“Borderline”

Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Georgia
“Borderline”
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Very little is available in Asheville on a Friday night for less than $100, so I went with the Red Roof. The property is iffy. When I walked in the room, there was a very iffy odor to the room, almost a musty-like smell. The in-room alarm clock's display was invisible, and an adjoining room's plumbing could be heard loudly. But the room was clean, the Internet was fast, and I wound up sleeping well. And the musty smell seemed to go away once I turned on the AC fan. Location is by the interstate, about 15 minutes from downtown and maybe that long to the Biltmore (did visit downtown and saw the drum circle, but I did not venture over to the Biltmore). For now, I would recommend it, but it is a qualified recommendation .... don't expect it to be perfect.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 31 August 2009

This motel room was very basic, clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful, pleasant and efficient. There is no breakfast, but at less than $50 a night, that's not a problem, especially with Cracker Barrel, Dunkin' Donuts and Waffle House closeby. I would glady stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Brownsville
Reviewed 29 August 2009

On our way to the beach at South Carolina, we looked for a pet-friendly hotel. I found this one on the internet and took a chance based on the reviews. It was convenient to the interstate, well maintained outside, and the service clerk was stellar. He put us in a room right near the pet walk and restaurants. It was so easy walking to Hardee's and Dunkin Donuts for dinner and breakfast. The room was spotless, with a separate wrap-around table for my laptop. The room was on the first floor so it was easy to take our dog, "Barney" for a walk. The Continental breakfast which they don't offer wasn't missed as most of the continental breakfasts are all sugar, starch and usually a hastle.
We will definitely stay here again enroute back to Tennessee. We stayed in an all-inclusive room which I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Highland, IL
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Much nicer than expected. King Room was comfortable and had frig/microwave. Location okay (just off the interstate) with many restaurants nearby. Hotel does have exterior corridors.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Central Coast California
Reviewed 6 August 2009

I prefer to provide the facts first then my review so fellow travelers can make an educated decision. I hope my review helps in your decision.

DATE: 26 July 2009
COST: $54 USD Business King
OCCUPANCY: 2
# BEDS REQUESTED: 1
BOOKING: Directly through Red Roof Inn website.
INCLUDED AMMENITIES ADVERTISED: Free Internet, non-smoking, business King with work station, refrigerator, big screen TV.
FALSE PROMISES: None. Everything advertised was supplied.
STAFF: Excellent. Friendly.
NEIGHBORHOOD: Safe. No criminal activity observed in front of property. No hotel security required.
LOCATION TO TOURIST SITES: Property located on west side of Asheville. You have to drive to tourist sites.
TRIPADVISOR UTILIZED PRIOR TO BOOKING: Yes.
CHECK-IN/OUT: Too easy.

REVIEW: I recommend the Red Roof Inn Asheville West if you want to save money on expensive lodging, but still want a nicely furnished room. The bed was just as comfortable as you would find in more expensive hotels. The Red Roof Inn is set up as a motel with parking at your room door. This property had three floors, but I stayed on the first as requested. The room contained granite countertop, nicely decorated furnishings, comfortable bed, large screen TV, free cable, workstation-desk, free wireless Internet, refrigerator and microwave oven. The Internet was included in my business King reservation. Other rooms will have to pay a one day access charge of $7 USD for wireless Internet.

The Red Roof Inn Asheville West is a clean, modern, above average, well run motel that is affordable. It is not walking distance to downtown Asheville so if that's what you require look elsewhere. If you have a car, then it is perfect. There are numerous restaurants nearby and gas stations. It is located right off the highway so access is easy. There was a small snack offered in the morning at the lobby but I walked next door to the Dunkin Donuts for my breakfast. The room I was given was clean and organized efficiently. The room was modern because the desk was set up so you can see the TV while you work.

Red Roof Inn Asheville West amenities advertised were all supplied. I got a downstairs room as requested, and was able to park right at my front door. Parking is free, and plentiful. I have stayed here before and each time I stay I am always impressed.

The maids did not make any attempt to disturb me in the morning or try and get me to leave early which can be bothersome at most hotels/motels. In fact, the maids did an excellent job in maintaining the room cleanliness and keeping quiet outside on the walkways in the morning.

TIP: If you’re planning a long stay or a trip across country, the Red Roof Inn uses a national wireless Internet carrier which offers a monthly plan on the Internet. Check their website for the name as it might be cheaper to buy a monthly Internet pass while you’re traveling.

Happy travels. I hope this was helpful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank California_Wine
Iowa
Reviewed 2 July 2009

My husband and I stopped at the Red Roof Inn as we passed through Asheville and we were very happy with it. The man at the front desk when we checked in was very nice and the room was clean and comfortable. We had Internet in our room and I was a little nervous about getting connected , but it worked well. Of all the hotels we stayed at as we traveled to and from our destination, this one was the nicest. The only down-side was that there was no breakfast in the morning, but there is a Dunkin Donuts close by! We had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, but we definitely will stay at one again.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 12 June 2009

My fiance and I stayed here when we were in town for the Phish concert at the Asheville Civic Center. I've stayed here in the past and have always been pleased, and this time was no exception. It looked like it had been remodeled since my last stay several years ago, so that was a definate plus. Spotlessly clean, and a very comfortable bed. It's not luxurious by any means, but if you just need a place to stay for a night or two this is a great choice. It's conveniently located off of I-40, is about a 10 minute drive from downtown Asheville, and is within walking distance to a few restaurants. My only complaints with this hotel are the wireless internet stopped had some problems, and the bathroom was so tiny you could barely move around in it. Overall, excellent motel!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple