“Low Value for the Money”

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Wish I had spent a few bucks more and stayed at any of the other hotels on the same street. When I walked into my room, the stench was so overpowering I had to keep the door open while I burned incense the first hour. It took 3 hours before the wireless connection on my laptop finally started working. There was no refrigerator, no microwave, no pool, and not even a simple electric pot to make a cup of tea. The room was very tiny even for a solo traveler; a second person in the room would have been impossible.

1  Thank Songdo_Korea

Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed at this facility on Sunday 7/10 and was VERY surprised by how nice it was for the money. When I arrived the manager of the facility was on duty and was very helpful and nice and the room was appreciably nicer than I expected. Everything was spotlessly clean and fresh and the matress was good. I had a standard King room on the ground floor on the front side of the building and I was very pleased. The internet wifi was a bit on the slow side but other than that, everything about the facility exceeded my expectations!

I am a senior citizen and I travel a fair amount and I am always looking for modestly priced but nice places to stay and this is one of the best I have found!

VCH

Reviewed 9 July 2011

I just needed a budget motel to stay overnight while passing through. As usual I checked tripadvisor and this place came highly recommended. I was not dissapointed. The check in was quick and the motel clerk was very friendly. The room was spotless and the decor was updated. I paid thousands of dollars to stay in a place half as nice in Jamaica. Even though the doors opened up to the outside I never heard a thing and the parking lot was pretty much full. The beds were extremely comfortable, which was my biggest shock. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great deal!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

When I saw how highly rated this motel on the west side of town was, I spent the night and found it to be just as described. Neat attractive room with wi-fi service. No continental breakfast, but coffee is available in the lobby.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

I've stayed at this place after touring the Blue Ridge Parkway and I have nothing but fond memories. The motel is quite close to the Parkway so it's good starting/ending point for the trip there.
The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable enough and the staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. Overall, great value motel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My husband and I like to stay at the Red Roof Inn because we like to bring our dog along and they allow pets to stay free. We recently stayed at another Red Roof Inn in Wilmington and were disappointed by how unclean and run down things were. We decided to give RRI another try in Wilmington after looking at pictures online. I'm glad we did!

When we checked in the front desk clerk had our paperwork ready to go. While she wasn't overly friendly, she was quick and efficient. I was in and out of the front office in 5 minutes. She did make sure to tell me that $1.50 safe charge would be added on to our room bill, but we could have it removed if we asked. I told her we would not be using the safe so she told me to initial the spot and write "no" next to it.

We went to our room, which was on the 3rd floor, room 325 I believe, and found our room to be very clean and newly remodeled. The carpet looked new, there were granite counter tops, new bathroom floor, toilet, and shower. The beds were a little low to the ground and could have used an additional blanket. There was plenty of room to set up our dog crate. There seemed to be a lot of traveling construction crews at the hotel, but they were all quiet and our stay was peaceful. It is in a good part of town with several restaurants surrounding, including Dunkin' Doughnuts, The Cracker Barrel, and Hardee's. The room did not have a hairdryer, which would have been nice, and no vending machines, but we brought a cooler, so that was not an issue. There was an ice machine.

When we went to check out it was again very quick, however I noticed the safe charge was still on the bill. I asked to have it removed and they complied. Be careful of this if you stay here. The clerk, again, was not overly friendly, but quick and efficient. There is no breakfast, but like I said, Dunkin' Doughnuts is right down the street and their breakfast is great! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When you call, ask for a room on the first floor.