Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville
US$245
US$192
US$152
US$136
Sleep Inn West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$76
SleepInn
US$155
US$115
US$406
US$123
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$338
US$304
Autograph
  • Restaurant
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$355
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
1,537 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiestgi fridaysgreat locationducker tea roomnice hotelwalking distancefront desk stafffirst floorbreakfast buffetshort driveclose to downtowntgifridaysbiltmoreconferencepetvanderbilt
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The location is very close to the Biltmore estate and about 2 miles from downtown shops and restaurants. The service was excellent. The room was small but nice enough. We were lucky to face the courtyard, which is very pretty. During our stay, I was able to make use of the gym, the pool and the hot tub. (In fact, I woke up early enough one morning to have the whole pool and hot tub to myself!) We brought our doggie, and it was fun to see lots of other furry babies on the same floor (1st). I know we were not in the new tower, which would have been nicer and more expensive, but we were away from noisy areas, such as the elevator, ice machine or exit doors, and this helped make the stay more comfortable. There were some orange-red colored stains (looked like they'd been washed but still didn't want to sleep on them) on the sheets, which we didn't notice until we pulled the covers down to go to sleep around 1 in the morning. Guest services was VERY responsive in correcting the issue and even comped us for that night, offered to move us to another room and gave us breakfast vouchers. This made the stay worth it all! We didn't move rooms, because we liked the location of our room, and the other room they offered us faced the parking lot and was next to a noisier area in the hotel. They changed the sheets as soon as they could in the morning. They also brought in a mini fridge, which I'd requested when I booked the room. This made things much more convenient than using the cooler we'd brought. There was another issue, but I didn't report it because I didn't want to have to take my dog somewhere while it was fixed. The shower drain wouldn't stay open, so we stuck one of the little shampoo bottles in it to hold it open. The bathroom was small, but we spent most of our time out of the room anyway. We went to waterfalls, whitewater rafting and to tour the Biltmore mansion. It was a little bit of a drive to get to some of the outdoor places we went (1-2 hours away), but it was nice to have a home base that was near restaurants and shops. After we washed up from the daily activities, we could go right down the street to a restaurant of our choice, with lots to choose from. Because of the Double Tree's friendly and responsive customer service, we enjoyed our stay. The hotel room we stayed in was good enough for the price ($151/night). I know prices fluctuate depending on the season, and the location, being close to downtown, is also a factor. We stayed 5 nights in early August. When we got the bill, the comp had not been added, so we took it to the front desk and they changed it right away, no problems. To sum it up, I could knit-pick at some other minor things about the room itself, but the experience overall (because of the service, the comped stay and comped breakfasts) made our stay very good! Oh yeah, the Double Tree cookies....yum.....good thing there is a gym on site!

1  Thank Jaclyn C
BFH_Marketing, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Jaclyn C -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. It was nice to see that you found your accommodations comfortable, and our hotel in a great central location for all of your sight-seeing activities.

Our staff prides itself on congeniality and the cleanliness of our hotel, and we are glad you got to enjoy that aspect of our guest service. We were sorry about the stain on the sheets, rest assured they were clean. Some things just do not come out in the laundary, but I am glad we were able to turn this around in a pleasant way. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon the next time you travel to Asheville, NC.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

only stayed overnight while traveling but the stay was very nice and comfortable, beautiful lobby and friendly staff. I wish the Double Tree at Atlantic Beach NC, was half as nice as the one in Asheville.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Melissa S

Dear Melissa S -

Our staff prides itself on congeniality and the cleanliness of our hotel, and we are glad you got to enjoy that aspect of our guest service. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon the next time you travel to Asheville, NC.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you visit Asheville and Biltmore Estates, I would highly recommend this hotel. All of the staff were professional and friendly, the courtyard was beautiful with plants, flowers and trees and the room was immaculate. We stayed in a king suite with garden view and it was spacious, having 2 large rooms plus bathroom. Sitting room had sink/bar area, refrigerator, and microwave. Great location in Biltmore village, minutes from the Estate and the Blue Ridge parkway. I would definitely stay there again. Only downside is they allow pets and even though I'm a pet lover, I just don't think pets and hotels mix.

3  Thank Sharon H

Dear Sharon H -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. It was nice to see that you found your accommodations comfortable, and our hotel in a great location in Biltmore Village, near the Biltmore Estate and Blue Ridge Parkway.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

After researching many Asheville properties both downtown and in the Biltmore Village area, we chose this hotel based on the overall price and positive reviews. It was easy to find, conveniently located near the interstate and within walking distance of Biltmore Village. The check-in staff was friendly and welcoming. We found our room easily. The room itself was a fourth floor executive tower king room with a balcony. The view overlooked the back of the property, which included the back parking lot and a very lush wooded setting. Not the greatest, but not the worst either! Our room was spacious with a comfortable bed, but a teeny tiny closet. The furnishings seemed in good repair. There was a microwave and coffee maker, and an empty space where a refrigerator might have sat at one point or another. We had some issues getting the television to work properly, but we were able to get it to operate by choosing a different input on the TV itself. The AC unit was also a little loud when it came on as noted by previous reviewers too. The bathroom was a good size with a generous walk-in shower but poor lighting, in my opinion. Most hotel rooms have pretty awful lighting these days though. We did not take advantage of the amenities like the pool, fitness center or breakfast. Overall, our stay was fine - quiet and comfortable, but not especially remarkable. If you travel with pets, this is a good option and a nice balance between the super pricey, but more chic and elegant properties in town, and the budget travel motels. It was clean and familiar.

I'm not sure if I'd stay here again - that choice isn't really because of the hotel itself, but we found the rates to be rather high for what it was, and the Village location was kinda underwhelming - the Biltmore Village is mostly chain stores I can find at home and very few restaurants. It also turns into a ghost town after 6 pm. We found downtown Asheville to be better suited to our travel style with a vibrant, lively downtown scene, tons of restaurants and lots of friendly people milling around.

Room Tip: Executive Tower rooms facing the back of the property are quiet with wooded views.
1  Thank blondeinabmw

Dear Blondeinabmw -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. It was nice to see that you found your accommodations comfortable. Our guests remark that our DoubleTree is befitting of the overall Asheville experience since we provide a unique hotel environment in close proximity to Biltmore Estate and Biltmore Village. As each of our visitors gets to know Asheville, we realize that they all gravitate to their favorite parts of our city.

I will make a note about the missing refrigerator to our management team. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again the next time you travel to Asheville, NC.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Based on our stay I don't consider this hotel a value and can't say I'd recommend staying here. I wish there was a 2.5 rating because that is what I would give this property. On the service end, if it wasn't for our experience with the excellent staff serving breakfast, I'd give the service rating a solid 1.5.

I should have spend the extra money to stay at "The Inn at the Biltmore Estate".

Positives
Clean Living Area and Breakfast Staff

Negatives
Room Layout - The room is somewhat cramped. For example, good luck trying to maneuver the luggage cart into the room while bringing in small children. A second example is the bathroom. While the bathroom is somewhat clean the bathroom door nearly hits the toilet seat as it travels across it's arc.
Dirty Bathrooms - While the bathroom in our room was functionally clean, the vanity is a piece of furniture with areas for dirt and grime to collect. There is no way you can clean that piece effectively as quickly as they need to turn those rooms. Bad choice of decor there. The lobby area men's room was filthly at 11 AM! Disgraceful.
Service - The night we checked in my wife asked the front desk attendant if breakfast was included. She asked her about our membership level. She remarked "Oh, you're only a Blue. Breakfast is not included." So sorry for being the equivalent of a serf in your customer loyalty program lady. Maybe that is why we are still a Blue with you? On top of that, I saw a bald headed man who worked there berating younger staff. No guest wants or needs to see you trying to make yourself seem more important than you really are buddy.
Breakfast Serving Area - This facility is a catacomb. The breakfast serving area is all the way in the back of the hotel. You may possibly need a map or GPS to navigate getting there.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EagleDad70
BFH_Marketing, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear EagleDad70 -

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you at our DoubleTree Asheville during your recent stay to our area. I'm sorry that you experienced a less than satisfactory experience with the guest room cleanliness and service at the Front Desk.

I have forwarded your feedback to our management staff. They will use this information to train the individuals that were part of this negative experience to be certain these items are corrected for our future guests, which we hope will include you.