“Amazing hotel double tree”

Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 10 August 2014

this hotel was so wonderful. The food was great the pool was so relaxing with the whirlpool. Also i could not believe it one of the people on the waiter staff named Wendy waited on us and she was a wonderful nice person and was great at her job.

Room Tip: get the dream it gives you free breakfast for a few days.
1  Thank maddie101
BFH_Marketing, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Maddie 101 -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. It was nice to see that you found your accommodations comfortable, and our hotel in a great location in Biltmore Village. I will be sure to notify our management of Wendy's excellence in the food service area.

Our staff prides itself on congeniality and the cleanliness of our hotel, and we are glad you got to enjoy that aspect of our guest service. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon the next time you travel to Asheville, NC.

DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville Biltmore

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel is welcoming, efficient, and very close to Biltmore attractions. Beds are quite comfortable, and decor is pleasant. Our room was quiet and restful. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful and tried to meet our needs. We appreciated the large closet and in-room safe. The flat screen TV did not offer a good picture, and there was no mini-fridge in the room. The bathroom was spotless and well-equipped, but it was so small, only one person could be in there at a time. There is no fee to park in the large parking garage. Our only real complaint other than the tiny bathroom is that this hotel allows pets in the rooms. My back was covered with cat hair after I sat in the upholstered chair, and my eyes were itchy and red the next morning. The front desk offered to move my room, though, and sent housekeeping to clean. The warm cookies or apples upon check-in are a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for pet-free room if you are allergic to cats or dogs

Dear Margaret P -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. It was nice to see that you found your accommodations comfortable, and our hotel in a great location in Biltmore Village. I will pass on the information on the TV to our Engineering team to address.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I unfortunately ran into a couple booking related issues during my recent visit. The premium room I booked for 4 nights was not available the night I checked in because they had overbooked the premium rooms. I was downgraded rather than upgraded for my first night and then moved to the premium room for the remainder of my stay. The person who checked me in was very apologetic and promised to reduce my rate for the first night by $50. Then when I received my bill, the $50 discount was not shown AND the nightly rate for the entire stay was $10 higher per night than what I was quoted when I booked the room. The bill was corrected and they were again apologetic, but dealing with errors like this during a relaxing vacation is frustrating.
I ordered room service twice during our stay. Breakfast room service was perfect and right on time. However, the BLT & fries I ordered the night I checked in was delivered cold and was rather unappetizing.
Even with these slips in service, I would still stay at this hotel again. The location is great for Biltmore visits and is within a short drive to lots of great restaurants and wine bars. The hotel is very easy to get to from the highway. The hotel was clean and very nice. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and updated. The standard king room I stayed in my first night was a bit small, but the premium king room with the balcony was fantastic and definitely worth the upgraded price.

Room Tip: The premium room with the balcony is worth the higher rate for the extra space in the room as well a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Holly J -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. It was nice to see that you found your accommodations comfortable, and our hotel in a great location in Biltmore Village. I'm glad that your billing was corrected since we want your stay to always be a relaxing one. I'm glad that you enjoyed breakfast, and I will make sure that evening room service maintains the appropriate temperature for your food in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you plan to visit the Biltmore Estate, then this is a great hotel to stay in. It is also an easy drive to downtown Asheville and the River Arts District.

Rooms are standard Doubletree. Great beds, small bathrooms.

Make sure you take advantage of the courtyard. It's filled with wonderful plants and flowers and is a great place to enjoy a cup of coffee. I mention the coffee because instead of having a hotel restaurant, there is a TGI Friday's where the hotel restaurant should be.

At breakfast, there is a small room that has a buffet. It was good and if it gets crowded, there is outdoor seating, too.

One small complaint...the elevators. This is a 5 story property, but the elevators are single ones placed at opposite ends of the sections of the hotels. We decided we'd walk down and ride up.

So, there you have it. It's the nicest of the chains in this part of town, parking is free, and Biltmore village is just steps away.

Dear Dan Cohen55 -

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The grounds were beautiful, rooms were comfortable, and the staff was very nice. The location of the ice machines was inconvenient and should have on each floor. Food for breakfast was good and the definitely stay here again.

Dear Deannne O-

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. I'm sorry that there was not a convenient ice machine near your guest room. I will forward this information to our management team for review.

Thank you for your review. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon the next time you travel to Asheville, NC.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Overall this is a great hotel. That said, we were not able to connect to the Wi-Fi from our room and had to go to the lobby to check email, etc. I complained about this issue shortly after arrival. The reception clerk simply expressed surprise. I mentioned it again on check out and again the clerk just expressed surprise. I guess this issue wasn't important. Given how connected people are today, Wi-Fi is an important service. So if you need Wi-Fi I would look elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
BFH_Marketing, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear George H -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. I'm sorry that your In-Room WiFi was not getting a strong signal, but I am glad we were able to assist you in our e-lounge lobby location.

Our staff probably seemed surprised since the WiFi was recently upgraded throughout the hotel, but apparently there are some location related issues that we will look into. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon the next time you travel to Asheville, NC, and we will be certain there will be ample WiFi connectability throughout the hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree in Asheville for a family wedding recently. The staff was really attentive -- our experience was that the hotel was incredibly accommodating. We did not eat there, except for breakfast, at which they had steel-cut oatmeal - sooo much better than the little sugary instant oatmeal packets. There was fresh, flavored water in the lobby, which we really enjoyed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
BFH_Marketing, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Barbara M -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you during the wedding weekend at our DoubleTree Asheville. It was nice to see that you found your accommodations comfortable, and our hotel in a great location in Biltmore Village. Glad you got to enjoy the breakfast and fruit infused water.