“Very pleased with this Red Roof”

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #39 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We booked a superior king. The room was clean and could tell that it was recently renovated. The bed was not in the greatest condition, but they were in the process of replacing all the mattress while we were there. Over all a great stay for the price.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed back in February of 2009 and I'm just now getting around to writing a review. ha ha. Well, I'll start off by saying, it's not going to be a hilton, it's not going to be the ritz, it's just going to be a place to rest your head. We booked the superior King so we could have a place for one of us to play on the computer (Roller Coaster Tycoon in my case) and another one of us could relax on the bed while watching TV. The larger rooms are great, with enough room for 2 people to move around in. There is no breakfast, but there is a Cracker Barrel, and Hardee's within walking distance. No Swimming pool, and the coffee is in the lobby. But you could put a cheap $5 coffee pot in your room if you wish. We stayed here to visit the Biltmore, and had a blast! Never seen it in the snow, so it was stunning. They have movies you can purchase in room. We had a fridge and microwave so we could bring our leftover Applebee's. The Biltmore is a short drive from this hotel, so it's worth the little trip.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have traveled extensively for the past 30 years and stayed at every type of hotel/motel imaginable. I am a Priority Club Member/Hilton/Comfort Inn award member but Red Roof Inn has emerged as the best value in America with simple but more than adequate amenities and quality rooms. I have paid $250 a night for a room at other hotels and $50 at Red Roof Inn for the same services. I want a good bed, hot water, helpful and friendly staff and I don't care how big the TV screen is or want chocolates on my pillow!!
This hotel has the friendliest most helpful front-desk staff that I have found in years,and the rooms are well maintained. In addition the rooms are $40-$140 less than comparable rooms in the Asheville area. I am a musician with band members to pay and house on the road and I want to keep them happy and well rested---many restaurants nearby , gas, convenience store, close to the Interstate----Red Roof meets our needs and fits my budget. Hope to be back in Asheville and , you bet I'd stay at Red Roof Inn, Asheville West!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This was a nice, no frills hotel. It was a short walk to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant, and close to the interstate. The staff were nice, and it felt safe. A great place to stay overnight while traveling. They also had free wifi that worked well, and free coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

BED BUGS!!! Woke up in the morning lost my earring, started looking and noticed the bed was FILLED with crawling little bugs. I called front desk, they immediately came down to see (they were very nice). One tried to collect one of the live bugs in one of the plastic cups that are in the room and it crushed and popped MY blood on the sheet. I then realized what those brown dots covering the sheet were! I spent the rest of trip doing laundry and looking for bed bugs. Now back home, my luggage is outside where it will probably be thrown away and my clothes have been RE-washed. I only hope I didn't bring them home. It's almost 2am on my first nite home and I am scared to go to bed even though I've had a shower (would have washed with dog flea shampoo if I had had some). I pray that we didn't bring them back with us. I am just so sick.

The hotel staff said they have alot of construction workers stay there and most likely that's where they came from. Again the staff was nice and we got a refund but I'd have paid twice as much and even more not to have this experience. I am 48 years old and this is the first time I have ever even seen them. I didn't even mention the welts I have on my neck and face from some of the bites.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank justtobeme2
Reviewed 11 August 2010

After a horrendous experience with Red Roof Inn In Wilmington a few weeks ago I was pleased to find that this Red Roof Inn was fine ( as were the others I have stayed in other than Wilmingtom)-Recently renovated, clean, basic accomadations a few easy miles away from downtown. The staff were very nice and helpful. Asheville hotels are expensive and this was a bargain. Full but never heard a thing and slept well.ALso, as always Red Roof is pet friendly, and that is a consideration for me.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Good value. Clean room, no frills. Seems recently updated. Bathroom is very small. No hairdryers or irons in-room, but if you ask at the front desk, they're happy to lend you one. Had some trouble getting a clean, made-up room, but they found us one on the second try. Check out took longer than it should have as only one person (of the five or so hanging around) seemed to know how to use the computer (and he had been called away to help someone with a flooding toilet). Once he returned, he was very helpful and pleasant, giving us directions and apologizing. Hotel is about 10 mins west of downtown area, but surrounded by plenty of restaurants and right off the highway. We were just passing through for one night on a long road-trip and it suited our needs just fine.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple