“Modern comfy hotel”

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Friendly reception staff, modern motel (or recent make over when stayed April 2013) very comfortable room and good bathroom but as location overlooks interstate intersection, whilst being handy for travelling a bit noisy with late night trucks and a train! Cracker Barrel within walking distance. All other guests quiet and considerate.
Friendly and helpful reception staff, handy location for local diners and interstate. Tea was provided by staff who took pity on this English woman!
As in all Red Roof motels I believe, no breakfast facilities only take away coffee in reception.
Near to interstate intersections and local diners like Cracker Barrel and Waffle House. Good place to stay when visiting Biltmore Mansion, a must see!

Room Tip: choose room away from main road even if towards the back, very little noise from parking lot as good...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

We are very happy that your stay with us in our renovated hotel was just what you needed. We are close to The Biltmore Estate and downtown, and are pleased that you found us to be a great location for your visit. We hope if you are in the area again that you allow us to offer you our hospitality for the return visit!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I read tripadvisor to find this hotel and was excited to see that it got great reviews for a good price. Due to the stellar reviews, I was extremely disappointed with my stay.

Let me preface by saying that I'm not picky or one to complain. Go read my other reviews and I'm sure you'll agree that I'm a partial, reasonable person who has realistic expectations. I realize that I chose a budget friendly, pet friendly hotel so I didn't expect luxury amenities or anything like that.

When we first walked into the room, I immediately noticed a smokey smell and thought it was strange since its a non-smoking hotel. No big deal. Maybe they recently adopted that policy and the smell is just lingering. Upon further inspection, though, I noticed that the corners of the room were dirty. Dust and grime layered the rim of the headboard, and hairs and lint were on the bottom of the toilet. I must thought all of this was evidence of a careless housekeeping. I had planned to note this in my review, but it wasn't a big enough of a problem to me to ask to change rooms or cause a big stink. However, the morning we left we were packing up the car. My daughter's pacifier had fallen underneath the bed. We pushed the bed back to find spiders, spider webs, an empty coke can, dirty tissues, and animal feces!! I took my keys to the front desk to check out and let the front desk clerk know about the situation.

I'm baffled. I really don't understand how this happened when everyone else seems to have good reviews.

On the upside, the staff was friendly, it's in a decent location and I enjoyed having Dunkin Donuts and Cracker Barrel so close for breakfast. And had the room been clean I would say it's a fair price for what you get. I can't recommend this hotel based on my experience. Even for a budget friendly price I expect a clean room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank okifanoki04

We strive to offer all our guests a great, comfortable room at a reasonable price for our area. I am very sorry that we did not meet our goals for your stay with us. It is very unusual that we have fallen short in this area, and we hope you give us another chance to show you our usual service and cleanliness.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I checked into a Superior King Room at this Red Roof Inn on October 20, 2013 and checked out on October 24, 2013 (4 nights). I had a great experience in every way. The room was a large, clean, updated room with a nice faux wood floor (no dirty, smelly motel carpet here). Also, the lady who took care of my room, Cathy, was very nice and did a great job, really paying attention to detail! I really liked this Red Roof Inn and will most likely stay here again in the future. Thanks, Red Roof Inn, for a great stay!

Room Tip: For $5 more per night, get the Superior King Room. It's larger, has a coffeemaker, refrigerator...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

We are very happy that you enjoyed the new rooms and our housekeeper's care of you during your several day stay with us. We enjoy offering a comfortable, clean room convenient to all the fun events and areas to enjoy in Asheville!

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary by visiting the Biltmore. This nice little hotel was conveniently located about 5 miles from the Biltmore. There was a Cracker Barrel almost right next door where we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were newly renovated and 100% non-smoking. I don't usually care about the shower as long as it is decent, but this shower had great water pressure and felt almost like a massage. Enough so that I think it's worth mentioning (which is saying a lot for me). Free Wi-Fi in the room.
The ONLY slightly frustrating thing for me was no hair dryer in the room. They had them available, but you had to go pick one up from the front desk.
Besides this one little hiccup, I would have to say this hotel was a pleasant surprise to be so affordable and convenient to everything we did. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

We are so pleased you chose us for your anniversary and visit to The Biltmore Estate. We are happy our accommodations and service was just what you needed to help celebrate your special day!

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

The front desk clerk was nice and so was the night shift clerk whom checked us in at a late hour. Close to Asheville and way cheaper than all the rest. Pass the Rodeway Inn and Comfort Inn and stay here, you don't regret it.
Room 124

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your choosing us in Asheville as we have recently remodeled, and offer a great room at a great price!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is an aging motel, but the room was nice, clean, and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the free WiFi worked fine. The front office staff was friendly and the free coffee was decent. It was very convenient to downtown Asheville -- about a 15 minute drive -- but much less expensive than staying downtown. Very good for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thanks for staying with us! I am pleased that you found us to be convenient to downtown, clean, and a good price for our area. Our recently remodeled rooms offer a great alternative to staying downtown while in Asheville!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We recently stayed here. The most reasonably priced motel that takes pets. It was very clean and newly renovated but very short on amenities like hair dryer and in room coffee. We found out that for $7 more we could have had it but ti was never offered.
The entry is VERY confusing. The Lobby sign is so small we almost missed it. It looks like an enlarged closet !!
We were directed to the elevator in the middle.
The elevator was right across from the laundry where there were full laundry carts in the open.
This is the most pathetic entry we have ever seen. Quite in appropriate.
If you are into franchis food you will very please as it is almost impossible to find a real restarant between here and downtown Asheville !!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate that you found us to be a good value in Asheville, and we are happy to have you and your pet stay with us. We offer several room types, with the Superior King rooms offering additional amenities--microfridge, hairdryer, iron, and an in room coffeemaker at a slightly higher price. You will find that there are several celebrated non chain restaurants such as Sunny Point Café, Nona Mia's as well as other choices in the West Asheville area approximately 5-6 minutes from the hotel, before you reach the downtown area. We hope you stay with us again and enjoy more of the local area and downtown Asheville!