“An Excellent & Economical Choice”

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #41 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 13 May 2010

I booked this stay through Hotels.com based on price, and after reading several positive reviews. Those reviews were accurate, and the price of $43 -- just $3 more than a Motel 6 -- was wonderful.
I booked a standard room with two double beds. There were no great amenities in this room: no iron, coffee pot, flat screen TV or microwave, but the room was spotlessly clean and well-furnished, with cheerful colors, granite counter top, and a nice built in desk. Water pressure was good; bed was comfortable; climate control was excellent. The front desk clerks were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. There are many restaurant choices in the neighborhood and there's a coffee shop (Mountain City Java) about a mile up the road. Internet was free and reliable.
On the downside, there's no laundry facility on site, only one ice machine on lower level (by office), and I'd also wish for a coffee pot in the room, but as stated the price was right. I wish all economy choices took such pride in their facilities. I would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 May 2010

Great price on line (price much higher at the hotel office). We paid $48 per night plus tax. Can't beat that. The first room we were given had the original wall mount AC units which had leaked all over the carpet. They gave us another room that had been re-done with new window units. New carpet, Paint and granite (Silestone) counter tops. Very clean. Room has a safe but no microwave or fridge. TV worked with many chanels including HBO. The wireless worked fine with "4 bars". You can't beat the combination of price and room condition. Applebees 1 block away.
No worries here.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I have stayed at this motel 3 times. I have been traveling with pets each time. The hotel is very accomodating to pets. The first time I stayed there was an agility show in town, the second time there was a dog show at the convention center so the motel was full of dog owners with dogs both times. Everyone was super curteous and responsible and I was never bothered by any of the dogs. The staff was very animal friendly and I felt totally comfortable having my dogs along. There's even a grassy area with clean up bags and trash for walking dogs.

The rooms were quiet and clean. There is ample parking and the location is close to Rt. 40 so it's easy to get downtown and to the malls, farmer's market, etc.

This is a basic, economy type hotel so it's no frills but my stays were always pleasant. I would highly recommend this motel - especially if you are traveling with a pet and want a hassle free experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank mbolgerva
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I was in a group of 3 that traveled to Asheville to see some bands play. We needed a clean, safe & convienient place to stay. The Red Roof Inn was pretty much what were looking for. The rooms and property were clean and the parking lot was well lit. It was easy to find and only about 10 min from the club we were going to. The rooms were a good size, although the beds were rather small. The bathroom and room itself were clean and well maintained. Great for an over night trip, though I probably would find something a bit larger for an extended stay. Many restaurants are within walking distance. Downtown Asheville was a short drive away.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2009

We took our dog ,Alexis, for her first experience away from home and stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Asheville. Let me explain, we rescued Alexis last March from a Florida animal shelter where she had spent her entire 13,yes,13 years. As one can imagine, every thing is very strange and scary to her. The Red Roof Inn was a very pleasant experience for us all. There were absolutely no smells from either cigarettes or previous pets to annoy us and it was quiet and calm when we walked around the grounds. We will certainly return again . Thank you for making "our first experience" such a pleasurable and successful one. S. and D. Florio Beaufort, S.C.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Had the peasure of trying the Red Roof Inn - Asheville West, for an extended weekend with my wife and friends. The service from the frond desk, both at check in and check out was very fast, accurate, and pleasent . Room was nice, clean and newly renovated.
Location is easy access to I40 and I240 which takes you everywhere you need to go in or around Asheville. Walking distance to a wide variety of chain resturants. Highly recomend you get the all inclusive King rooms if you want WiFi and other add ons.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2009

After reading reviews on this site, we booked this hotel for the senior rate of $54 - amazing considering all the other, much more expensive accommodations in Asheville. The interstate access is very handy; however, we experienced very heavy traffic twice getting back to the hotel. Having been recently renovated, our room was very clean; the bed was fine; toiletries are minimal; staff was very nice. Local calls are free; USA Today is available; coffee maker available in the lobby with flavored coffee (hot water and tea bags, too). Microwave by the ice maker. Heat worked well. For the price, I highly recommend the place. True, no breakfast is included, but that was hardly a surprise, considering the price! Lots of restaurants close by. If you want internet, you have to pay for an upgraded room, or pay $8 to T-Mobile for a one-day pass.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple