We selected this property based on the outstanding Trip Advisor reviews. While there are some pros there are definitely some cons that people should be aware of especially if they are contemplating paying full price.
1) It is recently refurbished
2) All nonsmoking (INSIDE, but not Outside)
3) Queen suite was clean and spacious (but not much privacy between bed and sleep sofa)
4) They give you free water bottles whenever you ask
1) A REALLY long wait for breakfast. This might have been ok if it only happened when the hotel was full, but the host said they frequently have a wait. The room is tiny for the size of the hotel and it is incomprehensible why they do not expand it into the large 2nd lobby area. (They did comp breakfast after my complaints of a 30+ min wait that was supposedly going to be 10-15 min, and that I was treated rudely)
2) Incredibly slow elevator. People carried luggage up to the 5th floor and beat the elevator.
3) The location is not really a pro and does not justify the extra cost. You really need a car once you get inside Biltmore anyway, and crossing the street into Biltmore village is not easy.
4) The marketplace for food snacks had a rather limited selection
Indoor pool and jacuzzi area are what one would expect. Humid and noisy but fun for kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville-Biltmore, an Asheville-based Biltmore Farms Hotels property, is a full-service hotel located one block from The Biltmore Estate and within walking distance of the historic Biltmore Village’s quaint shopping and restaurant district. This newly renovated 197-room hotel offers guests a distinctive upscale ambience in a relaxing atmosphere, and a complimentary warm fresh-baked DoubleTree cookie upon arrival. The DoubleTree’s recently completed renovations include improvements to its Cecil Wing Guest Rooms, lobby, public and meeting space, as well as the additions of a state-of-the-art e-Lounge Business Center and Market Place. Additional amenities include an indoor pool, complimentary high speed wireless Internet, an ultra-modern fitness facility and more. Our in-house DoubleTree Catering offers a variety of culinary and event options, ranging from small corporate meetings to full-scale weddings. The DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville Biltmore is a drop-off and pick up point for the Historic Asheville Trolley Tours and is only minutes from downtown Asheville, major interstates, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Asheville airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Biltmore Asheville
- Doubletree Asheville
- Asheville Doubletree