“Red Roof Inn good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Asheville West

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
“Red Roof Inn good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2005

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn Asheville West in mid-Dec 2005. For just $50, we had a double room with a continental breakfast.

We only slept there, but we COULD have used a hot tub, indoor pool, exercise room, pool tables, game room, indoor putting green, and/or kids' playground!

Good deal for 50 bucks.

7 Thank ghengiscon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2005

This hotel is great if you're looking for a decent cheap place for a night or two. The staff was excellent and very very helpful. The room was clean and I didn't miss the extras that come with most hotel rooms like a coffee maker, box of tissues or hair dryer. The sheets were somewhat old and threadbare, but that is really the only complaint. I felt safe despite the exterior corridors and there were lots of great restaurant choices nearby. Furthermore, Biltmore and other hot spots are only 10-15 minutes away. It's well worth the savings to stay here.

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank Pennyroyal
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2005

We stayed at the Red Roof on Memorial Day weekend here, basically out of necessity. We checked tripadvisor for the top ranking list, and called down the list until we found that Red Roof was the only place that had rooms. So, we booked there. The rooms were OK, but there were problems. Our chair by the little table just as we entered the door had a big tear in it. This should have been taken care of. The beds were not very comfortable, but I could indeed sleep on the beds. We went to the Biltmore House and took my wife's parents, and they stayed in the room next to us. They voiced no problems to us, so I assume they were OK with the room. It was clean, and a decent place to stay if you want to save some money. If you want comfort, however, I would recommend one higher on the list. But, by no means is this place dirty or a place I wouldn't give consideration to again, especially since we bought two rooms for our party.

• Stayed May 2005
10 Thank Bretticus25
Asheville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2005

I generally worry about staying at places in the $40 range when other places charge $60-$80 and more, you figure something must be wrong. But I just stayed 6 nights at the Red Roof in West Asheville and figured I saved over $200 in the process, free money. The room was clean, furnishings OK, the bathroom bright, TV reception OK, staff cleaned the room well every day, front desk is friendly. The accomodations are basic -- no iron or coffee-maker for example, no internet access, and instead of a tissue dispenser you get a little packet of tissues along with the soap. But you can't beat the value especially if you don't plan on spending much time in the room. The non-smoking rooms do in fact seem to be smoke-free (something rare in North Carolina). There is an elevator to the second floor. The rooms have exterior access, a minus, but I didn't feel unsafe in this area. There are other motels in the same area. There is a Cracker Barrel nearby as well as local (and much cheaper) diners just down the road, if you like local cooking. The only downside to staying in this part of town is the traffic congestion on Route 19/23 and getting to downtown via the confusing lane changes in the I40/I26/I240 interchange. I've rated this 3-stars not because anything is wrong, but because it's basic. I will stay again when the price is this attractive relative to its competition.

• Stayed April 2004, travelled on business
13 Thank crea8ive
Pooler, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2005

i've never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, so I was apprehensive. This place only offered basic cable and no breakfast. But the helpful, friendly staff more than made up for the no breakfast, and they do have three HBO channels. My room was above the office and that made me feel really safe. Patrick and Hunter were fantastic. The location is great if you're doing the tourist thing. a few exits from the Biltmore Estate, NC Arborteum and WNC Farmers Markets. Hot Springs is up the road a ways. And they are even going to have breakfast there next year. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2005
6 Thank melody2angel2
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2004

I come to Asheville several times each year and always stay here. Like all RRI's, this one has rooms set aside for people with pets. The rooms are clean and decently appointed, and this is a safe hotel... unlike a lot of "budget" places.

The staff have always been very friendly and attentive. I think I cancel twice for every time I fulfill a reservation, but they are always great about it. Their prices are by far the best for any decent hotel in Asheville.

It ain't posh, but it's a great deal in all respects. I'm getting ready to return and can't wait.

• Stayed March 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Frankfort, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2004

We stayed here on the way to the Myrtle Beach, SC. Overall, not a bad property. Room was clean and nothing was broken. Our only complaint is that getting to the motel is difficult and confusing. You must access a back service road from the main road at the interstate exit.

3 Thank belleandbeau