and not offered an upgrade which is usually normal for Hilton Gold Customers. The room was small and the bathroom was very small. It reminded me more of a Days Inn or Red Roof Inn. Moreover the ice machine and soda machine are directly across the hall from this room instead of in a separate room or next to the elevators. I was woken up several times due to "ice runs." If you insist on staying here DO NOT GET THIS ROOM.

Hits- good breakfast food. Nice variety and options. Second- Good housekeeping; room was always kept clean. Third-Location; next door to the Biltmore Estate and a couple of blocks across the street is Biltmore village and its many shops. A five minute drive to downtown Asheville and easily access to I-40.

Overall, when the plusses and minuses are added up, I give this hotel a ranking similar to that I would give a Holiday Inn, or a Days Inn. I used my Hilton points for my stay and would not pay the full asking price per room for this hotel. There are any options in Asheville and you may wish to consider whether a free chocolate chip cookie is worth the difference. I even think the Hampton on Tunnel Rd is a better value and a better experience than this supposed Hilton property upgrade. The Hilton on I-26 is the best Hilton property in Asheville by far.

Room Tip: Stay away from 516 and the ice machine from hell.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jjmat49022

Jjmat -

Thank you for your feedback on our DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville Biltmore. We love hearing that we hit the mark with your comments about our nice breakfast, good housekeeping and convenient location to many attractions. When a guest feels we miss the mark, we will always treat this as a learning experience and address those concerns. There is always a starting point with each new Front Office trainee, and we promise to educate them in all areas of guest service. This will provide a congenial arrival experience for our guests. I'm sorry about the noisy ice machine, and will have our Engineering department look at these units to see if they can make them run more quietly for your return visit.

Thank you for you comments.

Herb R. Arnold

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent the past weekend in Asheville, NC enjoying the Biltmore Village. It is a beautiful place to walk around with plenty of nice shops and restaurants. I was able to use Hilton Honor points for our (2) nights at the Doubletree. The hospitality was exceptional, as well as the breakfast. It's always nice to travel and still have the comfort of home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BFH_Marketing, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Greg O,

We love our HHonors guests! We are thrilled to read your review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville-Biltmore! Its great that you enjoyed our beautiful location in Biltmore Village, and that our team showed you our exceptional customer service while you stayed with us. We look forward to having you back soon!

Lauren McDevitt
Marketing and Guest Relations
DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville-Biltmore

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Through our reservations with DoubleTree and their association with The Biltmore House, our experience over the weekend couldn't have been any better. Staff, food and room was all excellent. We felt we were appreciated and everyone made our stay enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
BFH_Marketing, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear ThomasM

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our DoubleTree in Asheville, NC. We love that you enjoyed the convenience and guest service at our property.

We hope that when you return to the mountains of Asheville, NC, you will once again choose our DoubleTree.

Sincerley,

Herb Arnold
DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville-Biltmore

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great location just outside entrance to the Biltmore. Grounds are beautiful, great breakfast, quiet rooms back from road. Hotel adjoins a Friday's with an outdoor poarch and you receive 20% discount with room key.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton