“Not terrible, but there are better hotels nearby”

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #38 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 27 May 2011

The price was right but the bed was not comfortable and the sheets were scratchy. The pillows smelled a bit mildewy and the sheets also reeked of excessive bleaching. Go for the Sleep Inn right around the corner, same price but much more comfortable. And they have breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 February 2011

A great value for the money, especially if you travel with your pets like we do.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Couldn't believe our luck with this clean and friendly hotel. Booked online 20 minutes before we arrived. Had a superior king room. Delightful reception staff. Clean and comfortable room with free WiFi.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I stayed for 2 nights, one of them being New Years Eve. We went to Asheville for a concert, and really just needed a cheap place to stay. We even told friends of ours how cheap the room was for two nights, and they decided to come down &stay with them as well. The room was nice & clean, very trendy/modern looking. The front desk was friendly. I was very impressed - will definitely stay there again if I go back to Asheville.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2010

My wife and I were in Asheville for a wedding. We stayed our first night at the Red Roof just to be economical and then move on to a nice bed and breakfast further out of town for a few days after the wedding. Well, we were pleasantly surprised at the Red Roof. Free WiFi, a clean, comfortable room, and excellent service. The woman working the front desk was so cheerful and helpful. There was coffee and tea for breakfast which was perfect for us...who needs a stale and packaged "continental breakfast" that the other cheap hotels offer anyway? I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a comfortable night at an affordable price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Stayed one night. Pet friendly. Clean rooms. Looks recently remodeled. I would recommend. No breakfast but good coffee in the lobby morning. Friendly service.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 6 November 2010

My husband and I recently took a 13-day road trip, and pre-booked most of our motel stays in advance, near attractions we wanted to visit. On a strict budget, we were looking for economy without scrimping on the basic necessities. We had not stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, so in that sense, we were taking a chance. But we went for it, mostly because it had gotten good reviews, had the amenities we were looking for, and was in the price range we wanted to pay. This turned out to be a little gem - and the best place we stayed at the entire trip - so much so, that we decided to return to Asheville on our swing back north and stay here again for two nights, the following week. The one negative was that there was no complimentary breakfast in this location, but there were enough other perks to make it a favorite for us. We had everything we could have wanted in our room including a microwave and fridge, and an executive desk setup,and when we found a hair dryer was missing, we inquired at the front desk and received a hairdryer with a smile! The staff here were really "above and beyond"! They were very friendly and so helpful about everything. When we checked out after our first stay, I inadvertently left my Blackberry charger in the room. We were well across the state on our way to another destination when I realized this, but a phone call to the desk clerk, Susan, left me with no doubt I would get my charger back when I returned. But I think they would have mailed the charger to my home had I not been returning! We did return a week later for two more nights, and were just as happy in a downsized room (having asked for an even better rate!) . The rooms here are clean, everything was in working order, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and we give this place a 5 star rating!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple